Will Mitchell Eat Less Sacks With A New Ball Snapper?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Daniels is going to excel at guard because of his athleticism and speed pulling to make blocks. In college he was noticeably ahead of plays because hes so athletic. Getting too far either up field or to the sideline. In the nfl defenders will be there early and will likely be met at the point of attack perfectly by Daniel's.

I think our run game will be too 3 in the league this year.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
You should really be happy if they ever turn Novak and Rory loose again. Boy, I really miss all that insightful humor Novak spun around here. I mean constantly referring to the Bears as Baerz, how do you beat that? And Rory”s act, well that never gets old.

I know you are being sarcastic, but I love their posting and love how mad they get people here. Cracks me up and I would welcome them both back. Your mileage may vary, true.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know you are being sarcastic, but I love their posting and love how mad they get people here. Cracks me up and I would welcome them both back. Your mileage may vary, true.

You can still enjoy the musings of Novak and some other quality posters in the Premium Content Donators only Forum.
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/138-Village-of-the-Banned

It would be best if the more sensitive CCS users like playthrough2001 avoid that place, they wouldn't like it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shut up! We're talking football here. You're making this place insufferable.

I agree so much. On topic posts really drive the super serious posters insane. What will they post about if they can't complain about you not talking football?

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94392-Whitehair-and-the-Center-position?highlight=

I called this back in January. Kirk Ferentz said Daniels is the smartest C he has ever coached. Kirk has been in the NFL as an OL coach and a college HC since 1999. Daniels is literally slated to be an all pro basically. I think right off the bat, you start Daniels at C and have him learn that position because he will be better there then Whitehair. Move Whitehair back to G and let him just be a road grader. There will be much less sacks eaten by Mitchell in this scenario. I'd wager 30 or less.

Yes you did HawkBear, you definitely called it.....good job. Damm was i off or what ? lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes you did HawkBear, you definitely called it.....good job. Damm was i off or what ? lol

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself Fatman Lou. We all make mistakes. I though Jeremy Langford was going to be a good NFL running back. Ragnow could turn out to be good. Anyways, how about Mitchell eating less sacks this year?

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Much less sacks this year. It won't take 3 full minutes for somebody to get open.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyways, how about Mitchell eating less sacks this year?

I think it is possible.

Trubisky's penchant for eating sacks sprouted from being talentless at receiver. It is pretty common knowledge in the right circles that if you have nothing to offer on the receiving end...you are going to be eating some sacks until your Tight End learns how to get open more efficiently.

Now that Trubisky is armed with proper receiving skills...he should have to eat less sacks and be ready instead to open it up like never before and take it all the way into scoring position.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Daniels arms are over an inch longer. He doesn't bend as well as Cody and Cody had a bad wing affecting his snaps. Cody stays where he's at if the coaches are smart.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With a new and improved O-Line, how will it affect how many sacks Mitch eats?

Last season he had balls flying over his head from shotgun. Balls over his head, shoulders, balls hitting the dirt balls going this away and that away, it was crazy and resulted in an increase in sacks eaten. I couple of sacks he ate resulted in premature hand-offs from balls flying wildly out of shotgun.

We don't want to see him get creamed out there so it only makes sense to move Cody "Wheels" Whitechair and have James "Whiskey" Daniels play centre.

I had a hunch Whitehair was going to end up playing Center for the Bears last season but wasn't really into it. After scouting long snappers for so long, I knew that he was going to have problems long snapping into the shotgun formation due to his long arms (which are better fit to play at guard anyways).

Even though Daniels has presidentially small hands, he has the LS experience from high school. With good snap to step quickness, he can beat inside linebackers to the spot and get them sealed. He's also rarely caught lunging or over-extending against athletic rushers which was a problem for Whitehair.

If the Bears make these two moves, it's essentially a new O-Line. I believe doing this will reduce the amount of sacks that Mitch will need to eat this upcoming season.

Mitch was on pace to eat 41-42 sacks last year. I put the over/under at 35.5 this year. What are you taking?

I miss Grimson, unbanned for a week then rebanned. The Banmaster is a drunken monkey with a machine gun.

I only tell the truth as only I'm willing to see it.
WTF? That's going right in the sig.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I miss Grimson, unbanned for a week then rebanned. The Banmaster is a drunken monkey with a machine gun.

WTF? That's going right in the sig.

gettyimages-658127762.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did a new Bears boars pop up somewhere. Banning Grimson is what mods do to destroy competing boards. Grimson & co. migrate to takes those over and writings are on the wall.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The problem is the posters around here who report posts. That awakens the Banmaster who will then read the Bears forum, and bannings take place. The truth is that the Banmaster loves the homer talk. I'm guessing because at the end of the day he gets to swoop in and make an important point that is smarter than the homer postings. Of course, I rarely ever see the Banmaster actually talk about sports. In the Bulls forum sure, but never in either of the MLB (btw, pointless to have two forums), and certainly never the Bears forum.

I mean, never. I have never seen one post from the Banmaster in the Bears forum. Yet, that is where the "trolls" migrate apparently.