Win win situation for Poles

Dhipur

Liked Posts:
The Caleb Williams hype is so overboard across the NFL that Poles can't go wrong by selecting him at #1.

If CW does what most people expect him to do then Poles has (with house money from the Panthers trade) transformed the franchise.

He has added pieces like Darnell Wright, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Ryan Bates, DeAndre Smith and Gerald Everett.. so can't be faulted for not providing a support cast too.

If CW fails.. then pretty much everyone was wrong.. of course Poles would probably still get fired. But still...

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Bates as a supporting cast lmao

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Caleb Williams hype is so overboard across the NFL that Poles can't go wrong by selecting him at #1.

If CW does what most people expect him to do then Poles has (with house money from the Panthers trade) transformed the franchise.

He has added pieces like Darnell Wright, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Ryan Bates, DeAndre Smith and Gerald Everett.. so can't be faulted for not providing a support cast too.

If CW fails.. then pretty much everyone was wrong.. of course Poles would probably still get fired. But still...

injuries (testing team depth) and turnovers.

it's important for the bears to get off to good start. Builds team morale from the get go with a lot of new players.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Caleb wins the locker room on his first game winning drive in crunch time. Last time Bears offense accomplished such feat in the dying seconds of the 4th quarter? Few and far between?

2024, Last to First "why not us boyz"

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I wonder if people know that just because they have a random thought doesn't mean that a thread is needed for it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Is DeAndre Smith a DE?

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caleb wins the locker room on his first game winning drive in crunch time. Last time Bears offense accomplished such feat in the dying seconds of the 4th quarter? Few and far between?

2024, Last to First "why not us boyz"
Indeed, boi, and don’t forget Hard Knox . . .

IMG_0818.jpeg

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Until proven otherwise, this OL remain in shambles.

But I like how he has shaped the future of this team. The offense looks to be driven by the weapons at the QBs disposal for the first time since Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if people know that just because they have a random thought doesn't mean that a thread is needed for it.
Random? He worked on that spin for a day. He had me at his astute observation of 'overboard hype'.

Short version: Poles is more comfortable with a new QB.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

giphy.webp

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Bates as a supporting cast lmao
I just saw Courtney Cronin say that Poles told her that Bates was brought in to be the starter. So yeah, kinda.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet you did the same with your comment
He started a thread? How old are with this playing both sides of a coin and 'no I'm not, you are' crap?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
That's hyperbole.
Last year, the interior OL was a mess, and played a large roll in the offense not working on schedule. Jenkins, who I think is a phenomenal talent, has only been healthy for 2/3s of the season at best so far. We rotated one bad center after another, and I don't have to really dive too deeply into how miserable Nate Davis performed.

This team so far has added a guard with 20 starts under his belt, which I do not think gives me the impression that the needle has moved at OG. This team also added a center that we have hope will lock it down, and I think that his last two years of starts support that. However, OL also takes time to gel together, because they have to work as a unit. So, even if they have something to give us hope, I wont believe it until I see it working.

I'd bet that we are scheduled to play GB in week one again, and their DL last year ate our OL's lunch.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Last year, the interior OL was a mess, and played a large roll in the offense not working on schedule. Jenkins, who I think is a phenomenal talent, has only been healthy for 2/3s of the season at best so far. We rotated one bad center after another, and I don't have to really dive too deeply into how miserable Nate Davis performed.

This team so far has added a guard with 20 starts under his belt, which I do not think gives me the impression that the needle has moved at OG. This team also added a center that we have hope will lock it down, and I think that his last two years of starts support that. However, OL also takes time to gel together, because they have to work as a unit. So, even if they have something to give us hope, I wont believe it until I see it working.

I'd bet that we are scheduled to play GB in week one again, and their DL last year ate our OL's lunch.
Wright is settled and showed potential.

Jones is at least decent and improved on his pass protecting from year 1 to year 2.

Jenkins is great when he's healthy. His back wasn't the issue last year, rather a freak concussion that kept him out for a bit. He'll be playing for a contract so it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to see him play 17 games.

Nate Davis did suck but he's going to get another shot. If he can be anything like he was in Nashville then he'll be solid, if not good. If not, then Bates takes over who's just decent.

Shelton was the starter for a playoff team last year and stole the job from a pretty good player in Brian Allen. He's decent.

I'm not saying the line is great but it's not "in shambles" as you say it is.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

How do you fire Poles if everyone says CW is a generational talent, if everyone says it who would point the finger?