Would you trade a 14' 2nd and a 15' 4th for Ward

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Or they could just sign Jairus Byrd and keep their picks.

Trading picks and then paying someone big money is idiotic.

We got to come to a conclusion that neither Byrd or Ward will be a Chicago Bear in the near future. We are going to go with cheaper veterans back there who are better then the S we have now while looking in the draft for another one and using most of our $ on the front line. There is no point in having a high priced S when your defensive line is mediocre and you only have a few guys under contract.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rather keep the picks and potentially go after a cheaper option VIA free agency.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
No. So not only do you trade 2nd and 4th round picks but you still have to sign him to a big contract.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This D is bad and needs every draft pick we have. Emery must keep up the poaching ( D Bass ) and fill out the roster with Youthful talent.
Its actually rather simple. Throw everything at the D and see who sticks thru FA and the draft.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
this is not "a rumor" this is just a random person's baseless hopes and dreams. at best, it could be termed "speculation"

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bigger impact would be to find a DE and pay him... Pressure on a QB and the ability to stop the run at or near the line will do more to improve Safety pay than safety pay.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fixing the suck DL will make Conte and Wright much better. So keep the picks.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Hey it's the way bleacher report became popular. People used to curse them for shitty rumors like this but they constantly read the stories anyway.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Fixing the suck DL will make Conte and Wright much better. So keep the picks.

Except for Wright wont be a Chicago Bear anymore and Conte will be fighting for a starting position. Why would they resign Wright when there are better options out there for a similar price range or a little bit more expensive? If we draft a S and he shows a lot of promise in the offseason and looks good during preseason, why wouldnt you start him over a horrible Conte?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like this at the end. We're going to put the odds on this at 20%. Where can I place my $1000 bet and when can I expect my $200 to be sent?