WWE/AEW & General Wrestling Thread

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yep, just read that the other day. Sounds like it's going to be Rousey, Lynch and Charlotte at Wrestlemania.

Looks like they are going to use Becky's "injury" to start maybe a woman's tournament that Charlotte will win on a PPV. Then on Monday it will be announced that Becky is cleared and there's the Triple Threat.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Man is absolutely killing it. I suggest following her on Twitter. She spits fire on there. She is on fire. Stone Cold esque.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Becky is the hottest star in the whole industry, not just WWE. Happened organically too which is kinda cool.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Becky is the hottest star in the whole industry, not just WWE. Happened organically too which is kinda cool.

She's been great. Very fun to watch these past few weeks or so since I've gotten back into it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
WWE is coming to Des Moines in April. Should I go?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Local advertising have the card posted yet? I can tell you by looking at that lol. They're doing a DeKalb, IL show next week that looks pretty good.

Not that I can find or would really care. I haven't followed wrestling for years. Would mainly just go to drink beer with the boys

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that I can find or would really care. I haven't followed wrestling for years. Would mainly just go to drink beer with the boys

WWE charges more for beer than Soldier Field.

I went to SmackDown at All State Arena in December... 2 tall beers and a soft pretzel was $29.

If you're just going for fun... do it... live shows are always fun.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
WWE charges more for beer than Soldier Field.

I went to SmackDown at All State Arena in December... 2 tall beers and a soft pretzel was $29.

If you're just going for fun... do it... live shows are always fun.

One thing I always regret is not going to an ECW show in 98/99 at a County Civic Center in Metro Atlanta. This is back when ECW was legit and the shows were electric.
I heard thru a friend that a nasty brawl broke out at this show as it ended and many people got arrested in the parking lot with some serious injuries as well. In retrospect, I was probably better off not going considering I was 18 YDFC and probably would have got my ass kicked.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WWE is coming to Des Moines in April. Should I go?

Yes, doesnt matter who wrestles. I have a friend who gives no fucks about wrestling. he went to a show with another friend and he told me it was incredible. He said he isnt going to watch it but he said one of the funnest events ever. Its a good time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I always regret is not going to an ECW show in 98/99 at a County Civic Center in Metro Atlanta. This is back when ECW was legit and the shows were electric.
I heard thru a friend that a nasty brawl broke out at this show as it ended and many people got arrested in the parking lot with some serious injuries as well. In retrospect, I was probably better off not going considering I was 18 YDFC and probably would have got my ass kicked.

ECW or dub or was fucking incredible then. People believed in the stories. Talent was incredible for all orgs then. hottest time ever for wresting. Im sad you didnt go. I would love to have been there and I didnt even know who they were at the time.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ECW or dub or was fucking incredible then. People believed in the stories. Talent was incredible for all orgs then. hottest time ever for wresting. Im sad you didnt go. I would love to have been there and I didnt even know who they were at the time.

Lost in all of ECW's violence & adult themes, was that there was some incredible talent. And neither WCW or WWF could match the energy those matches had back then. And when you watched New Jack "wrestle," you never knew if he was just fighting someone or wrestling. That dude could have killed someone.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lost in all of ECW's violence & adult themes, was that there was some incredible talent. And neither WCW or WWF could match the energy those matches had back then. And when you watched New Jack "wrestle," you never knew if he was just fighting someone or wrestling. That dude could have killed someone.

He tried too. Look up Vic grimes. He was the one who hurt new jack in Ecw. New jack through him off a 40 foot scaffold which was a planned bump. But, new jack over threw him after he tased him like 4 times. According to new jack, he did it on purpose because he hated the fucker. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He tried too. Look up Vic grimes. He was the one who hurt new jack in Ecw. New jack through him off a 40 foot scaffold which was a planned bump. But, new jack over threw him after he tased him like 4 times. According to new jack, he did it on purpose because he hated the fucker. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked it up. Holy shit this dude was legitimately a psychopath

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The live shows are awesome. One of my favorite events I've ever been too was Wrestlemania in New Orleans for a bachelor party last year. It was a damn blast.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The live shows are awesome. One of my favorite events I've ever been too was Wrestlemania in New Orleans for a bachelor party last year. It was a damn blast.

I was there and I went to WM 30 there.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WM30 got me back into Wrestling tbh. I'm a Taker mark so him putting his streak on the line against Brock drew me in.

I experienced my first Taker 10 minute intro at WM. I feel part of the club now.