Wild @ Blackhawks IGT 12/16 @ 7:30 p.m.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone catch Foley taking a couple shots at the Burrz? lol

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It was no Johnny Football ribbing but it was legitimately deserved.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Hossa get a goal. If Hossa and Sharp both pick it up just a little bit we can go a long way this year. Nice game by smith tonight, too. Toes and Kaner still looking good.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2.5 minutes left in a 1 goal game, and the comcast cuntknuckles just HAVE to run the goddamn scroll.

Am I the only one who hates that screen shortening BS?

Absolutely not.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Rundblad Erixon combo didn't seem too bad, until Rundblad entered the zone with the puck-did nothing with it and turned it over leading to a breakaway past Erixon and Hossa trying to cover the absence giving up a penalty shot... but other than that, and that I don't think they saw the ice again until the final 15 seconds, they seemed like hockey players.

Erixons skating gave me flashbacks of Matt Walker.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nah I caught it.... I lol'd.

He basically inferred that the Bears should try playing the University of Minnesota Football team and they might give the Gophers a run for their money right?

That is what I took from it.... very lulzy. Bears deserve every shred of it though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah I caught it.... I lol'd.

He basically inferred that the Bears should try playing the University of Minnesota Football team and they might give the Gophers a run for their money right?

That is what I took from it.... very lulzy. Bears deserve every shred of it though.
I heard that too. Lolz ensued...and then sadness at the truth of it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What a fun game as always... lot's of ups and downs. I feared they were going to come back, I leaned over to my buddy and literally said "Oh shit here it comes" right before the tying goal went in. But the result was good and the seats were great. Some really really shitty refing and now the wild are screaming bullshit on the PP that gave us the gamewinner. ohh well. Only real problem I had with the night was Rosi and Oduya with his bad turnover again but mostly it was that fucking Chicago Homer guy with the thick accent yelling terrible commentary the whole game. Hit somebody. Shoot, what the fuck are jews lookin aaht.... jesus... no wonder people drink so much at games.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some really really shitty refing and now the wild are screaming bullshit on the PP that gave us the gamewinner.
I have no idea how someone (I think it was Rosival?) gets thrown into the net with no action whatsoever.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea how someone (I think it was Rosival?) gets thrown into the net with no action whatsoever.
It was Versteeg.
As someone who has not been a Bears (or Football Fan) fan since "The Superbowl Shuffle" era, I had to laugh at it.
^^^^That's one helluva change-up curveball by Kaner!
Nah, he smoked him.

I'll take the win. I got nervous when we went into the defensive shell, but glad the team took some kaopectate and got their shit together.

NEXT!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he was pretty solid all things considering. And he's a big boy...

He had a couple moments where his skates couldn't keep up, but as a #6 or #7 Dman he can't be expected to skate like DK.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I thought he was pretty solid all things considering. And he's a big boy...

Only 2 games in but it seems like he keeps it simple. Gets the puck to the net or gets it deep. This is what the Blackhawks need from their #6/7 guy. Brookbank really started to keep it simple and play well for the Blackhawks towards the end of last year. Best compliment for a #6/7 guy is that you don't notice them on the ice...that is what Erixon needs to do.

Rundblad on the other hand...Blackhawks need to cut their losses there. Stan swung and missed with a 2nd rounder on this one. I'm sure there is a team out there that will take him just because of how young he is and the "potential" that there was, but it certainly won't be for a 2nd rounder. I'm guessing we see more of him though until TVR is ready to return or until the Blackhawks just get so fed up that they can't handle it anymore. He had his shot to shine last night with Seabrook and it just looked baaad.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It was steeg and it was ridiculous. They showed the replay on the big screen and the torches started getting lit as the place went crazy. Then a bit later on the other end during the makeup call powerplay he get a big glove to the face punch elbowy thing that was well after the whistle and knocked him on his ass. No call.

He took a lot of punishment last night but got the last laugh in the end as his line was pretty solid again. There was a scary part where he came up after another bad hit and seemed to hold his groin a bit but I think he was just trying to get a call.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Only 2 games in but it seems like he keeps it simple. Gets the puck to the net or gets it deep. This is what the Blackhawks need from their #6/7 guy. Brookbank really started to keep it simple and play well for the Blackhawks towards the end of last year. Best compliment for a #6/7 guy is that you don't notice them on the ice...that is what Erixon needs to do.

Rundblad on the other hand...Blackhawks need to cut their losses there. Stan swung and missed with a 2nd rounder on this one. I'm sure there is a team out there that will take him just because of how young he is and the "potential" that there was, but it certainly won't be for a 2nd rounder. I'm guessing we see more of him though until TVR is ready to return or until the Blackhawks just get so fed up that they can't handle it anymore. He had his shot to shine last night with Seabrook and it just looked baaad.
Yep. I'm thinking this is why Stan got Erixon. They expect him to be the player (they thought) Rundblad would be. For the time being, and with ATV ooot (along with Pukey McDuncs), it's good to have the extra bodies to play now, whilst polishing them up as trade (deadline) bait.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Clearly I suffer from numeric dyslexia and the memory of a goldfish

1289497437_squirrel-jump-fail.gif

I mostly just like this gif