Wrigley Deal "Fell Apart" Tuesday

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ricketts should say fuk th all and announce he gonna take bids to move.. youll see how fast these rooftop shut their mouth and give in knowing their property value about to take a big hit...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Ricketts should say fuk th all and announce he gonna take bids to move.. youll see how fast these rooftop shut their mouth and give in knowing their property value about to take a big hit...

The views should have been blocked a long time ago. The rooftop owners have in essence been getting away with murder for years. Had they blocked their views then, this would not be a problem now.

They had WGN like the rest of us, but that wasn't enough. A major franchise is dealing with a few owners who have been stealing their product for years. What's wrong with this picture?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are these the same owners the Cubs made an agreement with? How long is the agreement for? I can't be mad if someone just wants the Cubs to honor their contract.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They will exist as a franchise but it won't be in Wrigley Field. It's not old time baseball anymore, the game has changed and progressive team ownership is changing with it. One day Ricketts will recognize that, as he's a businessman beyond everything else. They need a new ballpark....the sooner the better.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I just awarded the guy who said "Peyton Manning is not a top 5 all time quarterback" with the worst post in ccs history and now you want to challenge for it already.

He is hands down the best QB to ever play the game, but I am betting Seattle in the Super Bowl. Just hoping that the old adage that defense wins championships come to fruition this year.

Their defense is down right nasty, so we will see.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Time to move.

Move west.

Move the team to a suburb that will offer tax incentives.

Build a replica of Wrigley, but with clean restrooms and no obstructed views. All modern amenities, luxury boxes, room to roam, etc.

Then build replicas of the buildings with rooftop views - they don't even need to be buildings. Just fronts with safe seating on top.

No more hassling with Wrigleyville. People attending the games won't all be drunken 20-30 year olds who throw their beer cups on the field every time there's a call they don't like, which embarrasses us true long-time fans.

The club will own the park, and the "rooftops".

Let the present rooftop owners stare at the vacant old park all day, unobstructed !

To heck with the people who purchased a home near the ballpark, and then bitch incessantly about the ballpark.

Time to move. Now!

Liked Posts:

That's how the owner of the Cubs loses at Jenga. He'll lose revenue while being even more leveraged. And when I say gone, I mean forever. The ballpark might be the biggest reason that most people go to games.

Bad idea.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
That's how the owner of the Cubs loses at Jenga. He'll lose revenue while being even more leveraged. And when I say gone, I mean forever. The ballpark might be the biggest reason that most people go to games.

Bad idea.

nah.. I dont think that really happening as much anymore. .
its the same WF that didnt draw fans prior to Harry Carey.
build a solid stadium, put out a good team on the field and true cubs fans will show up.
especially in NW Burbs where majority of fans are from.

WF has lost its pizzazz. . new age fans want a state of the art stadium to go to now along with a winning team..
WF will be missed mostly by older generation fans.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the renovations aren't happening? Dam that was something I was looking forward to. We need to call up some guys this year to at least make this year decent instead of a 100 loss season...

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
There have been cities that have offered free land to the Cubs. They could easily build a new stadium, that actually had parking and modern day amenities.

Liked Posts:
nah.. I dont think that really happening as much anymore. .
its the same WF that didnt draw fans prior to Harry Carey.
build a solid stadium, put out a good team on the field and true cubs fans will show up.
especially in NW Burbs where majority of fans are from.

WF has lost its pizzazz. . new age fans want a state of the art stadium to go to now along with a winning team..
WF will be missed mostly by older generation fans.

I'm not sure if this is what you were going for but this post was hilarious. I had to read it three times. Every word was precious.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Laura Ricketts is trying to make the team so bad that attendance dwindles enough for us to relocate to Miami :yep:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well with it going to court. IDK. If they lose to the Alderman again here I can not see them going status que.

I'm thinking they will move out.

If it is me I'm doing nothing until the courts decide. I lose I say thank you but view a empty lot and suck it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I just awarded the guy who said "Peyton Manning is not a top 5 all time quarterback" with the worst post in ccs history and now you want to challenge for it already.

Peyton is clearly top-5.

1) Andrew Luck
2) Don "The Magic Man" Majkowski
3) Jay Cutler
4) Peyton Manning
5) Syd Luckman

You are right, the Cubs will probably exist in 20 years. But Wrigley will not be inhabitable if we don't get it renovated. The rooftop owners have another 11 years of contract that they can litigate/hold up renovations. The repairs are not starting any time soon. It's reasonable to think this could take many, many years to get started.

How long can Wrigley last? It's literally been crumbling for years. Rickets won't entertain the idea of moving the club. I'm just saying stranger things have happened. Ask Art Modell and the Cleveland Browns fans.....