Status
Not open for further replies.

FQD1911

War-Time Consigliere
Liked Posts:
10-6 and might need some help, but hoping they surprise and get in

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
If Favre retires, yes. If he comes back (and is healthy), then no. With Favre I think the Packers and Vikings are both better, and with the strength of the East there is no way 3rd place in the division is getting into the playoffs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Alright, let's look at the schedule, breaking it up in four game blocks....

Week 1 vs. Lions
Week 2 @ Dallas
Week 3 vs. Packers
Week 4 @ NYG
That is very easily 1-3

Week 5 @ Carolina
Week 6 vs. Seattle
Week 7 vs. Washington
Week 8 Bye
Week 9 @ Buffalo
Little bit easier in this part of the schedule, I'll say 3-1, which puts them at 4-4 from what I really think...

Week 10 vs. Minnesota
Week 11 @ Miami
Week 12 vs. Philly
Week 13 @ Detroit
Again, this looks to me to be 1-3. Favre, if he actually retires means nothing because the Vikings D >>>> Bears O. That Detroit game is a trap game, imo, but again, I'll be fair to the Bears and say 2-2, which puts them at 6-6 from what I see.

Week 14 vs. New England
Week 15 @ Minnesota
Week 16 vs. NYJ
Week 17 @ Green Bay
0-4. Well maybe they beat Green Bay, but I'm guessing that is only because they are resting everything. So 1-3, for a total of 7-9.

I'll glady eat crow if I am wrong, hell, I hope I am wrong. All that being said, this is the third best team in the division even if Favre retires.

Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Zona win the division. Minnesota and Carolina are the WC. Bears get their first first round draft pick since 2008.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^^^^ love the break down. and i cannot disagree with any of your opinions.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Prope is right, and what's more, they could very easily be worse than 7-9, especially with one of the goals for the offense (as laid out by Jay Cutler) in their first pre-season game being "standing in the right spots before the snap".

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Looking at that the schedule and picking games like spread they should win is never how it seems. A bunch of teams in there expected losses could have any type of seasons just like the Bears. It wouldn't be a giant shock for them to win 2 or 3 games out of those 1st and 3rd quarters of the schedule and only win 2 of the 2nd quarter.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Looking at that the schedule and picking games like spread they should win is never how it seems. A bunch of teams in there expected losses could have any type of seasons just like the Bears. It wouldn't be a giant shock for them to win 2 or 3 games out of those 1st and 3rd quarters of the schedule and only win 2 of the 2nd quarter.
If I knew how to pick winners in the NFL, I wouldn't be a teacher.

I'm just looking at what seems logical to me, because I don't think the Bears are especially good this year.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
you know what 8-8 or worst and no playoffs means.....JA and Lovie and more FIRED

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I have mixed feeling about the season. I want us to do good, but not so good that Lovie and JA keep their jobs.
My dream season: Bears go 0-6 to start season, Lovie and JA get fired, then go 10-0 to make playoffs. :flipa:

Status
Not open for further replies.