Will the Bears do the Dan Schneider double dip?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It seems that the Bears are destine to take a QB at #3 this draft. If the Bears end up with one of the "Big 3" and then the 3rd or maybe 4th round rolls around and Brad Kaaya is still on the board, does Pace grab him as well?
If he has a 2nd round grade on him, as he is reportedly high on him, would you feel it a waste? Would you be all for it?

Personally, if he thinks he is that good, I would not have a problem with him double dipping at QB.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I'd take kaaya in the 4th if we draft one in the 1st.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If a QB falls into a high value position, I can see Pace drafting another one.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I would be absolutely in favor of this. Since everyone knows that the QB is the most important position on the team and the Bears currently are at zero in regards to the future of the QB position, it is best to take two bites of the same apple and have two small chances of actually getting the QB position right.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems that the Bears are destine to take a QB at #3 this draft. If the Bears end up with one of the "Big 3" and then the 3rd or maybe 4th round rolls around and Brad Kaaya is still on the board, does Pace grab him as well?
If he has a 2nd round grade on him, as he is reportedly high on him, would you feel it a waste? Would you be all for it?

Personally, if he thinks he is that good, I would not have a problem with him double dipping at QB.

Me either and Kaaya as early as 3 or Evans in 5 are good value. The bigger issue is what you do before them. While I'm all for taking the guy we want early, I'm not sure all the guys projected there are worth the risk. That said, I don't think Kaaya escapes round 2. I'd like something like Trubisky in 1 or if one of the top 4 through Mahomes is there in 2, plus Evans in 5. I think that is more realistic of what may be there.

Da Bears Oregon

Liked Posts:

That would tell me that they did not have high confidence in the 1st round pick.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point the franchise stands nothing to lose by double dipping on quarterbacks to try to get at least one competent one from the draft. We have proven time and time again that doing things as they have been done for decades isn't working. I would welcome this change of pace.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That would tell me that they did not have high confidence in the 1st round pick.

Not to me. It would instead be signaling that they aren't waiting around to see if their 1st round pick pans out and want to put the pressure on immediately to produce. Competition is never a bad thing and is something this franchise has sorely been missing at the quarterback position. I can't even remember the last time there was a legitimate quarterback competition.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
When you don't have any quality caliber QBs on the roster, yes, you should draft two.

Teams that do have starting franchise QBs still draft QBs in the later rounds.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

We took 3 Secondary players in last draft, one of whom didn't take the field in the Defense, even with all the injuries and sub-par play.

Nothing wrong with developing drafted players, especially at the most important position. That most certainly includes multiple draft QBs.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i would love a draft that included trubisky at 3 and kaaya in 3 or 4. though i wouldnt be surprised if pace takes kaaya early. i dont know about 3rd overall, but...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
i would love a draft that included trubisky at 3 and kaaya in 3 or 4. though i wouldnt be surprised if pace takes kaaya early. i dont know about 3rd overall, but...
What do you think of having Garoppolo, and a 1st round QB? And then what about adding Kaaya to those 2?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may not think so, but there are 3 that likely go top 15, like them or not.

Would you be ok with Pace trading back into the 2nd round to grab Kaaya?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you think of having Garoppolo, and a 1st round QB? And then what about adding Kaaya to those 2?
That would be weird. I think you can trade for Garoppolo with your 2nd round pick and then draft Mahomes in the mid rounds. Then you're fucking set for life.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
take one in every rd.,..bring jay back (just in case), and let them battle it out!!

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:

It would certainly address the position, and show that Pace is remotely interested in improving it. (As he has said)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Would you be ok with Pace trading back into the 2nd round to grab Kaaya?
Not a problem at all. If he,say, gets Trubisky, and sees Kaaya sitting in the mid to late second and sees him as another potential starting caliber QB, by all means he should try to get him. I would never bitch about having too many good QB's.