Would the NFL expand to Chicago?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
yeah, so? When the Texans started, they were all cowboy fans too. The state of Oklahoma is football crazed. They would embrace an nfl team more than Chicago would a second team(you know they are all baerz fans rite?!)
No, @Montucky is leaving bear Fandom if a new team comes. He'll be missed by few

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Sox are probably the best team in town at the moment...if you're talking about the product on the field.
I'm a Sox fan (though I don't watch baseball anymore really) so it was more of a dig on the Cubs. But yea, the Sox are the better team at the moment.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Eh, imo, the only way that a second team comes to Chicago would be to play the Chargers have done in LA - to help pay for the new stadium. I seriously doubt that a new team would want to come in and take over the bad revenue stream situation of Soldier Field - from the team's perspective.

However, I really doubt that the NFL would try to add a 2nd team to Chicago. I would think they would look to add to other markets if they do add teams. I would also add, I hope they do not expand any time soon although I have learned to never underestimate the greed of the billionaire owners.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
My teams are Chicago teams. Not teams from downstate or the cornfields. If you want to go be a Cardinals fan too go right ahead, as far as I'm concerned once you're past the Tri-State its all the same.
Chicago is technically downstate from Arlington heights. Are you confused?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
For what its worth Rockford has been colloquially referred to as downstate, despite being north of Chicago.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Please don't force me to explain to you what the word "or" means.
Well your or doesn't apply either because there aren't corn fields around Arlington heights. Arlington heights is an extension of a massive metropolitan area that is Chicago

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
For what its worth Rockford has been colloquially referred to as downstate, despite being north of Chicago.
Have you ever looked at a map of the Chicago area? I just can't comprehend your stupidity in relation to the claim of Arlington heights being in the cornfields. It's literally right by ohare and Schaumburg

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well your or doesn't apply either because there aren't corn fields around Arlington heights. Arlington heights is an extension of a massive metropolitan area that is Chicago
Once you're that far out you've lost almost all the cultural connection to the city. This is why people are so nauseated when suburbanites from Naperville or Schaumburg tell people "Oh yeah I'm from Chicago". It's just not the same thing. Oak Park? Evanston? Skokie? Yeah alright fine, it's not exactly the same but its in the realm.

But Arlington fucking Heights? Not Chicago. Never has been, never will be.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Would people who call Arlington Heights "rural" just fucking die if they had to go out to a real rural place like Grundy or Kankakee County and do legit farm work?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Would people who call Arlington Heights "rural" just fucking die if they had to go out to a real rural place like Grundy or Kankakee County and do legit farm work?
Well I live in Montana because I figure if you're gonna go out to the sticks you might as well go all the way.