Worried about Playing Single high safety vs the lions

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I personally do not think Conte is a Single high safety player... it really takes a special player to take the entire deep zone for himself and play it correctly... literally 1 step too slow and you give up a big play...

I liked having 2 safeties back just for preventing big plays... still think it is the best way to go unless you have a safety with elite speed and awareness to the point that he can play the deep zone all by himself...

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Megaton was saying the bears play a lot of single high safety. I know we get more turnovers the last 2 years but I kind if miss have 2 safeties deep. Think playing this defense vs megaton is gonna hurt us?
Johnson will get his numbers, but Tillman always plays him tough, so I really aint worried about that. We need to get pressure on Stafford and force him to hurry his throws so create some turnovers. i think we will be fine, the offense should have no problem moving the ball, the defense just has to hold their end of the deal up. I think we win this one, but it'll probably be a close one.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
If Jennings is covering Johnson at any point, we'll be fucked. I'd rather see Frey on him and see what the kid can do.
Ya, the way Jennings has been playing CB so far this year, I'd be very concerned about Jennings covering Johnson. I'd rather try a hurting Tillman -- he's got mega reserve tanks, plus, he just knows how to beat Johnson. Trying Frey is an interesting idea. It's certainly a possibility, with Bowman hurting that is.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I think the key to beating Johnson is pushing him around. He's not the most physical WR despite his size. That's why Tillman has been able to slow him down IMO. I hope Peanut is good to go Sunday.

Frey is scrappy for a smaller dude(not to small actually) and led the FBS is pass breakups and picks his senior year. I have hopes that Frey can develop into a starting corner in the future, but even at nickle he was a hell of a pick in the 6th. I'm not sure he's ready for Megaton though.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just call Tonya Harding to meet him in locker room for an adjustment.

I believe that was Jeff Gillooly. Damn...now I'm going to search for the Tonya Harding sex tape...I'll report back later.

Edit: Well...that was easy...and disturbing. What a creepy little troll that woman was/is.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Just bracket Megatron for gosh sakes.

And continue to if the dline gets no pressure?

They're playing a lot if single high because they have to when blitzing quite a lot.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I believe that was Jeff Gillooly. Damn...now I'm going to search for the Tonya Harding sex tape...I'll report back later.

Edit: Well...that was easy...and disturbing. What a creepy little troll that woman was/is.
That's true, you're right, Harding didn't hit other skater's ankle, the boyfriend did. Sorry, Tonya! She was a fine skater.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think the key to beating Johnson is pushing him around. He's not the most physical WR despite his size. That's why Tillman has been able to slow him down IMO. I hope Peanut is good to go Sunday.

Frey is scrappy for a smaller dude(not to small actually) and led the FBS is pass breakups and picks his senior year. I have hopes that Frey can develop into a starting corner in the future, but even at nickle he was a hell of a pick in the 6th. I'm not sure he's ready for Megaton though.

Frey has looked great and you're right, he's alot bigger than last year. Only getting better too.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be much more concerned about the single high safety with a healthy Lions team. Losing their #2 wide out sure makes the coverage on the field easier, (I hope). Not that covering CJ is easy, but dealing with a second quality Wr just compounds the issue.