With all this talk about moving on from Trub, what are the options?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
71f37ed01b74425597594363821fb7b8.jpg

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Passed on Dak. Drafted Trubisky. Signed the Giraffe. Rumored to have loved Mariota. Didn't draft competition for Chase. I've seen enough.

I respect you as a poster but can we please stop with the passing on Dak thing cause it's serious reaching. We can say passed on Watson and Mahomes because they were the other 2 in that draft with Trubisky but Dak went in the 4th round because not one single team believed in him as a starter in this league. The Glennon signing was bad because of the money he paid him but Glennon played well when he started for the Bucs and even though he didn't with us it was still just a one year deal to get by with for that one year. Chase was considered one of the better backups in the league and i put that more on Nagy pushing for him than on Pace but he's just a backup so again you're just reaching for shit to throw on Pace. If Chase was still in KC he'd be starting for them the next few games with Mahomes out and Reid would have him looking like a starter.

The Trubisky drafting is looking bad and while any draft pick bad or good will always fall on the GM you still have to keep in mind that many people (not everyone but many) liked Trubisky and thought he'd be a good NFL QB but he needed time cause he was green not having much starting experience. While i am a Pace fan i have no problem putting the Trubisky pick over Watson and Mahomes on him, i'm not happy about it and it absolutely sucks that it's not working out cause it's a big setback for a Bears team that's ready to win now but i still trust that Pace can get it right if the opportunity is there for him and they decide that's the direction they need to go.

I know i say this all the time and people don't like hearing it but it's 100% the truth that nobody can see the future and know what any player will be going from college to the NFL. It still falls on the GM though and i understand that. You put Trubisky with A.Reid and that Chiefs offense and i believe he's looking like a starting QB in the NFL. Now that's obviously me just making an assumption but i do believe that.

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
There is no trading for him. No draft picks unless you dip into the 2021 draft picks and the money is too much to take on for a QB coming off an injury.
his injury was a broken clavical...not something that will impact him next yr

msadows

Liked Posts:
Realistic options? Chad Kelly? IDK who else. The way Jimmy G is playing nick mullens might eventually start for san fran. That would be my choice.

The other options kinda sucked and have been covered. No to cam, no to rosen, no to mariotta, no to the old men washups in rivers and eli and big ben, etc.

Shit there is a chance teddy becomes the future on the saints. Who knows, either way I doubt we have the cash to sign him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
his injury was a broken clavical...not something that will impact him next yr

no offense, but what about foles makes you want him? He's like an 11 year vet with one good year and one good post season run. We saw what he did in the playoffs last year and it was not good.

I'd rather not pay 20+m to a garbage journeyman QB, that just hurts the rest of the team. He will essentially be flacco. Eww.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They need to start drafting guys until they get it right. Part of the problem is they always throw all their eggs in one basket then bring no one in to even compete. Look how quick the Cardinals moved on from Rosen.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There are really two musts. Bears have to sign a veteran and draft a QB in the 2nd rd next year. Do not pick up the 5th year option on Trubisky.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't NO let Brees hit the market at this point?

Exactly. He's great, but he's 40 and is coming off an injury. Teddy is about to be 27. I'm sure plenty of teams will have offers to him in the offseason, but I have a feeling the saints will try to keep him. He went to new orleans for a reason, he felt like he could be a successor in a great offense and it was his best chance to shine. Dude has done great thus far. And just had two good games against two of the best D's in the league.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
They need to start drafting guys until they get it right. Part of the problem is they always throw all their eggs in one basket then bring no one in to even compete. Look how quick the Cardinals moved on from Rosen.
Yep but they also had the option to. Bears do not have a first rd pick.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I would be fine with that if it did not cost us a 2nd round pick.

I doubt the Saints are interested in case Brees goes down again.

If NO wants a 2nd for Teddy, I am seriously considering it. If Mitch has shown he can't be a pocket passer, why the hell would we not jump on it?

Arm strength is a concern there but no QB has zero concerns and Mitch's concerns sums up to possibly being a complete NFL bust.

msadows

Liked Posts:

They moved on from rosen because he showed he was hot garbage from the moment he came in.

Plus they made a change at HC, who coached the damn guy they drafted. Completely different situation. Not many teams cut bait/draft young competition when you draft a high first round QB. Its very very rare.

Last one I can remember really is when the redskins picked rg3 and cousins. I can't really blame pace for that. If you draft a QB at #2 overall you expect to give that fuckboy every chance to develop for 2-3 years at least.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Yea he sucks. He can chuck it, but he chucks it to the other team. We cant have a 6 turnover game from our starting QB.

Agreed. If Arians can't make Winston good, no one can IMO

msadows

Liked Posts:
If NO wants a 2nd for Teddy, I am seriously considering it. If Mitch has shown he can't be a pocket passer, why the hell would we not jump on it?

Arm strength is a concern there but no QB has zero concerns and Mitch's concerns sums up to possibly being a complete NFL bust.

Quick question, why do you think NO would trade him tho? Maybe like how bellicheck did the 9ers a favor(doesnt look like one now) by giving them Jimmy G due to ties and respect to the organization? Sean Payton/Pace do have a connection, but I don't think the saints really see Bree's playing as long as Belli expects brady to. Who knows.

But yes, I'd throw a 2nd in a heartbeat to make that trade.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
They moved on from rosen because he showed he was hot garbage from the moment he came in.

Plus they made a change at HC, who coached the damn guy they drafted. Completely different situation. Not many teams cut bait/draft young competition when you draft a high first round QB. Its very very rare.

Last one I can remember really is when the redskins picked rg3 and cousins. I can't really blame pace for that. If you draft a QB at #2 overall you expect to give that fuckboy every chance to develop for 2-3 years at least.

Yeah, that's the point. He didn't look good and they didn't waste anymore time on him. Trubisky is not looking good, and the Bears should cut bait if he doesn't improve. There's still 10 games left, but I just don't see it in Trubs. I just hope they don't blame everything but the QB, because Rosen was in a far worse situation and the Cardinals clearly did the right thing. Murray is looking pretty good. Of course, they also had the number one pick.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Maybe a good QB will be there in the 2nd but both the Bears' 2nd round picks will likely be mid round.

I don't think any good veteran options exist either.

Pace bet it all on Trubisky with the Mack trade.
oh fk please. they couldn't draft a successful QB if they were forced to.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's the point. He didn't look good and they didn't waste anymore time on him. Trubisky is not looking good, and the Bears should cut bait if he doesn't improve. There's still 10 games left, but I just don't see it in Trubs. I just hope they don't blame everything but the QB, because Rosen was in a far worse situation and the Cardinals clearly did the right thing. Murray is looking pretty good. Of course, they also had the number one pick.
Trubisky doesn't seem to see the field as I've been saying since year one. He takes the play into the defense called. fk son, if the play ain't there, it ain't there. Yesterday was loaded with him running the play called and the d called was set up to slam it in their face and he didn't do anything but run the play as designed and watched it get blown up. oh and Cohen isn't a fking running back. Have I said that enough yet in here. Now even the critics are calling Nagy out for the first run of the game with Cohen up the middle. WTF. So fking stupid.