Would You Consider Trading Both Jay Cutler & Brandon Marshall For The #1 Pick?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I know a lot of posters here aren't too fond of both Cutler and Marshall. Personally I like both.

But if the Bears wanted to put together a package and send Cutler/Marshall to Lovie for the 1st overall pick... would you all be down for it?

This gives Lovie the QB he's desperately wanted (lol at last year) and also clears the CANCER out of the dressing room with Marshall.

Not only that... it gives the Bears the first shot at Winston who has all the tools/physical attributes to be a future star.

Being that the next couple of years while rebuilding the defense are going to be "throw away years"... it makes sense to take the risk on Winston and a quick rebuild.

Thoughts?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler, Marshall and the 7th pick, right?

I assume that's what you mean?

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Sure, then trade it for some dumbass team that wants Mariota/Winston.

We aren't winning shit with Cutler so getting rid of his contract is a plus all on it's own.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes either way, by the way.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Yes and then trade the #1 pick to a team that wants it.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make the trade and get the pick. Then go D and let Josh or Rex be the cheap QB during the rebuild.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Make the trade and get the pick. Then go D and let Josh or Rex be the cheap QB during the rebuild.

Exactly.

Seriously... this is not that outlandish of a proposition. You get rid of the turnover king and the dressing room cancer.

At that point... you have the opportunity to take a risk on Winston @ #1 OR trade the pick for another 1st rounder to address the defensive holes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly.

Seriously... this is not that outlandish of a proposition. You get rid of the turnover king and the dressing room cancer.

At that point... you have the opportunity to take a risk on Winston @ #1 OR trade the pick for another 1st rounder to address the defensive holes.

do you really think winston goes #1 overall? i think when we start finding out about the other seafood thefts he may start to slide.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
do you really think winston goes #1 overall? i think when we start finding out about the other seafood thefts he may start to slide.

If someone would just take the time to teach him to swim then he could steal his crabs from the sea...I doubt Aquaman is the type to bother reporting seathefts. Problem solved.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

I won't even respond to the immature second part of your comment.

But yes, I think Winston goes #1 overall. I've listened to a lot of Kyper, Arkish etc... mock drafts and he's basically a can't miss @ #1 for Lovie and the Bucs.

If the Bears can package Cutler/Marshall to get the #1 pick... they own all the cards whether they want Winston or trade him to another team desperate for a QB.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If someone would just take the time to teach him to swim then he could steal his crabs from the sea...I doubt Aquaman is the type to bother reporting seathefts. Problem solved.
Where the fuck is the dolphin fighter when we need him?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only problem here is that Lovie Smith is not going to give up a third first round pick for a quarterback he probably never wanted in the first place.

Otherwise...works for me.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I think about trading my left nut for my right, but then I realize I already have two nuts.