With Teven Jenkins not likely to start with Patrick's return Bears should trade him

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears management aren’t retards, if it’s as obvious to us fans that Jenkins played like an absolute stud with two days experience at guard then they should realize it too, right?

No way in hell Patrick starts at guard, if you’re not healthy enough to snap a ball, you’re not healthy enough to play any offensive line position. Not to mention take the spot of the best lineman on our team????

What do you guys think the ceiling for Braxton is?? Where does he finish the season in rankings amongst LT’s?

I hope he’s not just our best LT, I hope he’s the future stud LT! I would think he’s got a good chance bc it’s near impossible for a 5th round rookie from a community college to start week 1 in the NFL!
I like Jones a lot. I was surprised, but think he could be our starting LT and do quite well. I also think Jenkins can be a beast at RB. Borom at RT I'm still not sure about. LG/C we have guys but nothing special. Those may also need to be addressed in the draft. You CAN find very good G/C later in the draft, third round and beyond. Still some work to do, but at least it's not total garbage, and with better coaching and scheming, we should definitely improve.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I like Jones a lot. I was surprised, but think he could be our starting LT and do quite well. I also think Jenkins can be a beast at RB. Borom at RT I'm still not sure about. LG/C we have guys but nothing special. Those may also need to be addressed in the draft. You CAN find very good G/C later in the draft, third round and beyond. Still some work to do, but at least it's not total garbage, and with better coaching and scheming, we should definitely improve.

I agree, without having been really able to add too much given what Poles had to work with…. Thanks Pace!

I have been pleased so far with how the line has played in comparison to last year for sure. There’s obvious coaching competence vs last year.. that alone is huge!

Not going to miss all the penalties and what looked like two guys not knowing what the hell to do on each blocking play.

I’ve been trying to temper my expectations but I have a strong feeling that this team will be much better than the pundits are predicting!

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Sorry but I'm going to have have to disagree with agreeing with you about Jenkins being a beast at RB because he literally has no business running the ball, has none of the skills that any running back possesses in terms of vision, ability to hit the hole, plant a foot and change direction, make tacklers miss, no second or third or fourth gear and is probably even slower then David Montgomery. He also would refuse to play RB if the Bears made yet another position change for him. In all honestly this is maybe perhaps the stupidest ****ing idea I have ever read proposed by anyone even the biggest sloppiest most mentally challenged IGNORAMUSES that the board has ever seek I mean even with @The Hawk coming back from whatever coma he was in this is even stupider then something that ****ing mouth breathing knuckle dragging boomer clown of a short clown bus riding idiot Special person would say. You are way better then this and should probably apologize to @The Hawk for trying to take his crown off of his bald wrinkled fat Special person head!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Sorry but I'm going to have have to disagree with agreeing with you about Jenkins being a beast at RB because he literally has no business running the ball, has none of the skills that any running back possesses in terms of vision, ability to hit the hole, plant a foot and change direction, make tacklers miss, no second or third or fourth gear and is probably even slower then David Montgomery. He also would refuse to play RB if the Bears made yet another position change for him. In all honestly this is maybe perhaps the stupidest ****ing idea I have ever read proposed by anyone even the biggest sloppiest most mentally challenged IGNORAMUSES that the board has ever seek I mean even with @The Hawk coming back from whatever coma he was in this is even stupider then something that ****ing mouth breathing knuckle dragging boomer clown of a short clown bus riding idiot ****** would say. You are way better then this and should probably apologize to @The Hawk for trying to take his crown off of his bald wrinkled fat Special person head!
Good points Vick, Teven Jenkins being a running back would be a terrible idea. I like Jenkins hustle attacking defenders, not attacking holes.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry but I'm going to have have to disagree with agreeing with you about Jenkins being a beast at RB because he literally has no business running the ball, has none of the skills that any running back possesses in terms of vision, ability to hit the hole, plant a foot and change direction, make tacklers miss, no second or third or fourth gear and is probably even slower then David Montgomery. He also would refuse to play RB if the Bears made yet another position change for him. In all honestly this is maybe perhaps the stupidest ****ing idea I have ever read proposed by anyone even the biggest sloppiest most mentally challenged IGNORAMUSES that the board has ever seek I mean even with @The Hawk coming back from whatever coma he was in this is even stupider then something that ****ing mouth breathing knuckle dragging boomer clown of a short clown bus riding idiot ****** would say. You are way better then this and should probably apologize to @The Hawk for trying to take his crown off of his bald wrinkled fat Special person head!
LOL sorry, RG, my bad.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And here we are mid week and Patrick is practicing ahead of Jenkins at right guard.

The next move I see them doing is moving Mustipher back to right guard. I hope it doesn't happen but it was the plan way before Patrick got hurt.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
The Bears lack of support for Jenkins is disappointing. The guy is really talented, playing with something to prove, is making the best of a disappointing situation and now moving down the depth chart? The move for Braxton over Reiff was (supposedly) a youth potential > veteran known quantity move

Now it feels like that’s a money saving move, and Jenkins is disliked for being a Pace guy. I hate putting that speculation out there, but I honestly don’t know what else it could be considered when most video breakdowns are showing Jenkins ahead of Borom and even Braxton, and certainly Mustipher. This doesn’t seem to subscribe to putting the best 5 out there and you’re going to alienate a talent on a team that needs talent

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears lack of support for Jenkins is disappointing. The guy is really talented, playing with something to prove, is making the best of a disappointing situation and now moving down the depth chart? The move for Braxton over Reiff was (supposedly) a youth potential > veteran known quantity move

Now it feels like that’s a money saving move, and Jenkins is disliked for being a Pace guy. I hate putting that speculation out there, but I honestly don’t know what else it could be considered when most video breakdowns are showing Jenkins ahead of Borom and even Braxton, and certainly Mustipher. This doesn’t seem to subscribe to putting the best 5 out there and you’re going to alienate a talent on a team that needs talent
Borom and Mustipher are also Pace guys so...

I was thinking about the report that Patrick was taking reps at RG. With Mustipher being the backup at RG, if Jenkins goes down, they may be considering a position swap with Patrick moving over to RG and Mustipher coming in at C now that he's had enough reps in the system. It's likely the best lineup for that 5 if Jenkins misses more than a week or 2.

Last edited: