Yao possibly out next season & Beyond?

cool007

Liked Posts:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaorockets062909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Rockets and Yao’s reps are frightened over his future, and the concern is the most base of all: Does Yao Ming ever play again?

“The realization has hit them that this is grave,” one NBA general manager said.

For now, the Rockets have privately told league peers it could be a full season before Yao might be able to return to basketball. Multiple league executives, officials close to Yao and two doctors with knowledge of the diagnoses are describing a troubling, re-fracture of his navicular bone. Three pins were inserted a year ago, but the foot cracked in the playoffs and isn’t healing.

“It sounds like he’s missing most of next season, if not the entire 82 games,” one league executive who has had recent discussions with the Houston front office told Yahoo! Sports. “That’s all that [the Rockets] will concede quietly, but they know it’s probably much worse.”

:eek:hmy:

senrad

Liked Posts:
YAO! That is big news (no pun intended but I'm leaving it). Crappy news for the rockets and the big guy.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Wow that's terrible news, I feel bad for Yao and Houston, he just can't stay healthy or in this case even get healthy. He's one of the last post up centers left and may be the last great one for a while. If he does miss most of the season or all of it they will be looking at a high lottery pick.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man that really sucks for Yao.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
the guy just cant get a break. watching him play through the pain during the lakers series, he wanted it so bad and i couldnt help but feel horrible for the guy. and now this happens. i really hope he gets better faster than everyone is predicting

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I like the Rockets, it sucks that they can't catch a break, they work so hard and should be contenders but every bad thing happens to them.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Yao is a good player and will be missed, its T-Mac's fault this happend(LOL), he passes the injury bug like a plague, but he probably caught it from Grant Hill when he was in Orlando

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
A devastating blow to the Rockets & a real shame for Yao. You can't find a more humble World Superstar on the planet. But unfortunately for players of his incredible size, foot problems are inevitable. Remember when Gheorghe Muresan missed the entire 98 season because of a stretched tendon in his foot? Typically really big guys like Yao take longer to recover, & have a more difficult time healing properly from injuries as opposed to average people. I hope & pray that this does not cut short his career because he very well could be the last of his kind at the center position & I'd love to see him on the court for another 4-5yrs.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
And Doug said I was crazy when I said I'd take Noah over Yao because of injury concerns ...

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Houston may some interest in Brad Miller with Yao out , any way we can send him there in a cost cutting move to resign BG ?