William Belichick Trashes Caleb's Pre-Season Peformance [OFISHALE THE MEDIA STILL HATES THE BEARS THREAD]

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's going to be very difficult to listen to throughout the season if he's just going to give us lazy contrarian takes. 10 for 20 doesn't show the 2 drops, 2 throwaways and the TD to Rome who inexplicably stood out of bounds.

Over the course of a season, these things tend to even out, but pre-season is such a small sample size. Stats are completely meaningless, either way, in these games.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Belicheck already a pro, Bears love him for Payton highlights, then disses Caleb and Bears fans hate. Fuck that guy either way

1COBearsfan

We’re all mad here
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are in for a long season if you expect Bill B to give you some sunshine and rainbow takes.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IM SO ANGRY I CANT BELIEVE THIS MFER!

BEARS

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too small sample size but overall, CW didn't look like he'd take the NFL by storm. Placement was fine but could have been better. Adlibs were awesome like expected but he was ok in system, not special, as you'd expect in his 1st camp. That's good enough right now and I expect a steep ascension there with game scheming and reps.

Titans are a great opportunity to expose the middle of the field when they bring pressure. Will be interesting to see if he takes those quick hitters and dumps in system or extends those plays.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From this Athletic Article:
As Tyson Bagent prepared for his new teammate, the starter he’d be backing up, someone who had seen Williams throw told him something that stuck.

“He was born to throw,” Bagent said.

Then Bagent saw it for himself, the things Williams could do that other quarterbacks couldn’t. As Bagent described it, the extremely confident quarterback himself was emphatic about Williams’ traits.

Just a crazy, blessed athlete,” he said.
Linebacker Jack Sanborn: (It’s) just understanding … how defensive guys are kind of playing in each coverage and what stresses us out, and just being able to almost move us with his eyes. Like he did it early on in OTAs. He made me, for example, go one way and then hit a dig right behind me. Especially for a rookie coming out, it’s tough to do.

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To be fair, the dude could watch aliens get out of the mothership that just landed in front of him and be like...

belichick-shrug.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Too small sample size but overall, CW didn't look like he'd take the NFL by storm. Placement was fine but could have been better. Adlibs were awesome like expected but he was ok in system, not special, as you'd expect in his 1st camp. That's good enough right now and I expect a steep ascension there with game scheming and reps.

Titans are a great opportunity to expose the middle of the field when they bring pressure. Will be interesting to see if he takes those quick hitters and dumps in system or extends those plays.
In the short time he played, he showed excellent pocket presence/awareness, accuracy rolling left and right, the ability to keep his eyes downfield under pressure, one excellent deep ball shot, and an insane scramble for a TD. He would have thrown one too but Odunze was confused about the back line.

The roll out left dart to Odunze is a throw only he a few other NFL QBs can make.

What exactly were you expecting?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bill himself said you can’t tell anything by preseason. Practice is more important.

Thank god we don’t have to debate 20 preseason throws anymore after Sunday. Each game will be a weeklong shit storm with every “QB expert” chiming in but at least it’ll be a new debate each week.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bill himself said you can’t tell anything by preseason. Practice is more important.

Thank god we don’t have to debate 20 preseason throws anymore after Sunday. Each game will be a weeklong shit storm with every “QB expert” chiming in but at least it’ll be a new debate each week.
Until you ban everyone for debating about regular season throws from the Bears qb in the Bears forum.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the short time he played, he showed excellent pocket presence/awareness, accuracy rolling left and right, the ability to keep his eyes downfield under pressure, one excellent deep ball shot, and an insane scramble for a TD. He would have thrown one too but Odunze was confused about the back line.

The roll out left dart to Odunze is a throw only he a few other NFL QBs can make.

What exactly were you expecting?
What we saw. VG for his 1st NFL action. His accuracy could have been better on some timing routes but were generally still on target. Pretty great off platform. Also had a few clear misses but it's all understandable and expected. I'd still give him a circumstantial A grade overall, even though he only completed 1/2 his passes but not your A++ description.

What exactly is your issue with that?

msadows

Liked Posts:
What we saw. VG for his 1st NFL action. His accuracy could have been better on some timing routes but were generally still on target. Pretty great off platform. Also had a few clear misses but it's all understandable and expected. I'd still give him a circumstantial A grade overall, even though he only completed 1/2 his passes but not your A++ description.

What exactly is your issue with that?

That 10/20 is skewed anyways. There are a couple drops in there and a couple excellent plays by the defense where he put the ball exactly where it should have been.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again who cares. The season is upon us. This will get resolved on the field shortly.