Why Walter Payton is the GOAT

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Hard to say who is the GOAT but I can confidently say that Tom Brady, Jerry Rice and Jim Brown would all rank above him on most lists and on my list.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet, if I could pick a Bear running back to start a team with, Gale Sayers would be my pick. Yes, his career was short, but from a pure running perspective he was better than Walter. In my opinion.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Walter was also the first homosexual to play in the NFL.

Come on...Dick Butkus?

mytwodads.jpg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
what exactly is the basis for this claim?

also @7:00 when he makes the entire Buccaneers defense look like cunts
@Omeletpants has mentioned this many times. I realize his posts get overlooked, but I'm fairly positive it's there.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on...Dick Butkus?

Butkus has always been kind of a quagmire for me. I want to think of this monster of a football player I hear he was, but I am too young to have seen him play. I am old enough to remember Dick Butkus the bit actor on a lot of bad television.

I am sure he may have been one of the best linebackers to play the game, but all I have ingrained in my mind is him playing second fiddle to a helicopter.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Hard to say who is the GOAT but I can confidently say that Tom Brady, Jerry Rice and Jim Brown would all rank above him on most lists and on my list.

you could plug Payton in almost anywhere and he could do it all. for his size he was incredibly strong. that's why many will call him the best FOOTBALL player vs. just RB (which most undoubtedly give the nod to Brown) Brady's just a QB, Jerry Rice had 2 HOF guys throwing to him (ie. he wouldn't be the same player if it were a shit QB), and Jim Brown was just a monster in a physically weak era. I'm not discounting their talents, they're all tops at what they did, but when Jim Brown endorses someone as his guy, you know they're legit. that's Payton.

Sayers could be argued as even better than Payton because he had pure speed and his cut ability before the knee injuries was inhuman probably still 50 years later. Payton wasn't fast, but was quick, and he would battle for every yard. if he had sugar in his tank fuck it, he played like a warrior.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
JIm Brown was the greatest RB of all time and every time he enter the field he was the best player. No one else can say that

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greatest Human of all time works for me.

Warrior spirit.

Public service.

Kindness.

Sweetness.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Butkus has always been kind of a quagmire for me. I want to think of this monster of a football player I hear he was, but I am too young to have seen him play. I am old enough to remember Dick Butkus the bit actor on a lot of bad television.

I am sure he may have been one of the best linebackers to play the game, but all I have ingrained in my mind is him playing second fiddle to a helicopter.
There is lots of video out there of him, maybe watch some of it

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Greatest Human of all time works for me.

Warrior spirit.

Public service.

Kindness.

Sweetness.
You are so naive. The guy was a serial cheater. Shot his business partner. Had a drug addiction. Could have spent a lot more time with his wife and kids. As someone who knew him very well, I beleive you overrate him. A thousand athletes that dedicated time to causes with less fan fare.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Walter was also the first homosexual to play in the NFL.

That is absolute bullshit. He was cheating on his wife regularly and it wasn’t with men. I saw him leave the clubs in Schaumburg with different women all the time. He always had that black Lamborghini parked right in front of any bar he was haunting. His running buddies were Thomas Sanders and Dennis Gentry. Maybe he and the Egg Man had a little something special but he was nailing a lot of fine looking ladies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you can have a dick, a libido, fame, a partner cheat you, and still be a damn good fucking person. I like how he treated the little guy.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
you can have a dick, a libido, fame, a partner cheat you, and still be a damn good fucking person. I like how he treated the little guy.
THERE IS GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYONE, BUT BEARS FANS HAVE FALSELY CREATED AN IMAGE OF PAYTON AS A PERFECT GUY AND HE WASNT.

BTW, HE WAS GREAT WITH KIDS BUT OPENLY MOCKED MEN THAT PURSUED HIM FOR AUTOGRAPHS. HE PREFERRED SHAKING HANDS TO WRITING HIS NAME

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
THERE IS GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYONE, BUT BEARS FANS HAVE FALSELY CREATED AN IMAGE OF PAYTON AS A PERFECT GUY AND HE WASNT.

BTW, HE WAS GREAT WITH KIDS BUT OPENLY MOCKED MEN THAT PURSUED HIM FOR AUTOGRAPHS. HE PREFERRED SHAKING HANDS TO WRITING HIS NAME

Are you still pretending to have done yoga with Payton in 2019?