WR Emmanuel Sanders won't return to Broncos

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Past his prime but if he comes cheap he'd be a good number 3 receiver.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Emmanuel Sanders on a 3 year/33 million dollar deal > Landry on a 5yr/70 million dollar deal.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Emmanuel Sanders on a 3 year/33 million dollar deal > Landry on a 5yr/70 million dollar deal.

If that is what Emmanuel Sanders will cost pass on him I was thinking 3 year/12 million.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If that is what Emmanuel Sanders will cost pass on him I a was thinking 3 year/12 million.

Sanders is still very talented, don't let his numbers fool you. The Broncos were just horrible offensively and he missed some games this past year.

11 million a year might be rich for him but it will be much closer to that number than your 4 a year. That's a joke. Might be more of a 3yr/27-30 million with his last year being able to get out.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'd take a fucking homeless guy with a bag on his head if he can run routes and catch passes. I'd love to stack this roster with super-talented receivers, but first we've got to just get "NFL receivers". I'd take Sanders. I'd take Landry. I'd take Richardson, Wilson, ANY of those guys.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
3 year /12mil WTF!!! Not sure what in the world would make you think this

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Loading up for Kirk Cousins and taking all his passing options away.

QpaHUvB.gif

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
3 years/12 million?!? That's Kendall Wright money. Sanders wiill get 8-10M/year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
in what universe is Sanders a number 3? Not a chance, the dude still has major game and although a different flavor than Alshon puts pressure on a defense with his speed and quickness....Belichick was after him when he first left Pittsburgh...IMO he is exactly the type of guy Nagy would be after

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doubt this, even though grand jury didn’t proceed with charges because of lack of evidence, doubt Pace would go after someone this soon after being investigated for felony sexual assault.

Shits all over Denver radio. Somehow he kept this secret ( at least from news agencies) since last June.

Trantor

Liked Posts:
He'll be 31 in two months. I don't see Pace giving 11 mil a year to a guy that old. He has yet to hand out that kind of money to anyone over 30. We've typically seen 2yr/8mil type of deals for players like this from Pace.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
$11M/ yr for a injured aging WR vs $14M/yr for a young rising already best at his position WR? Really?

E Sanders = a $33M better Eddie Royal or a $33M slightly better and older Kendall Wright. Signing players like him for stupid money is what 5-11 teams do.

What player could you add for the saved $3M cap that would make as much difference as the best slot WR in the NFL vs Sanders?

Last edited:

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
He'll be 31 in two months. I don't see Pace giving 11 mil a year to a guy that old. He has yet to hand out that kind of money to anyone over 30. We've typically seen 2yr/8mil type of deals for players like this from Pace.

And this is why we suck. We need WR's big time and this dude has the hands to put up big numbers here. He had a down year last year as did that entire team. The previous 4 seasons prior to last year were pretty good for him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And this is why we suck. We need WR's big time and this dude has the hands to put up big numbers here. He had a down year last year as did that entire team. The previous 4 seasons prior to last year were pretty good for him.
You're saying the Bears suck because they haven't passed out big number contracts to players on the downside of their career?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
$11M/ yr for a injured aging WR vs $14M/yr for a young rising already best at his position WR? Really?

E Sanders = a $33M better Eddie Royal or a $33M slightly better and older Kendall Wright. Signing players like him for stupid money is what 5-11 teams do.

What player could you add for the saved $3M cap that would make as much difference as the best slot WR in the NFL vs Sanders?

Antonio Brown? Julio? OBJ? Hopkins? AJ Green? Which receiver of this caliber are you referring to? I do agree with you that I'd pay the 14 for a good receiver like Landry, although Sanders is worth 10 mil a year on a short deal.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
You're saying the Bears suck because they haven't passed out big number contracts to players on the downside of their career?

He will be 31 this year and has 3 more productive years left. He has been a good receiver the last 4 or 5 years. To answer your question, YES. We give big money to scrubs like Wheaton, Sims, and Royal. I'd much rather give 10 million to a WR who is actually good than 6 million each to garbage.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You want to pay a guy who will be 31 when the season starts 11 million a year into his year 34 season?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
While Sanders would certainly be the best receiver on the team is it really in the Bears best interest to go pay a lot of money for a guy about to be over the hill........

Probably not. There are younger options and frankly Pace needs to hit on a draft selection at WR.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The hatred for Landry is ridiculous. Under no circumstance is Sanders worth 11M.