Why won't they play Timu already!

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
The guy played fairly well in preseason, as did Anderson at the LB position. He gets cut then signed, cut then signed again. Anderson has been pretty good with his limited playing time and now I see they're playing Reynolds as well and he got hurt yesterday.

It'd be great to see more young guys out there, especially since Shea is still out, and I think Timu could make an impact. Start the young guys, let them gel together as a group already.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll trust the team. Bostic and Greene were world beaters in preseason a few years back.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
probably because he's not good. Starting a rookie for the sake of playing a rookie the coaching staff doesn't think anything of makes no sense

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
probably because he's not good. Starting a rookie for the sake of playing a rookie the coaching staff doesn't think anything of makes no sense

I hear you but then again, Anderson (who is also a rookie) had a good preseason, was cut, then signed again and now he's playing. I'm not saying to anoint Timu as a starter but at least give the guy some playing time now that Shea is injured.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just haven't seen this team be unwilling to play youth or to make a change. Most likely he is bad.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I just haven't seen this team be unwilling to play youth or to make a change. Most likely he is bad.

yeah, I mean it's only their jobs to evaluate talent right?

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I hear you but then again, Anderson (who is also a rookie) had a good preseason, was cut, then signed again and now he's playing. I'm not saying to anoint Timu as a starter but at least give the guy some playing time now that Shea is injured.

So you want to play young players, but putting Timu into the game would take snaps away from other young LB'ers. If we're being honest, it seems like you don't really want youth, you just want to see Timu play. I mean, it's pretty obvious why he isn't playing, he's a fringe practice squad guy that's only on the team because we are bereft of talent and in the middle of a 3-4 transition.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
it's pretty obvious why he isn't playing, he's a fringe practice squad guy that's only on the team because we are bereft of talent and in the middle of a 3-4 transition.

That's my point though. Play the guy since we haven't got much talent as it is. Also, you mention that putting him in the game would be taking snaps away from other young LB's. So what? We're trying to see who can play and contribute the most. Like I said, I just want to see him get "some" playing time, that's it. Our LB crew in the middle is nothing to write home to about.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
That's my point though. Play the guy since we haven't got much talent as it is. Also, you mention that putting him in the game would be taking snaps away from other young LB's. So what? We're trying to see who can play and contribute the most. Like I said, I just want to see him get "some" playing time, that's it. Our LB crew in the middle is nothing to write home to about.

You're misunderstanding my point. Because we are so thin at LB is the only reason he is on the team. He's just a warm body. Having him play would provide nothing, aside from the >1% chance he plays super well in games and not in practice. What I'm saying is, the guy wouldn't be on any other teams roster, or their practice squad, he's only here because we have nobody. It's like saying, well shit, why don't we play backups and F.A.'s at every position in order to see if someone magically plays well in games and the coaches completely missed their ability to show anything in practice.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll trust the team. Bostic and Greene were world beaters in preseason a few years back.

With a different GM. And with different coaches.

Still though, wouldn't hurt to try. We're 2-5!