World Series IGT: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians Game 7

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario. .
Hendricks goes 8 innings
Chapman closes it out

Cubs offense scores early and often
Take life out if Indians and their fans right away..

I wanna see the Cubs play that perfect game tonight on all side.. pitching defense offense

I just wanna be relax happy and cry of joy through the whole game..

I want this to be as easy as it was for the 85 bears over the Patriots. .. no drama

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not arguing, just calling them stupid.
Wrong. I called your post stupid. You felt the need to be argumentative about Contreras even though I've already stated in this very thread that I would prefer Ross tonight.

czman

Liked Posts:
Wrong. I called your post stupid. You felt the need to be argumentative about Contreras even though I've already stated in this very thread that I would prefer Ross tonight.

So if you state an opinion of about him making a great stop it is not argumentative, but if I state facts it is. Good to know.

Maybe any response that isn't a thanks/agree is argumentative to you. I guess I just don't pay that close attention to this board.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario. .
Hendricks goes 8 innings
Chapman closes it out

I wanna see the Cubs play that perfect game tonight on all side.. pitching defense offense

I want this to be as easy as it was for the 85 bears over the Patriots. .. no drama

I'm afraid you won't get your wish. I think we're in for a low scoring nailbiter.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So if you state an opinion of about him making a great stop it is not argumentative, but if I state facts it is. Good to know.

Maybe any response that isn't a thanks/agree is argumentative to you. I guess I just don't pay that close attention to this board.
You should go back and re-read the thread. That's on you, not me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario. .
Hendricks goes 8 innings
Chapman closes it out

Yes. Get a big lead early please.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt the Cubs come out and get a huge lead early again. What are the chances of that happening 2 games in a row and vs a good pitcher?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt the Cubs come out and get a huge lead early again. What are the chances of that happening 2 games in a row and vs a good pitcher?

How many of us thought Clayton Kershaw would give up 5 runs in an elimination game? Or that the Cubs would score four runs in the 9th inning against the Giants?

The Cubs are seeing Kluber for the third time in 9 days and the second time on short rest. Miller hasn't pitched since Saturday and has shown he can be rusty after a layoff. Cleveland, after having an easy time rolling through the playoffs, has not faced the kind of adversity and pressure they will tonight. The Cubs' offense has once again woken up in the nick of time.

Anything can happen.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Win or lose....this team has shown nothing but heart all year.

They gotta do it one more time.

It's time to get this done.

Let's Go Cubs!!!

Win or lose, even if they make it back and win one or more after this, this team will always be my favorite Cubs team. The amount of heart and fight in this team has made me proud to be a Cubs fan. I hope they go out and clobber Kluber.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
How many of us thought Clayton Kershaw would give up 5 runs in an elimination game? Or that the Cubs would score four runs in the 9th inning against the Giants?

The Cubs are seeing Kluber for the third time in 9 days and the second time on short rest. Miller hasn't pitched since Saturday and has shown he can be rusty after a layoff. Cleveland, after having an easy time rolling through the playoffs, has not faced the kind of adversity and pressure they will tonight. The Cubs' offense has once again woken up in the nick of time.

Anything can happen.

I told my dad this last night. Let's put the pressure on and see how they respond. The Cubs have answered the call every single time. Hopefully one more isn't asking too much.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He also stops pitches that shouldn't get stopped like Chapman's 54 footer the other night.

I think he's still too green behind the plate. That and, at some point, Lester probably comes into this game. I'd rather Contreras wasn't wasted in the first 3-5 innings.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am almost positive Contreras is the only one to catch Chapman. If Ross or Montero have caught him, its been only a handful of times. Contreras is Chapman's personal catcher because of language and Contreras is quicker to catch his fastballs. Chapman doesnt know where they are going sometimes. Also, Hendricks has a 1. something ERA when Contreras catches him.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Just heard that 60% of tickets purchased on Stubhub for Game 7 have been bought in Illinois. On ESPN1000, callers are reporting thousands and thousands of Cubs fans on the highways, at rest stops, etc. Sounds like we're going to have an enormous contingent of fans in the stadium.

I love the lineup. Sure, I'd maybe have gone with Ross but hey - Kyle usually deals with Willie catching him. And Willie should showed some life yesterday offensively. He had a pretty solid at bat and drew a walk. All the chips are on and all hands are on deck.

Now it's time to complete our quest for sports Holy Grail. We're one win away. We can do this.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think he's still too green behind the plate. That and, at some point, Lester probably comes into this game. I'd rather Contreras wasn't wasted in the first 3-5 innings.
I agree, but he's been very good with Hendricks. Some of the stuff like last night's passed ball between his legs is focus and the blocking...he's still got work to do. He's still a very young player. I wanted Ross because I think he gets situational hitting whereas Contreras is really struggling right now.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am almost positive Contreras is the only one to catch Chapman. If Ross or Montero have caught him, its been only a handful of times. Contreras is Chapman's personal catcher because of language and Contreras is quicker to catch his fastballs. Chapman doesnt know where they are going sometimes. Also, Hendricks has a 1. something ERA when Contreras catches him.

I would prefer Joe waste, or use Chapman in the 7th and 8th with Contrares, then go to Lester with Ross for the 9th and extra innings.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I can't eat I couldn't sleep I can't think about anything else, just win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I can't eat I couldn't sleep I can't think about anything else, just win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too. I'm freaking out. You should see Wrigley right now. It's BUZZING. I've been passing through all day for work. I just can't believe we're one win away from winning the WS.

Tonight will be a night for the ages. I just can't imagine what it would be like to win the WS.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I agree, but he's been very good with Hendricks. Some of the stuff like last night's passed ball between his legs is focus and the blocking...he's still got work to do. He's still a very young player. I wanted Ross because I think he gets situational hitting whereas Contreras is really struggling right now.

You really cant blame Contrares for pitches that are moving so much the damn umpire cannot even see where they cross the plate. How many did west fuck up on watching pitch trax? 95 60 feet away and moving 16-20 inches. Its alot to ask.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just heard that 60% of tickets purchased on Stubhub for Game 7 have been bought in Illinois. On ESPN1000, callers are reporting thousands and thousands of Cubs fans on the highways, at rest stops, etc. Sounds like we're going to have an enormous contingent of fans in the stadium.

I love the lineup. Sure, I'd maybe have gone with Ross but hey - Kyle usually deals with Willie catching him. And Willie should showed some life yesterday offensively. He had a pretty solid at bat and drew a walk. All the chips are on and all hands are on deck.

Now it's time to complete our quest for sports Holy Grail. We're one win away. We can do this.

Yea they said some of the fast food places were running out of various menu items.LOL