Worst Call Ever

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I am very happy now, because we won. But how the fuck do you run Forte for like 8 yards in several consecutive plays, have him run again for like 6 yards for a first down to the 1/2 yard line. Then take him out, first and goal from the 1/2 yards line, and throw the fucking ball, and have it be intercepted? Is there anybody in the fucking world that doesn't think that the Bears run that ball in, in one play, nonetheless 4? That was stupidest call ever made that I have ever seen.
The play would have been a TD I think if it wasnt for the lineman.

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
hahahahha.....I missed the game out of region, and too penniless for a bar, but I look forward to seeing a replay this week. I hate crap like that.....finish the emphatic point!!!! Put the exclamation at the end? That sounds way too cute, but on the other hand, an OC that can do the unexpected for once.

www.wiziwig.tv

Live streams of all NFL games, plus boxing, wrestling, and UFC PPV's, if you're into that sort of thing.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
I think it was a dumb call, at least try to run it once, we had first down.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The play would have been a TD I think if it wasnt for the lineman.
True but stuff can happen when you pass. Sometimes it's better to just do the obvious instead of try and fool the opposition. There's a reason it's the obvious and we also drafted Long for a reason.

dabearsjjk

Liked Posts:
While I would have rather seen them run twice, PA on 3rd down it would have been a TD if not for the tip.

Vikings looked like the Bears the last 20 years.

OK Offense, live off the turnovers.

You guys say run, but look what happened when a 300lb linemen takes the ball from forte

Liked Posts:
There is another aspect of that play call.

We all know that every play call from every game will be analyzed by our opponents. You want to be unpredictable and you build this over the season for the playoffs.

Situations like that, 1st and 1 happen. First choice is the run yet if the defense knows you are going to run they can prepare and stop you. You need to keep the defense honest, you need them to respect your pass too.

You build that in regular season games and that was a perfect situation to do it. 1st - call a pass. If it works its a TD. If not, the QB has to get rid of the ball Even if it does not, the next time you're there the defense coordinator will know you tried it and it will maybe make your run easier.

Trestman thinks long term. Every time you are surprised by the play call, think that the opponent team will be too.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is another aspect of that play call.

We all know that every play call from every game will be analyzed by our opponents. You want to be unpredictable and you build this over the season for the playoffs.

Situations like that, 1st and 1 happen. First choice is the run yet if the defense knows you are going to run they can prepare and stop you. You need to keep the defense honest, you need them to respect your pass too.

You build that in regular season games and that was a perfect situation to do it. 1st - call a pass. If it works its a TD. If not, the QB has to get rid of the ball Even if it does not, the next time you're there the defense coordinator will know you tried it and it will maybe make your run easier.

Trestman thinks long term. Every time you are surprised by the play call, think that the opponent team will be too.

Okay, I am not sure that was the time and place to be displaying the element of surprise for future reference, but that's about the best response backing of the play call that I have heard yet. We did get away with it in the long run, I guess.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who noticed the TE wide open in the middle of the field? Cutler just needed to get it over the line. Just saying because I see people saying nobody was open and he needed to throw it away. His first read towards the flat was covered. He then saw #87 (idk who that is) over the middle and the ball was flat and got tipped. Cutler just needed to release it higher or get more air under it.
Yeah right, it was not the bad play call everyone thinks. The play was there. BUT, you're right, Jay throwing the ball too high would ONLY be a throw away at worst, like some are saying. I think Jay is learning to throw it away more, but it will still take some time. Certainly, on 1st and goal at the 1, I'd like to see error on the high side, but still, no tip and we'd all be singing a different tune!

I do think that this is a good lesson for Tress as well. He is bringing a nice pass offense to the Bears!!! BUT, he also needs to remember that it was a 1st and 1, for the Monsters of the Midway, and sometimes it is good to run the ball right at the fuckers! Good learning play for both Jay and Tress, imo, but not the dumb play everyone making it out to be.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I subscribe to the theory that you don't go away from what is working until the other team proves they can stop it. On that drive Forte was killing them so 1st down and goal to go at the 1 yard line was not the down to try that play.

I don't like trying to trick a team until such time that they prove such trickery is necessary. The Vikes on that drive never proved they could stop Forte so the trickery was unnecessary.
I think there is something to this point, as well ass, sometimes it's nice to run the ball when they're expecting it, and just knock em down in a cloud of smoke. I would have probably run it the 1st down at least, just to attempt to stuff it in the face of a division rival. I think Tress will learn a little here too.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Maneri was the third read. The fullback was the first read and Bennet was the 2nd. Both were covered. Maneri appeared open in part because the LB who looks like should have covered him went to double Bennet instead.
Take that up with Marshall you fuckin jaggoff.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Okay, I am not sure that was the time and place to be displaying the element of surprise for future reference, but that's about the best response backing of the play call that I have heard yet. We did get away with it in the long run, I guess.

Yeah what would be the future reference. For future reference, we might elect to PA even though you haven't proven capable of stopping us from ramming it down your fucking throats on a given drive. Seems like a future reference that only benefits the opponent.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure the McKie dive was the worst call ever...especially since it happened much, much, more than any reasonable person would ever want.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pretty sure the McKie dive was the worst call ever...especially since it happened much, much, more than any reasonable person would ever want.
It was not a good call. Of course it is not the "worst call ever". For me, I was even more tense than usual for the game, and drank a couple of buckets of beer. Then stayed out for 3/4s of the Broncos/Giants game, celebrating and drinking much more. By the time I started this post, I was really fucked up. But I still think the ball should have been pounded in, especially considering the success we were having running the ball that entire drive.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think jay should've thrown the ball away.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets