With just a little bit of decent protection, Fields showed us that he can be a MONSTER!!!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Yes but Payton is claim guys were always in Fields face 12 times so that would mean on every single pressure which is ridiculous.
You are clearly… purposely… misquoting me. I said Fields typically had a player right in face almost immediately after snapping the ball, in previous games…. anywhere from 5 times during the course of an entire game…. ranging up to possibly as many as 12 times — which would be the max —- which I think happened in the Cleveland game.

It was a “rough estimate” — A RANGE — anywhere from 5 times to, at most, something like 12 times.

And yet you (Remy) took the highest possible range and have said that I said “Fields was getting pressured 12 times a game” —- knowing full well that you have PURPOSELY misstated my position on the matter.

Again, the high of 12 would likely be the Cleveland game — clearly an outlier and not the norm. That said, that would put it at the ‘high range’ … with the low range coming in around 5 in a game.

In the game today, I counted 2 immediate, in Field’s face pressures after snap. Essentially 2 jailbreak pressures with little to no resistance. That is an improvement.

The line is still not very good… but it was better today.

Last edited:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
it's be easy to remember when Justin became a monster.

halloween. 2021.
i dont think he became anything today. It was a horrible 9ers team. What today showed was that the talent to succeed and do special things on a high level are there but he needs help.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are clearly… purposely… misquoting me. I said Fields typically had a player right in face almost immediately after snapping the ball, in previous games…. anywhere from 5 times during the course of an entire game…. ranging up to possibly as many as 12 times — which would be the max —- which I think happened in the Cleveland game.

It was a “rough estimate” — A RANGE — anywhere from 5 times to, at most, something like 12 times.

And yet you (Remy) took the highest possible range and have said that I said “Fields was getting pressured 12 times a game” —- knowing full well that you have PURPOSELY misstated my position on the matter.

Again, the high of 12 would likely be the Cleveland game — clearly an outlier and not the norm. That said, that would put it at the ‘high range’ … with the low range coming in around 5 in a game.

In the game today, I counted 2.

The line is still not very good… but give credit where it is due. The line was better today.

He was pressured 16 times against the Browns so you are effectively saying that on 75% of his pressures he was immediately pressured in his face. It just doesn't add up. I am not disputing that he got pressure in his face at times. I am disputing the frequency you site as well as you ignoring that there were times when the pressure came because the ball did not get out in time. He took 2 sacks against the Packers Clark where guys were open and he failed to throw the ball and took a sack.

Again I am not saying the OL did not improve marginally. I am saying the biggest improvement was in Fields decisiveness passing and running. The dude ran for 100 yards. Many of those rushes would have been sacks in weeks past because instead of running he would hang out behind the LoS hoping someone would get open. The dude was our best QB and best running back today. That is a huge leap for him especially when this OL still gave up 10+ tackles for loss.