Will Chicago Bears New Training Regimen Reduce Injuries?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good to see that Pace got my memo a couple weeks ago and is making these necessary changes to a dismal training staff. I just hope Pace has learned that when your 80 year old coach is asking for something called a "medicine ball"...get involved sooner rather than later.

I remember and you were called out for trolling and being apart of some super secret Troll Team 6, but this OP is getting thank banged left and right.

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay guys, educate me. What is so bad about medicine balls?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought it was terrible luck (which it certainly was to some extent) to have historically impactful injuries for two years...

Until someone posted info from Fox's previous teams' injury counts. They were among tops in the league for highest # of impactful injuries at his prior two stops also.

Old school doesn't jive with today's bigger faster players + longer seasons and fake surfaces. Yet another area where Fox & crew couldn't adapt.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We are finding more impressive ways to build muscle...our evolution of ligaments can't handle some of the activity we do with said muscles.

giphy.gif

The main idea is that a fatigued athlete is far more likely to be injured than a fresh/strong athlete. If a football player has a poor training regimen and is weak or out of shape then they are more likely to be injured on the field. Not the other way around that they are training so hard that the muscles are too strong for their body.

This idea that a muscle is ripping a ligament or a tendon off a bone is pretty damn rare. Only in the event that someone is taking steroids is it really possible for a pure muscle contraction to tear something. The body has built in defense mechanisms from shit like this from happening, one of which specifically being the golgi tendon organ.

The majority of non-contact injuries in the NFL are from players taking a wrong step, like putting all of their weight dynamically through running on a torsioned knee. Think of an RB making a quick cut.

The main aspect with injuries in the NFL is that players are bigger, faster, and stronger. A 250 lb guy running a 4.4 forty lowering his head and hitting you with the crown of the helmet can quite literally 'hit like a truck.' Or when these LB's reach out to arm tackle an RB and the guy runs right through the arm tackle and tears the defender's pec.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are finding more impressive ways to build muscle...our evolution of ligaments can't handle some of the activity we do with said muscles.

The NFL isn’t bodybuilding. I don’t see any Ronnie Colemans running around. YEAH BUDDY!

[video=youtube_share;ddCEZHpVqqc]https://youtu.be/ddCEZHpVqqc[/video]

Last edited:

Sammich

Liked Posts:
The NFL isn’t bodybuilding. I don’t see any Ronnie Colemans running around. YEAH BUDDY!

[video=youtube_share;ddCEZHpVqqc]https://youtu.be/ddCEZHpVqqc[/video]

Haha.... I know his career is over, but this Landry pic will always be a classic.

Attachments

• b29fc33c2a569b85b5d4e7f73dbe0286.jpg
    b29fc33c2a569b85b5d4e7f73dbe0286.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12