Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Antonio Brown? Julio? OBJ? Hopkins? AJ Green? Which receiver of this caliber are you referring to? I do agree with you that I'd pay the 14 for a good receiver like Landry, although Sanders is worth 10 mil a year on a short deal.
Landry, the best slot WR in the NFL.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
You might be able to front load a contract on a 4 year deal where he can be but after year 2.

Though I am not a fan of aging players He actually fits in this system and when he didn't get hurt he still had plenty left in the tank and speed.
A vet WR can be useful to Mitch and the other WRs.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Landry, the best slot WR in the NFL.

Okay I'll agree with that. Although I don't put a premium on WR position compared to impact on my roster. He is worth 14 million a year if he keeps his head on straight.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Past his prime but if he comes cheap he'd be a good number 3 receiver.

#3 WR?? He's easily still a #2 WR in the NFL and a really good one at that. I'd love to have him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
“Maaannnnnn, fuck Sanders and Landry! I’d rather ride or die with Josh Bellamy and Tanner Gentry—ma’ boyzzzz!!!”

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Basically, if he played in all of the games last year, he was on pace for 68 catches and 800 yards. That was with terrible QBs. I'd take flier, especially if you can do a one year prove it deal.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Basically, if he played in all of the games last year, he was on pace for 68 catches and 800 yards. That was with terrible QBs. I'd take flier, especially if you can do a one year prove it deal.

Those are pretty much Alshon numbers this year. A lot of people complain about us letting him go but wouldn't be up to signing sanders. Even in a rebuild you still need a couple of established vets that can still produce to help bring the young receivers along. If the price is right I would be fine with sanders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Those are pretty much Alshon numbers this year. A lot of people complain about us letting him go but wouldn't be up to signing sanders. Even in a rebuild you still need a couple of established vets that can still produce to help bring the young receivers along. If the price is right I would be fine with sanders.

AJ was a 26 year old homegrown 6'3" glue-handed redzone matchup nightmare, the other is a 31 year old 5'11" accused sexual assaulter on the tail end of his career. Do you not see a difference in these two?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
$11M/ yr for a injured aging WR vs $14M/yr for a young rising already best at his position WR? Really?

E Sanders = a $33M better Eddie Royal or a $33M slightly better and older Kendall Wright. Signing players like him for stupid money is what 5-11 teams do.

What player could you add for the saved $3M cap that would make as much difference as the best slot WR in the NFL vs Sanders?

1. It would be more like a 2 year deal that the Bears could get out of quite easily after year 2. It would likely be less than 11 million since that is wha the is making now...more in the 8-10 million range per year.

2. You are criminally overrating Landry, the NFL's best receiver who doesn't average over 10 yards per catch.

3. Your comparison to Eddie Royal is straight laughable. When did Royal post 3 back to back 1000 yard seasons or a single 1400 yard season?

Best slot receiver in the NFL who doesn't average over 10 yards per catch.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Are you seriously comparing a legit #1 receiver to a slot receiver?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Alshon Did NOT want to play here anymore so its a mute point.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Moot, the word is moot. Still doesn't change the fact he tried to compare a legit proven #1 to a slot receiver...

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Moot, the word is moot. Still doesn't change the fact he tried to compare a legit proven #1 to a slot receiver...

I was playing devils advocate a bit, but I would not call Alshon a legit number one. While he may have number one talent he has never produced like a true number one. Based on cost/production alone I would not be upset with signing sanders.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He produced with and without Brandon Marshall. He had soft tissue and desire issues with us but at no point did he not produce on the field. I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Can't catch what isn't thrown at you boss.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was playing devils advocate a bit, but I would not call Alshon a legit number one. While he may have number one talent he has never produced like a true number one. Based on cost/production alone I would not be upset with signing sanders.

Oh Alshon is a number 1 WR. Don't let his injuries here fool you

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Oh Alshon is a number 1 WR. Don't let his injuries here fool you

Last year I would have agreed with you, but I expected him to make a much larger jump this year. He is a very good player and has the ability to produce big numbers, but his problem is that he tends to go hot and cold. He disappears for long streaks at a time. He was guilty of it here and in philly this year.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last year I would have agreed with you, but I expected him to make a much larger jump this year. He is a very good player and has the ability to produce big numbers, but his problem is that he tends to go hot and cold. He disappears for long streaks at a time. He was guilty of it here and in philly this year.

The typical skin deep stat viewer.

Anyone who paid attention to the Eagles' offense knew that they didn't ask any of their receivers to be the quote unquote #1 receiver. They spread the ball around big time. They didn't even have a receiver log a 100 yard game until late into the season. Its one of the major reasons they have been able to put defenses off balance.

Eagles regular season:

https://xer0hour.com/eaglesregseason.png

eaglesregseason.png

Eagles playoffs:

https://xer0hour.com/eaglesplayoffs.png

eaglesplayoffs.png

Do you know what happened the last time the Bears had an offense that spread the ball around like that? Mike Martz was the offensive coordinator and we were in the NFCCG. With a rag tag offensive line and do you even remember who the receivers were?

If you want to look at stats for Alshon then look at something like this: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/alshon-jeffery/

Looking at catch numbers alone is pointless when you don't also see how many times they were targeted and furthermore targets also require knowing how many of those targets were catchable passes. Statistics are worthless when you're not putting each of them into context with ancillary statistics...