Would you make this trade for Jimmy Garoppolo...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Err, no. This draft is deep @ RB, he won't go in the top 5.

He is better than zeke. I will say that. LSU with Niles was a terrible offense. He can catch better than people think. But, yet again, I am a Saints fan and I pray Carolina doesn't luck out with him because that read option would be unstoppable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is better than zeke. I will say that. LSU with Niles was a terrible offense. He can catch better than people think. But, yet again, I am a Saints fan and I pray Carolina doesn't luck out with him because that read option would be unstoppable

I don't think he gets to Carolina. He's the best player in the draft.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
That's high risk. You could be getting rid of a good player, and getting two busts in return. I wouldn't do it.

But you could also get a franchise qb and Adrien Peterson 2.o . Why not just keep your 2nd rounder and trade the #3 straight up for JG since you already have a proven commodity at rb? Your trade makes no sense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
utdwtR6.gif

Lot of this going around lately...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think he gets to Carolina. He's the best player in the draft.

I would disagree with almost a 100% of the time, but he is really special. I watch LSU but in no way a homer and this guy has blown my mind of skill.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Draft scenario is dumb because NE wouldn't want Howard. They would rather have their RBs catch passes. Now, if CHI had a speedy, short WR to trade... that'd make much more sense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That would be essentially trading our 2nd round pick and the 3rd pick for Jimmy G. That would be insanity.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get that. And I am a believer like you in that, but Fournette may be worth it if shit happened. Guy is truly unreal. I think y'all have bigger needs and I'm praying Carolina doesn't get him cause him and Cam will fuck the NFL up

I know your not a fan of Trubisky but that and Garrett to the Browns would work out fine for me.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck? Im not saying Jimmy is the next star, but running backs are a dime a dozen. Howard is not that great and Fournette is a freak. My mind is blown that they think Fournette may not be as good. Barring injury, Fournette is the next AP. I watch LSU and I am not a homer at all, but Fournette is unreal. That power and speed is unmatched in this draft. The dude is one the best backs I have ever watched with a work ethic. He gets any kind of line he is going to destroy the NFL. Zeke couldnt touch him.

lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't think Fournette is a generational talent?

By generational, you mean the best back in a generation? No. I don't even know that he'll be the best back in this class. Even if he is a really good player, I hate the trade. It's essentially combining two (imo bad) trades consecutively.

#3 overall for Jimmy (which I would never do)

and

Howard plus the 36th pick for Fournette (which I would also not do. Howard is a stud. I'm not gambling on Fournette being THAT much better AND giving up the 2nd round pick for the right to make that gamble).

With the #3 and #36 pick, I want to draft a QB and then get a really good talent at #36 in this very deep defensive draft. Not Jimmy and a possible upgrade at a position we're already good at. There will be cornerbacks (a position of dire need) at 36 who would go in round 1 in most drafts.