Would you want Dez Bryant on the Bears??

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he becomes available, would you like to see the Bears go after him?

Do you think he'd even consider coming here? Will want win now team or just chase the $$$?

PER ROTOWORLD

Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said Dez Bryant's behavior on the sidelines "can be a distraction."

In addition to his behavior, Jones questioned Bryant's fit with Dak Prescott and his place on the team. "The chemistry between Dak and Dez is different between Tony (Romo) and Dez. ... It hasn’t hit on all cylinders on how the connection works. It’s a work in progress," Jones said. "And we just have to really get our hands around, when you put all the full body of work together, where that's headed." Owed $12.5 million and coming off one of his least productive seasons, Dez was by no means a lock to return, but these comments make it seem like Dallas is seriously considering a divorce. Of course, Jones also might be trying to soften up Bryant before asking him to take a pay cut, an idea Dez shot down in December. Cutting Bryant would save the Cowboys $8.5 million against the cap but leave them with nothing resembling a No. 1 receiver.

Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Jan 23 - 9:53 AM

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He is not coming to a shitty team

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He is not coming to a shitty team

Omelet called Dez Bryant a huge bust before the draft. Said he would never be a #1 WR in the NFL.

Another gem for "0-fer" on his predictions and talent evals. Now he says Dez Bryant is too good for the Bears. Classic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
sure give him $12.5 M, E. Sanders $11M, and bring back Anquan Boldin on the cheap for 4yrs/$28M. Bears would be stacked with 3 Probowl WR's. What could go wrong?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The CBMB Omelet also liked Shea McClellin. Right after the draft pick he was singing the praises of him because it was rumored that Pats like McClellin.

I have zero issue with a forum member making a mistake on players before the draft; just be a man and own up to it......

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The CBMB Omelet also liked Shea McClellin. Right after the draft pick he was singing the praises of him because it was rumored that Pats like McClellin.

I have zero issue with a forum member making a mistake on players before the draft; just be a man and own up to it......

I forgot about that one. There's just so many to choose from.

Hahahahahhahahhahaha

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd consider it even though I personally don't care for the guy, and was all for giving B Marshall the boot.

But Jeezus the Bears so badley need a #1.....they aren't likely going to find one in the draft, at least not for 2018, and FA isn't exactly full of top tier WR talent.

I'd be ok with the Bears throwing some of that cash they have stockpiled at him... try to lure him to play for this historically shitty team and hope for the best.

Maybe he gel's with Mitch like he hit it off with Romo?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As a Cowboys fan, I would advise passing on him.

-He's an athletic WR who will be 30 soon and has clearly seen his best days. He has issues running routes and creating adequate separation

-Similar to that note, he still plays as an X/#1 receiver but has issues getting matched up with the better corners despite his size. Therein, he's not really a #1 receiver anymore.

-But...he thinks he is.

I will say part of Dez's woes has to do with the fact that Dak and Dez have never really been on the same page. Dak can't put the ball like Romo can for Dez to get on the sideline, whether it's short hitches/posts or on longer routes. Most success has been on slants. I haven't seen enough of Trubisky to make a judgment on how that aspect would translate to the Bears, but I don't really see an improvement considering Trubisky's limited experience, plus having no experience with Dez, who's stubborn as hell in his ways.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We already know this isn't the CBMB Omelet. Who picked up the troll account no idea.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
alright alright you all have sold me....stay clear of Dez.

I got alittle excited when I saw new someone with the name power of Dez might be available.

I am just really down on whats out there for FA and rookies this coming year at one of the Bears biggest positional needs.

I guess I can just drudge up that last glimmer of hope that might be left that Kevin White comes out of nowhere to be the stud a lot of us were hoping for. Would he even be eligible for the "Come Back Player of the Year" award ?? lol

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah lets add a cancer to the team that we're trying to change the culture with with a new coaching staff and young franchise QB.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Yeah lets add a cancer to the team that we're trying to change the culture with with a new coaching staff and young franchise QB.

This is exactly the same reason why some people want to stay away from another FA WR Landry, and possibly OLB Key in Draft.