Will Soriano be Traded at the Deadline?

Will Soriano be traded at the deadline?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CSF77

Liked Posts:
schurholtz would be the only OF I can see traded. soriano gonna be hard because of money and 10/5 rights, be a lot easier to work something out in off season or more so next yr deadline. If they do end up moving all OFers I hope its for the purpose of looking at some kids, I cringe at the thought of an OF of Sweeney boguvic and borbon for 2 months

Had to guess it would be Dejesus to SFG with Pagan on the 60 now. They have a need. Cubs are a better team with Sweeney in CF. before his injury the line up was looking decent with him hitting #6. I doubt they trade all.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Had to guess it would be Dejesus to SFG with Pagan on the 60 now. They have a need. Cubs are a better team with Sweeney in CF. before his injury the line up was looking decent with him hitting #6. I doubt they trade all.

I would've said Dejesus for sure but I think if he dealt itll be closer to deadline and depending on how he does after his return from DL. I just think if a team were to choose between him and scierholtz,, theyd take schierholtz now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
With BJaxx out, Bog day to day and Dejesus still on the DL the are not trading anyone yet.

SFG right now:

LF: Andres Torres .262/.307/.364
CF: Greor Blanco .279/.343/.377

Dejesus: .260/.318/.445

They could replace both IMO.

RF Pence: .266/.311/.456 Production about the same as Sori's.

They need a CF and a better LF. I expect them to up grade. They could hold back til Dejesus is off the DL and sign a LF early. Cubs have Borbon to cover CF until Sweeney is back so not a big issue.

Now with Hairston traded out I'm curious to see if they try to make Schierholtz a full time player.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
With BJaxx out, Bog day to day and Dejesus still on the DL the are not trading anyone yet.

SFG right now:

LF: Andres Torres .262/.307/.364
CF: Greor Blanco .279/.343/.377

Dejesus: .260/.318/.445

They could replace both IMO.

RF Pence: .266/.311/.456 Production about the same as Sori's.

They need a CF and a better LF. I expect them to up grade. They could hold back til Dejesus is off the DL and sign a LF early. Cubs have Borbon to cover CF until Sweeney is back so not a big issue.

Now with Hairston traded out I'm curious to see if they try to make Schierholtz a full time player.

He should have been a full time player anyways. Platooning is absurd. It's even more absurd to platoon a position for a team that was destined to fail from the get go.

Might as well extend him now instead of trading or giving him another contract offer at the seasons end. He is 29 and has a career .278 AVG against lefties in which I see no reason whatsoever to platoon him. Give a three year contract for 10-11 million and he will accept it I'm sure versus going the free agent route with no gaurantees.