Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Respectfully, you should have your dick ripped off for that comment.

A QB with 13 NFL games under his belt tries to protect the football with a lead and you knock him for not being aggressive enough..

How'd that work out? He said so himself after watching tape but never mind.:beer:
Would there be more mistakes? Sure but they get offset by big plays. I've been saying for years that this is a big play league and if Sun didn't show you that, I don't know what will. QBs also learn from mistakes and might as well get that out of the way now while pushing his envelope. Training wheels should be off now. That was last year.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The issue I have with this play is you have a job to do, and that is stay in position. You aren't looking at the QB's eyes that far downfield and chasing players, you stay in your position and wait for action, then you react after the ball is in play. Callahan wanted to lose, that is the only explanation as to why he left an entire side of the field uncovered with not one there, as his safety valve switched with him. It amazes me how an NFL player can't keep discipline when you know what plays are coming based on GB's needs.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I definitely appreciate you posting the gifs and break downs here regardless of pessimism/optimism. I don't have access to the all 22, and honestly I don't have the knowledge to break it down like you do.

If you put in work already I hope you post whatever it was you broke down. If you stop posting break downs then this forum becomes pretty much a bunch of grumpy old men, who to blame threads, and trubisky vs. watson nonsense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Great coverage by Fuller on an island, offensive pass interference at the 15 yard line with the ball in the air...

BZsU5j.gif

Receivers get away with those little straight arms and it doesn't take much of one to get that little bit of separation that they need.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Early in the 3rd quarter, Trubisky stares down Robinson and almost has it picked. I believe this is where Trubisky started getting gun shy...

fPXjM5.gif

Seemed like Trubs was looking a little more to his right and then made a slight adjustment to AR12.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love when you do these all-22's which give us such a better view of what was really going on. It just sucks that we have to go through 4-5 days of dumb threads/posts from people making assumptions from the little bit they actually saw when watching the actual game.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
If fuller uses the correct arm, he might have been long enough to knock that amazing throw down! How many people make that throw? Even Rodgers makes that throw at best 50/50 but I would estimate 3-4 out of ten tops. Gotta give it to him. There was a nice lookback(on purpose or not) that juked fuller enough to get separation

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Throw is short without the push off. As close to a pick as a completion but ya, one on one, you trust your guy to break it up or win.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what the assignments may have been on the play, but it feels and looks like Callahan saw Fuller's guy flash in front of him and thought he was supposed to pick him up. Maybe leaving Fuller to drop back and cover the area that at least one of them should have been covering.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
would love to hear what fangio has to say about it when the media meets with him. why would you have your NB switch and play safety coverage?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mack got played by Montgomery coming across. Similar to his pick in the first half, the RB coming across like that was a sign for a screen. Rodgers never even looked that way, and Mack stopped his rush and ended up in no man's land.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
would love to hear what fangio has to say about it when the media meets with him. why would you have your NB switch and play safety coverage?

Jackson was not maintaining his position a few times during the game. Bears brought in 3 safeties on Monday to have a look, and update their emergency lists.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Jackson was not maintaining his position a few times during the game. Bears brought in 3 safeties on Monday to have a look, and update their emergency lists.

so thats what i want clarity on, based on the OP the fault is on callahan citing that he and jackson were switching with callahan being responsible for deep coverage... or was jackson at fault because he was freelancing instead of doing his job.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so thats what i want clarity on, based on the OP the fault is on callahan citing that he and jackson were switching with callahan being responsible for deep coverage... or was jackson at fault because he was freelancing instead of doing his job.

According to Donatell, Jackson did not stay on Cobb's top shoulder. Not disagreeing with Adipost's take. Just adding info.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
According to Donatell, Jackson did not stay on Cobb's top shoulder. Not disagreeing with Adipost's take. Just adding info.

yea i read that too but i just dont get why you would ask your nb to play deep coverage and your safety to play CB...trying to get too cute if true imo

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The issue I have with this play is you have a job to do, and that is stay in position. You aren't looking at the QB's eyes that far downfield and chasing players, you stay in your position and wait for action, then you react after the ball is in play. Callahan wanted to lose, that is the only explanation as to why he left an entire side of the field uncovered with not one there, as his safety valve switched with him. It amazes me how an NFL player can't keep discipline when you know what plays are coming based on GB's needs.

Or, you know, a slot cornerback that doesn't know what he's doing when pressed to play the role of safety? No, that can't be. Surely he wanted to lose. That is it.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. Happens all the time. WRs know when to do it to avoid refs' eyes and if refs are looking, WRs know to do it while keeping elbow bent and that avoids the flag 99% of the time too. Part of the game.

Fuller did nothing wrong here imo. He covered it so that WR would have to get extra physical and QB would have to throw perfect ... and they did. Hats off to them and move on.

2018 NFL points of emphasis

Both offensive and defensive pass interference will also be strictly enforced, including:

Contact that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;
Playing through the back of an opponent;
Grabbing an opponent’s arm;
Extending an arm across the body of an opponent;
Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact;
Hooking an opponent;
Shoving or pushing off to create separation.

Reactions: Myk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that was the 2018 NFL points of emphasis for 31 teams.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I heard Fangio say the same thing about Jackson.