Will Dane Sanzenbacher make the Bears 53-Man Roster?

• Thread starter ChicagoDawg1991
  • Start date

Will Dane Sazenbacher make the team??

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChicagoDawg1991

Will the 5'11 182 pound undrafted slot receiver from Ohio State who caught 27 passes for 276 yards and 3 touchdowns make the final cuts?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubtful. The depth and talent in front of him will pose a problem, plus I don't believe the Bears would cut a good ST guy for another option at WR. They've got Marshall and two solid WR2s in Jeffery(possibly) and Bennett, not to mention Hester as well so there really isn't space for Dane.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Grudgingly I had to vote no, for the same reasons Uman stated plus the Davis re-signing pretty much closed the door 4/Dane on ST.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rashied Davis is going to get his spot. Devin Thomas would have gotten it if he didnt decide to suddenly retire.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He would have to clearly outperform someone ahead of him on the depth chart, to be retained on the 53-deep. All signs point to no.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with what everyone has said. The problem is that Cutler was quoted as saying something like it would be a mistake to leave him off the roster and he's the type of player that the Bears need. They have a ton of chemistry and that's why I think there will be a problem when it comes to cutting him or not.

He's performed well in TC and has said that he wants to get more special teams reps, but the Bears must not think he is ready to be there or good enough to be there. It's quite a predicament. In the end, I say no.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I doubt Davis will make the team. Unless he or Weems show they can provide some quality depth at WR in case injuries occur. I think they'll find someone besides Davis to take the 2nd gunner spot on special teams. The 6th WR is likely inactive even if he has special teams skill when it comes down to all the other defensive guys who will make the 53.

I don't think if there is a 6th wr that it will be Sanz unless he fixes his drops issues. If he doesn't have any issues in the preseason he may get the role but it's been his problem since college.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt Davis will make the team. Unless he or Weems show they can provide some quality depth at WR in case injuries occur. I think they'll find someone besides Davis to take the 2nd gunner spot on special teams. The 6th WR is likely inactive even if he has special teams skill when it comes down to all the other defensive guys who will make the 53.

I don't think if there is a 6th wr that it will be Sanz unless he fixes his drops issues. If he doesn't have any issues in the preseason he may get the role but it's been his problem since college.
You think Weems isn't making the team? Also I think Davis makes it over Sanzenbacher due to his great ST play.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You think Weems isn't making the team? Also I think Davis makes it over Sanzenbacher due to his great ST play.

No, Weems is making the team hands down; although, if he can demonstrate in the preseason a capable skill at WR, Sanz is not worth it for the team. I think they need a 5th Wr capable of playing though... that's why if Davis or Weems can't show that ability, I think Sanz, Golden, or Summers can make the team.

I don't think Davis is a lock to making the team at this point. One of the rookie CBs with their youth and potential will get the spot at gunner and make the squad for that reason.

Davis may show that he still has some of that backup good slot WR ability, and if he does that, I think he'll make it since he is a special teams weapon without question.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nope.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If Sanzenbacher had sure hands...he'd have a good chance of making the team.

Since he doesn't he'll probably be released and go to a team like the Browns or Dolphins.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
God help us

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Combine-numbers-are-in-for-hopefuls.jpg

BearsFoRilla

The Prodigy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Technically, there's still time to cut him. All it takes is some big fish to become available from cuts and BAM! He gone.

That said, I think he'll make it thanks to that one Special person touchdown catch he made.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Sadly, it looks to be the case. I wish Knox were 100%.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yep, stuck with him again this year

Meh, not like he's gonna get much PT unless there's injuries. Really the #5 WR's contributions on ST matters significantly more than his contributions on offense.