Worst Bears FA Signing Ever?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Glennon was worth a look given his arm strength and accuracy. Problem is he needs too much space to throw and isn't a natural touch thrower off balance which he is always going to be given the needs of his base.

Trubisky is now in the same boat, with Winston and Donald...

I think the politically charged who don't follow football don't get that Kaepernick got his second and third chances already with the 49ers. Rather than a change of scenery he got a regime change, and then another after recovering from injury.

All things being equal he may have gotten a 4th chance elsewhere to compete for a back-up role, but his delusions and political baggage became too much for new suitors that wished to remain out of it.

The one team he was a fit for, the Ravens, had to ask themselves if they wanted Kap as a mentor to Lamar Jackson...or Seattle considering if he would be a harmless add behind Wilson. If Pete Carrol would have just taken one for the league he would have been out of the league in 18 months after a failed spot start or two.

I used to get into this argument with my brother who is left of antifa, and has no football knowledge...and it was always frustrating because that sect acts like Kap is some football god "who made it to a superbowl" and they have no context beyond that. They don't know about multiple surgeries, multiple fired head coaches, several chances...him getting skinny and then bulking up again but losing speed, and more importanly losing change of direction ability.

like the guy had a full football career with ups and downs and at least two offeneses after Harbaugh, who hand picked him for his system, because that is the type of player like Lamar who succeeds best in the Harbaugh system going back to their father.

Kap actually got high marks in scouting from the Harbaugh Godfather out of Nevada back in the day. He is such a shitty QB and always was even at his peak...lets not forget he was a recipient of the most dominant Fangio defenses of all time.

It was Aldon Smith and Justin Smith and P. Willis and fucking Bowman that made Kapernick great. It was a very Chicago Bears QB situation at the height of its glory.

Not to win with those defenses was actually considered a big failure.

You failed to mention that Kap opted out of his contrat to become a "martyr" for blacks. Wasn't it $5 mil or something.

I said it when he started his political crap, that he was going to opt and become a "martyr". Most with no football knowledge don't even factor that in.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You know it’s impressive considering the bears signed jimmy charming soft graham to a horrendous deal. Yet Quinn has somehow outplayed that stinker and is now in conversation for worst FA signing of all time.

Major yikes.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Brad Biggs was on the score this morning and said the Quinn $30 Mil guaranteed is the worst free agent signing for the Bears since he started covering the team

I honestly can’t think of any other signing with similar or more money and less productivity. I think Biggs may be right

Biggs is an idiot and even though this year has been brutal for Quinn he was good last year and that's why he got his contract and if we didn't sign him to it other teams would of.

I know the idiots are gonna say that Pace somehow should of known Quinn was gonna have a bad year because that's what idiots think but it wasn't a bad signing when we made it and every single person on here was very happy with getting rid of Floyd and replacing him with Quinn but hindsight is a CCS specialty for many on here.

But as of now it's turned out to be a bad signing and all we can do is hope he can get back on track next year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know it’s impressive considering the bears signed jimmy charming soft graham to a horrendous deal. Yet Quinn has somehow outplayed that stinker and is now in conversation for worst FA signing of all time.

Major yikes.
Well...Jimmy also has the ability to flash the best TE play we have seen in years for a few plays a game. He actually shows up in the box score, and is important to mentor K-Met.

Quinn isn't even being asked to lead or star...we just needed him to show up with some pressures but without Goldman or a QB we really struggle to force teams to throw the ball.

Quinn doesn't know anything about the cold or attrition football. We never know how to deploy our guys strategically, and that starts from how you build the team and the type of peripheral players you select to compliment around them.

You can't just plug an aging Quinn in...you have to have a plan for him.

I assume he will be back and I hope Pagano is gone just to see what somebody else can do with this group. I'll resever judgement and wait to see if the next DC can get production from him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The worst part about Quinn is that the Raiders got scared because of his injury. And yet Pace somehow gave him that money

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Brad Biggs was on the score this morning and said the Quinn $30 Mil guaranteed is the worst free agent signing for the Bears since he started covering the team

I honestly can’t think of any other signing with similar or more money and less productivity. I think Biggs may be right
Quinn certainly hasn't lived up to the money and no sacks, but he has done way more than given credit, just watch the coaches tape.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Biggs is an idiot and even though this year has been brutal for Quinn he was good last year and that's why he got his contract and if we didn't sign him to it other teams would of.

I know the idiots are gonna say that Pace somehow should of known Quinn was gonna have a bad year because that's what idiots think but it wasn't a bad signing when we made it and every single person on here was very happy with getting rid of Floyd and replacing him with Quinn but hindsight is a CCS specialty for many on here.

But as of now it's turned out to be a bad signing and all we can do is hope he can get back on track next year.

I wasn't happy with it and went on record saying it. Quinn was not a dominant player prior to being here. Rarely do you see a player like him parlay a great year out of nowhere into future great years. They get their pay and disappear. They got paid. That's what Quinn is doing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wasn't happy with it and went on record saying it. Quinn was not a dominant player prior to being here. Rarely do you see a player like him parlay a great year out of nowhere into future great years. They get their pay and disappear. They got paid. That's what Quinn is doing.

Quinn was #2 in pass rush win rate and one of the top pass rushers based on sacks/hurries/hits the last 2 years.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
How quickly we all forget the gem that was Brandon Manumaleuna the blocking tight end the Bears signed to a five year deal because Mike Martz who straight up couldn't play football.

He will always be the only answer.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How quickly we all forget the gem that was Brandon Manumaleuna the blocking tight end the Bears signed to a five year deal because Mike Martz who straight up couldn't play football.

and Martz traded Greg Olsen too.. Blunder of the decade!

hahahahahahahaha

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Don’t forget, in the same offseason the Bears signed Minnesota star RB Chester Taylor who averaged like 2 ypc

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Don’t forget, in the same offseason the Bears signed Minnesota star RB Chester Taylor who averaged like 2 ypc

Hey don't worry they barely used him in Minnesota so he's still got a lot of tread on his tires!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Burton was pretty bad. If I recall correctly when he was signed he got top 5 TE money while never being more than a backup.

Quinn has been bad, but he at least showed something to earn what the Bears threw at him. With Burton I wondered who else was bidding up the deal?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Major yikes.
The Quinn signing was far worse then the Jimmy Graham signing. At least Graham has been somewhat productive. Quinn is non existent.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Burton was pretty bad. If I recall correctly when he was signed he got top 5 TE money while never being more than a backup.

Quinn has been bad, but he at least showed something to earn what the Bears threw at him. With Burton I wondered who else was bidding up the deal?
If your an OLB/DE making the money Quinn is, you need to produce more then 1 sack in 13 games. I can care less how many pressures he has at this point.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Quinn was #2 in pass rush win rate and one of the top pass rushers based on sacks/hurries/hits the last 2 years.

Those are some great stats. I just never got the wow feeling watching him. I didn't think we was worth the money with all the other problems on this team. I was right.