Would Matt Forte have been a HOF'er in Nagy's offense?

What would his career have looked like under Nagy?

• Yes- He would have made Marshall Faulk his bitch.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No- HeStill would have been tackled by a stiff Chicago breeze too often

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

mecha

Liked Posts:
Matt Forte would have BEEN THE OFFENSE in Nagys system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for all intents and purposes, he WAS THE OFFENSE for Turner, Martz, Tice, Kromer and Gase. as far as injuries I don't ever recall him missing extended time. I think it was 2009 he sprained his ankle and his stats slipped a bit (narrowly missed 1000 yards). he, like Olsen, was pretty weak when it came to tackling. shoestring tackles we called them at CBMB, or like freeze tag, you basically touched them and they fell down. beyond that though he was everything you could want in a RB. it's too bad they played hardball with him too and he couldn't finish up with the team as like a 3rd down guy.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Ex Bears who would've thrived in Nagys system:

QB:
9-McMahon
18-Tomczak
4-Harbaugh
12-McCown

All 4 had the mobility...McMahon and McCown had the brains too.

RB:

35- Neal Anderson (dear God...forget Forte. Neal would have been HOF anyway if not for that damn hamstring)

22-Johnny Bailey (the ORIGINAL Tarik Cohen)

33-Darren Lewis (if coke hadn't been more important)

22-Robert Green

20-Thomas Jones

TE:

85-Keith Jennings (BIG Target and 3 down TE because he could block)

89-Ryan Wetnight

84-Chris Gedney

82-Greg Olsen

88- Dez Clark

WR:

29-Dennis Gentry

13-Johnny Knox

23-Devin Hester (our Tyreek Hill)

81-Rashied Davis (he was a good slot guy)

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
And yes Forte would've had even bigger numbers. But this thread should have Neal Anderson in the title. Not Firte.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
33-Darren Lewis (if coke hadn't been more important)

That was the greatest "Bears cover up" ever...much more elaborate than the Ray McDonald cover up from a few years ago.

'Character issues' and positive combine test for cocaine scared off other teams, but not the Bears. Bill Tobin first claimed he "didn't know" about Lewis' positive drug test, but since he tested positive AT THE COMBINE, even believers in the tooth fairy wouldn't buy that story. So Tobin switched gears and then claimed he thought he told the Bears to draft a different player, but the message got garbled at some point. Anyways, the irony is that Tobin eventually replaced Darren Lewis with Tim Worley...another cocaine RB. You can't make this stuff up.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
That was the greatest "Bears cover up" ever...much more elaborate than the Ray McDonald cover up from a few years ago.

'Character issues' and positive combine test for cocaine scared off other teams, but not the Bears. Bill Tobin first claimed he "didn't know" about Lewis' positive drug test, but since he tested positive AT THE COMBINE, even believers in the tooth fairy wouldn't buy that story. So Tobin switched gears and then claimed he thought he told the Bears to draft a different player, but the message got garbled at some point. Anyways, the irony is that Tobin eventually replaced Darren Lewis with Tim Worley...another cocaine RB. You can't make this stuff up.

Yes Tobin brought in Lewis.

But I dont think he had any hand in Worley....as I recall Tobin was gone before the '93 season began because he wanted OJ McDuffie and Wanna got his way taking Conway. So Tobin bounced.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes Tobin brought in Lewis.

But I dont think he had any hand in Worley....as I recall Tobin was gone before the '93 season began because he wanted OJ McDuffie and Wanna got his way taking Conway. So Tobin bounced.

If you're going to paraphrase from chicagobearshistory.com at least give it some attribution

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would loved to have seen him in this system. The only two years he had any talent around him, he had almost 2k yards from scrimmage in 2013 with 12 TDs and broke the receiving record for a back in 2014, and these weren't nearly as good schemes as Nagy's. He'd have thrived big time with all these screens they run now.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And yes Forte would've had even bigger numbers. But this thread should have Neal Anderson in the title. Not Firte.

Forte slightly > Anderson, imo, but I'm a big fan of both.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I would loved to have seen him in this system. The only two years he had any talent around him, he had almost 2k yards from scrimmage in 2013 with 12 TDs and broke the receiving record for a back in 2014, and these weren't nearly as good schemes as Nagy's. He'd have thrived big time with all these screens they run now.

Absolutely!!!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes, without 0 doubt he would be. Forte is the prototypical RB for todays nfl. He would essentially be a top 3 back of his generation. Forte was a WR lining up at RB, Nagy's scheme would have a field day with him if we had him instead of howard AND still had cohen. Linebackers all over the league would be put on suicide watch after playing the bears

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Forte slightly > Anderson, imo, but I'm a big fan of both.

I have to disagree.

Neal was better between the tackles, slightly faster, and better at the goaline.

Plus Forte couldn't hold Neal's jock as a receiver. Neal was even better than Payton as a receiver. Imo, Anderson was the best receiving back i ever saw. Because you could split him wide and he would burn PRO BOWL db's. Incredible route runner. He put a double move on Merton Hanks one time that would've made Jerry Rice jealous.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s close but N. Anderson was in Payton’s shadow and less appreciated as a result, in my opinion. They both would have excelled in this system.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It’s close but N. Anderson was in Payton’s shadow and less appreciated as a result, in my opinion. They both would have excelled in this system.

If Payton hadn't hung on a season too long and moved to FB, Bears fans would've been treated to Andersons eliteness MUCH sooner. Instead Ditka had Neal playing fullback because Payton wouldn't admit Neal was better.

Sad part is, Payton IMMEDIATELY would have been the BEST FB in football. Hell, Payton could've been the leagues best FB into the early 90s. No doubt about it. Probably would've finished with 18-19,000 rushing yds. He'd still be the ALL TIME RUSHING LEADER.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SDM, you are the all time gravysauce slurping champion of CCS.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
SDM, you are the all time gravysauce slurping champion of CCS.

No arguing that Payton wouldn't have been an elite FB. Ditka often called him.the best blocking back he's ever seen.

In Ditkas offense, which featured the FB about 50/50 with the RB, Payton would have still gotten 50-60yds on the ground every week. I mean if Brad Muster could...so could Payton.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if payton hadn't hung on a season too long and moved to fb, bears fans would've been treated to andersons eliteness much sooner. Instead ditka had neal playing fullback because payton wouldn't admit neal was better.

Sad part is, payton immediately would have been the best fb in football. Hell, payton could've been the leagues best fb into the early 90s. No doubt about it. Probably would've finished with 18-19,000 rushing yds. He'd still be the all time rushing leader.

lol.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Or he could have switched to safety.