Why was Barrett Jones cut by the Rams?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Anyone have any clue? He was givent the award for best center in the country only 2 years ago, now he's been bouncing around practice squads in the NFL. I thought he'd be a very solid, dependable center for the next 10 years and am somewhat shocked this is what it's come down to. Anyone know anything about his NFL Career thusfar?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/09/barrett_jones_released_by_st_l.html

"Jones joined the Rams as a fourth-round draft choice in 2013. But Jones had foot surgery because of an injury suffered at Alabama and played in only three games as a rookie. During training camp last year, Jones had back surgery, and he didn't return to the field until October. In two seasons, Jones was on the field for 23 offensive snaps and 44 special-teams plays for the Rams."

[video=youtube_share;DCoVQmIBvIk]https://youtu.be/DCoVQmIBvIk[/video]

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
if he can stay healthy he could be a nice piece for the line

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anyone have any clue? He was givent the award for best center in the country only 2 years ago, now he's been bouncing around practice squads in the NFL. I thought he'd be a very solid, dependable center for the next 10 years and am somewhat shocked this is what it's come down to. Anyone know anything about his NFL Career thusfar?

Rumor has it that he was a chronic masturbator in the locker room. And not just his. So it was more of a personality thing, and not play.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
He fooled the Rams. Major dressing room cancer. Heard the guy flies out of town on his off days.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude was a rookie like not even 3 years ago desp. Obvious scrub

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That shower pic from last year would've looked a whole lot different… not that's anything wrong with that.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

Of course not.
th

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I was not a big fan of his coming out of college. It's a shame that injuries have plagued his development in the NFL. I don't foresee him stepping up and being a piece of the puzzle but there's nothing to lose here so let it rip.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I was not a big fan of his coming out of college. It's a shame that injuries have plagued his development in the NFL. I don't foresee him stepping up and being a piece of the puzzle but there's nothing to lose here so let it rip.

Nothing to lose is right. I'm not sure if he'll be able to stay healthy, but if he can, I don't see why he can't fill in at either RG or be the backup C as well as OG. Best case, he eventually starts at RG. Decent case, he sticks as a backup able to play C and OG and worst case, we cut him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
hard to look as good as he did in college when you dont have an abundance of superior talent around you, dude just sucks. dont get your hopes up.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why was Barrett Jones cut by the Rams?

Because it turns out he's not very good at Football NFL style.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was supposed to be a 10 year starter at center. He isn't the type that could play guard, he isn't that powerful. He is cerebral and at this point I think its clear the Rams don't have a great idea what they are doing on the o-line. One of those groups you should take flyers on individuals because they seem lost as a unit.

Jones got drafted even injured, he was damaged goods coming to them. With this size issue of Grasu its a great pick-up for us, and Jones is very cerebral, has a high floor.

If Grasu's floor falls through and its too soon for him, Barrett Jones is the best you got....well at least you have character, intelligence, and a guy who will keep fighting. I don't mind it, he is a nice security blanket with some upside.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I liked Jones out of College. Think he had Lisfrac entering the draft. He is not a power guy, but he can play all over the OL. He is celebral and has good technique when he can get into position. Think he was even an All-American @ LT for Alabama before they moved him over to Center.

Not sure about this BS about Grasu being too small ( and yes I watch him being pushed around in pre-season but they also take on the biggest guys on the field ) . He is also not a power guy, more mobile Center