wow the bears defense elite? lol

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Giving up 20 in less than a half makes them non elite

Ok? And if that's the case, there is no elite defense. The #1 scoring D in the league, the Saints, gave up 24 in the 2nd half against GB. The #3 D Colts gave up 28 to GB in the first half. The Rams have given up 20 in a half against much lesser teams.

The point isn't that they are elite. The point is, we don't need a damn announcement that they aren't elite. Because when one starts a thread saying the defense is elite, it will be interpreted as the defense being the problem with this team. And like I said, they could have had the 85 Bears D and they would have still been losing up until the last 11 seconds.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Stop making excuses for this defense. They are not very good right now. Certainly not as good as they believe they are. Offense sucks, defense sucks, personnel sucks, or draft position will suck, blah, blah, blah. Another year stuck in the NFL version of Groundhogs day. #waituntilnextyear

Name one excuse that was made for them.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok? And if that's the case, there is no elite defense. The #1 scoring D in the league, the Saints, gave up 24 in the 2nd half against GB. The #3 D Colts gave up 28 to GB in the first half. The Rams have given up 20 in a half against much lesser teams.

The point isn't that they are elite. The point is, we don't need a damn announcement that they aren't elite. Because when one starts a thread saying the defense is elite, it will be interpreted as the defense being the problem with this team. And like I said, they could have had the 85 Bears D and they would have still been losing up until the last 11 seconds.
I dont care about the Saints or any other team

The Bears D gave up 20 points in less than one half.. They're not elite, they're mediocre

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember Bears defenses that scored and placed their offense in good FP.

What happened??

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Man I really hate Paganos 3 man rushes. Why do they always look so much softer when hicks isn't on the field? Do your job.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I remember Bears defenses that scored and placed their offense in good FP.

What happened??

That's not a defense problem. That's a YOU problem for expecting that. Turnovers aren't a thing that are repeatable and sustainable year after year.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not a defense problem. That's a YOU problem for expecting that. Turnovers aren't a thing that are repeatable and sustainable year after year.
Those were elite defenses...This years isnt

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Lol

Blogger / Podcaster
Dan Bernstein
Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein 10m
RT @kfishbain: Bears defense in the 1st half: 0 sacks 0 tackles for loss 0 QB hits 0 takeaways 1 pass defensed Za’Darius Smith alone has 3 QB hits for the Packers.
TV / Radio Personality

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
They've been taking advantage of hicks being out. They can run up the gut all day long.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
D sucks cuz the O sucks- team effort