Wilson dream over. Time to cut Graham

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’d rather have both, not given Dalton 10 mil, draft a QB. Because they made a mistake with Hicks doesn’t mean they should repeat it with Graham.

too late. Dalton is already signed. Now you need to choose, Hicks or Graham?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why don't you take a look at Allen Robinsons post history and get back to me. Thanks.

L
A Rob was not a disgruntled player trying to force his way out. He was trying to get a new contract. Big difference. Thanks.

L

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Did the Bears draft Rick Mirer?

The #3 pick plus additional picks were used to trade up to 2 to draft Mitch when he was going to be there anyways. On top of that, two first round picks were traded for Mack because Pace was so convinced the Bears had their guy. 4 years later he's a backup QB while the two guys taken behind him are stars. One of them already a league and SB MVP and regarded as someone whos on pace to be the best ever.

Yes, Mitch is the biggest draft bust in Chicago Bears history. Everything was banking on him panning out and it set them back a decade.

They traded their first round pick to get Mirer who could not play at all.

They traded down to select McNown and passed on the chance to select Daunte Culpepper or Champ Bailey. McNown couldn’t hit a NFL out pattern even if he had a relay man.
I was sitting on a flight with him and Rex Tucker and Cade looked just like a high school wrestler.
Plus, the team absolutely hated him. Total bust that could not play...

As someone that follows TCU football, I loved Mahomes. I argued with morons on this board that said he was just another Air Raid bust or a poor man’s Jay Cutler. Watson was my second choice.

Mitch was the wrong pick but he did lead the team to the playoffs twice and has all the physical tools. He just can’t process the field and that doesn’t fly in the NFL unless you can create chaos like Watson or you can hold the ball as long as a guy like Big Ben.

How about Willie Gault being selected over Dan Marino? Gault was a serviceable deep threat, Marino would have made the 80’s Bears a dynasty.

Willie McClendon over Joe Montana? Curtis Enis over Randy Moss? Cedric Benson over Aaron Rodgers?

The Bears have been doing this shit forever.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They traded their first round pick to get Mirer who could not play at all.

They traded down to select McNown and passed on the chance to select Daunte Culpepper or Champ Bailey. McNown couldn’t hit a NFL out pattern even if he had a relay man.
I was sitting on a flight with him and Rex Tucker and Cade looked just like a high school wrestler.
Plus, the team absolutely hated him. Total bust that could not play

As someone that follows TCU football I loved Mahomes. I argued with morons on this board that said he was just another Air Raid bust or a poor man’s Jay Cutler. Watson was my second choice.

Mitch was the wrong pick but he did lead the team to the playoffs twice and has all the physical tools. He just can’t process the field and that doesn’t fly in the NFL unless you can create chaos like Watson or you can hold the ball as long as a guy like Big Ben.

How about Willie Gault being selected over Dan Marino? Gault was a serviceable deep threat, Marino would have made the 80’s Bears a dynasty.

Willie McClendon over Joe Montana? Curtis Enis over Randy Moss? Cedric Benson over Aaron Rodgers?

The Bears have been doing this shit forever.
The answer to my question is no. The Bears did not draft Rick Mirer, which disqualifies him from being a draft bust.

Mitch did not lead them to the playoffs twice. He happened to be the QB of a playoff team. Its important to know the difference between a driver and a passenger.

When i mentioned Mahomes and Watson, its because they play the same position and were the big 3 in the draft. To start talking about Ced Benson and Willie Gault is pointless. Thats a whole different game that every team can take about every draft, every round.

Again, Mitch was the highest drafted Bear in a long time. #2 and then some. Then some more when Pace double downed. The whole blueprint to the Bears banked on Mitch being a franchise QB. Oops. I stand by my statement, biggest bust ever. Not the worst player, but biggest bust.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A Rob was not a disgruntled player trying to force his way out. He was trying to get a new contract. Big difference. Thanks.

L
He's disgruntled and doesn't want to be there because the Bears wouldn't pay him the big contract he wants. Disgrunted player. Happy for teammates. That's the point. Thanks.

L

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's disgruntled and doesn't want to be there because the Bears wouldn't pay him the big contract he wants. Disgrunted player. Happy for teammates. That's the point. Thanks.

L
A Rob wants to stay In Chicago. If he didn’t he wouldn’t have signed his tag so soon. There’s a big difference between the two situations and I don’t know what else I can do to help you understand. I give in. U win.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
A Rob wants to stay In Chicago. If he didn’t he wouldn’t have signed his tag so soon. There’s a big difference between the two situations and I don’t know what else I can do to help you understand. I give in. U win.
ARob signed the tag because he realized it’s a depressed WR market this year after seeing what others got on the open market. If he hadn’t of been tagged, I would bet he would not be in Chi right now.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARob signed the tag because he realized it’s a depressed WR market this year after seeing what others got on the open market. If he hadn’t of been tagged, I would bet he would not be in Chi right now.
True. Pace probably shit himself when he found out a rob signed.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The answer to my question is no. The Bears did not draft Rick Mirer, which disqualifies him from being a draft bust.

Mitch did not lead them to the playoffs twice. He happened to be the QB of a playoff team. Its important to know the difference between a driver and a passenger.

When i mentioned Mahomes and Watson, its because they play the same position and were the big 3 in the draft. To start talking about Ced Benson and Willie Gault is pointless. Thats a whole different game that every team can take about every draft, every round.

Again, Mitch was the highest drafted Bear in a long time. #2 and then some. Then some more when Pace double downed. The whole blueprint to the Bears banked on Mitch being a franchise QB. Oops. I stand by my statement, biggest bust ever. Not the worst player, but biggest bust.

Your original post didn’t specify draft bust just biggest bust in Bears history. I can play the semantics game too.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shameless plug:

Fenimore was more useless than Mitch and 1st overall.

Hard to make an opportunity cost argument with drafts from that era, though. There were 3 HOF players taken but none in the top 100.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace Gotta have at least 8 tight ends on the roster that can’t/don’t block, Graham is safe.