You can pretty much count Bosh out of 2010

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Wow what looked like a messy divorce was going to happen between Bosh and the Raptors now seems to be a rekindled relationship this summer. The addition of Hedo and the commitement to a promising Bargani has shown Bosh that Jerry and the Raps are commited to improving around him. I really doubt he leaves next offseason. They signed Jarett Jack to a 4 yr 20 mil offer sheet which the Pacers have no intention of matching and Raps are still interested in bringing back Delfino or signing Linas Kleiza.

In 2010 many teams like us will end up empty and laughed at for waiting for 2010 and coming up zeros.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Why don"t you wait till the end of 2010 when the Raps win 30 games. Let's see how Bosh feels then.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I don't see how Bosh doesn't end up in Miami, now that Cleveland exed out their cap space with the Varejao signing.

That leaves Amare available now though, as we won't see something like Bosh to Cleveland followed by Amare to Miami.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Why don"t you wait till the end of 2010 when the Raps win 30 games. Let's see how Bosh feels then.

That team is looking pretty good, some more bench depth is needed but they will be fine. I can see them in the 40-15 win range.

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
Tech N9ne said the Bulls have Wade as their target in 2010 which makes little sense unless the Bulls plan on getting 2 big FA's in 2010 which won't happen.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
with a lineup of

rose
wade
deng

maybe we ought to ask tyrus to develope a three point shot? ;) otherwise i dont know who they're going to kick it out to.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
Tech N9ne said the Bulls have Wade as their target in 2010 which makes little sense unless the Bulls plan on getting 2 big FA's in 2010 which won't happen.

Wade will toy with the idea of leaving Miami just because like Lebron he too is an attention whore but in the end he knows he is the king of south beach and he wont leave.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Bosh has always been something of a pipedream as far as i'm concerned. I think the chance of him leaving the team that could pay him the most was always small, and I think the potential cap number has made the chances smaller.

At this point, the only guy I think is likely to look for another team is Amare. The smart money have to be with the other guys resigning with their current organizations.

If the Bulls have a shot at getting Boozer right now, they have to jump all over the opportunity. You don't risk a sure thing for a more than likely to be nothing. The Bulls and Jazz should just look to replace the Blazers with OKC, and make something happen.

Jazz: Noah, Atkins, L.J and a lottery protected first(Chi)
Bulls: Boozer, Koufos and 2nd rounder(OKC)
OKC: Thomas and Thomas

Get it done!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
2010 will be the summer Wade, Lebron, and Bosh toy with teams but stay put. It will be the summer let down with Joe Johnson and Amare as the moving peices.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
I respect the argument that the pickings won't be as sweet as once hoped, and the lowered cap and tax figures probably don't help, but I still think the Bulls rate among the better destinations and that the Bulls should give it a go. For all the doubts about the Bulls landing the big kahuna, I wonder what the response would be if the Bulls copped the same attitude and didn't try, feeling it too risky to go all in for a superstar?

While these moves might gradually improve Toronto's chances to keep Bosh, I'd still rate it as more likely than not he'll depart--it's not like they've suddenly put themselves in the title hunt or anything. It would still seem he'd be a lot better off signing with Miami (if Wade stays) or Chicago with Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, who really truly expects the Bulls to get anyone of significance in 2010? There's less than a 1% chance that LeBron and DWade leave their teams, so going for them makes no sense. Bosh won't leave if the Raptors have a successful season so chances of getting him are growing slimmer. Amare is probably the closest thing to a guarantee to go elsewhere followed by Boozer. Then there Joe Johnson. Now the best thing for the Bulls in that wonderful FA class is Amare, which would be absolutely wonderful, but I'm going to bet it won't happen. FA class of 2010 will result in nothing of significance for the Bulls, I'm calling it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well, they had to give it a go. What they had up to this point is not good enough and not close to being good enough. Moves had to be made, imagine if they spent their money on mediocre players and left no money for 2010. It would be chaotic and people would be calling for everybody's head in the organization. So we will see what happens. If they at least land Joe Johnson, that is something...

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Honestly, who really truly expects the Bulls to get anyone of significance in 2010? There's less than a 1% chance that LeBron and DWade leave their teams, so going for them makes no sense. Bosh won't leave if the Raptors have a successful season so chances of getting him are growing slimmer. Amare is probably the closest thing to a guarantee to go elsewhere followed by Boozer. Then there Joe Johnson. Now the best thing for the Bulls in that wonderful FA class is Amare, which would be absolutely wonderful, but I'm going to bet it won't happen. FA class of 2010 will result in nothing of significance for the Bulls, I'm calling it.

If you say so . . .

I just don't see why adding Turkoglu and then more minor moves have completely revamped people's opinions on Bosh and Toronto. I don't see any reason to assume that simply a good season makes a guy who supposedly was a sure thing to go, now suddenly stay, on a team that doesn't seem to have the potential to be anything better than pretty good at its best.

I think one can't totally rule out Bosh or Wade to Bulls. That's not to say I'm making any sort of 99% proclamation--I'd simply rate it as possible. I can see no reason why the Bulls couldn't nab Amare, Boozer or Johnson if they indeed wanted to pay them, and frankly, any of those guys makes this team a lot better, yet alone the possibility of say Boozer + Johnson at the same time, which greatly improves the team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PJ Brown wrote:
clonetrooper264 wrote:

If you say so . . .

I just don't see why adding Turkoglu and then more minor moves have completely revamped people's opinions on Bosh and Toronto. I don't see any reason to assume that simply a good season makes a guy who supposedly was a sure thing to go, now suddenly stay, on a team that doesn't seem to have the potential to be anything better than pretty good at its best.

I think one can't totally rule out Bosh or Wade to Bulls. That's not to say I'm making any sort of 99% proclamation--I'd simply rate it as possible. I can see no reason why the Bulls couldn't nab Amare, Boozer or Johnson if they indeed wanted to pay them, and frankly, any of those guys makes this team a lot better, yet alone the possibility of say Boozer + Johnson at the same time, which greatly improves the team.
Yes, anything is possible and Wade coming here or Bosh coming here is included in that statement. I'm just saying it probably won't happen. IF we do get Boozer and Joe Johnson I will do backflips and give all sorts of praise to the Bulls' front office, but until that happens, I'll stick to my prediction. Of course, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Hedo is a decent enough player, but lets not forget they've swapped Marion for him, and this is a team that won only 33 games last year. They're still a good chance to miss the playoffs.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
mlewinth wrote:

That team is looking pretty good, some more bench depth is needed but they will be fine. I can see them in the 40-15 win range.
I don't think its that cut and dry, they are going to be very thin on the bench, relying on a rookie a lot and will have a bottom 5 defense.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Toronto has a chance. They were an up and coming team until they hit a road bump last year. I don't think their mix of talent is better this year, but a fresh start and some better luck might land them better results. They fired the coach mid season and then took a real nose dive.

I predict them to win around 35-38 games, but it wouldn't be crazy for them to have a few things bounce their way and win 43-45 games.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Toronto has a chance. They were an up and coming team until they hit a road bump last year. I don't think their mix of talent is better this year, but a fresh start and some better luck might land them better results. They fired the coach mid season and then took a real nose dive.

I predict them to win around 35-38 games, but it wouldn't be crazy for them to have a few things bounce their way and win 43-45 games.

If Bargs improves and Calderon stays healthy I see good things. They are kind of thin on the bench but I think Jerry will add some nice vets. Bosh has to be happy than he was last month though right DT?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

If Bargs improves and Calderon stays healthy I see good things. They are kind of thin on the bench but I think Jerry will add some nice vets. Bosh has to be happy than he was last month though right DT?

they really dont have any depth. they added a nice back up pg in jack. I'm not sure how much sallary they have left. rocko ukic is terrible. he's a horrible shooter. i cant see him playing back up sg. They have a rookie starting two guard. i'm not sure how much he will be able to contribute. Hedo will soon be on the decline on a terrible contract. ten million for the next 5 years for a guy in his 30's. i see him pulling a peja. they traded kapano away. they lack a back up sf. Reggie evans is a decent defensive pick up, but he cant be counted on to do much offensively. i'm not sold on bargani. he doesnt have impressive defensive skills. he hangs out on the perimeter. Really you want your center staying in the peremter all the time? Bosh isn't an amazing post player. he's more of a midrange kind of guy. is Baragani really a compliment to bosh? I dont think he is. he forces bosh to play out of position. As a result, bosh has to guard bigger stronger guys on the post, then he get's injured. really this is your number one draft pick. baragani. way to go toronto.

Also marion wasn't a bad player. In fact he was a great fit for toronto. Baragni doesnt really play defense. Marion is a defensive sf. He rebounds. He can dunk. He can hit the open shot. Also he can play the pf. I'm not sure how much of an improvement hedo would have been to marion. Furthermore marion's contract is look way better.

If anything i like the addition of jarret jack. Calderon is a great shooter, but is he a great pg? i dont see it. Although he did rack up 20 assists on the bulls. Maybe i'm missing something on calderon. i like his shooting though.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
The Toronto Raptors continued their makeover, signing free agent point guard Jarrett Jack to an offer sheet on Monday.

It is estimated to be worth $20 million over four years.

do they have any caproom left?
i suppose everything depends on if they're capable of signing kleiza and delfino.