You dummies who want to trade Robinson

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears should try and get something done long term with Robinson. We have a young QB and playing games at #1 WR seems foolish.

20/season would be my max. After that we would need to explore other options.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Most people who even consider a trade only do so because they think a rob won't stay. And if they don't I don't blame them. Better to get something than nothing. Only issue is who is going to do his job? Wimps is the closest thing you have body wise and a combination of jimmy g and kmet talent wise in terms of a possession receiver. None of the three come close to the talent or ideal replacement. Every person in this group gets it.

But if you think a rob and a bunch of speedsters get a title there is no sure thing of that. Hell we got robinson at a discount give his talent because he wan thought as injury prone. Many were worried he wouldn't be able to stay on the field.

I mean, exactly this.

ALL of us, and I mean ALL of us want A-Rob to stay.

But if they can't work out something, I'd rather get something for him than nothing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's because interception hand offs don't count as drops.
:p

I'm glad he's here but I'd be looking to draft a replacement. One nice thing about his game is that it doesn't rely on speed so he should be serviceable for a while.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Well with him never being below a 69.0 and last year being a 88.4, how could anyone ever consider trading him? I mean when a guy is an 88.4 that's like...it means... well it's...well I don't have fuck clue what a PFF score of 88.4 is but is sure is hell is better than an 88.3.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well with him never being below a 69.0 and last year being a 88.4, how could anyone ever consider trading him? I mean when a guy is an 88.4 that's like...it means... well it's...well I don't have fuck clue what a PFF score of 88.4 is but is sure is hell is better than an 88.3.
What's a "quote mongo?"
kid_cringe.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over the last two seasons, Bears quarterbacks averaged 6.3 passing yards per attempt, which is the lowest figure in the NFL over that span. They placed in the bottom 10 in passing yards per game (234.3), touchdown-to-interception ratio (46:28) and passer rating (85.3).

Despite the exceptional inconsistency under center, Robinson finished in the top 10 in the NFL in receiving yards (1,250) while logging a career-high 102 receptions. He posted 12 games with 70 or more receiving yards last season, tying with NFL receiving yards leader Stefon Diggs for the most such games in the NFL. Since 2019, Robinson ranks in the top three among wide receivers in receptions (200), receiving yards (2,397) and receiving first downs (131). Among the few players ahead of Robinson in each of those categories is DeAndre Hopkins, the NFL's highest-paid player at the position. Hopkins (2,572) and Diggs (2,665) are the only receivers with more receiving yards than Robinson over that span.

Oh, and in addition to producing at an elite level, Robinson has pretty much singlehandedly carried the Bears' passing attack. He has produced 22.6 percent of the Bears scrimmage yards since 2019 -- only Washington's Terry McLaurin (39.6) has accounted for a higher percentage of his team's offense. Coming off two consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, Robinson is one more away from becoming the first Bears player to hit at least 1,000 receiving yards in three different seasons with the team.
----

But go on and tell me how replaceable this guy is

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Over the last two seasons, Bears quarterbacks averaged 6.3 passing yards per attempt, which is the lowest figure in the NFL over that span. They placed in the bottom 10 in passing yards per game (234.3), touchdown-to-interception ratio (46:28) and passer rating (85.3).

Despite the exceptional inconsistency under center, Robinson finished in the top 10 in the NFL in receiving yards (1,250) while logging a career-high 102 receptions. He posted 12 games with 70 or more receiving yards last season, tying with NFL receiving yards leader Stefon Diggs for the most such games in the NFL. Since 2019, Robinson ranks in the top three among wide receivers in receptions (200), receiving yards (2,397) and receiving first downs (131). Among the few players ahead of Robinson in each of those categories is DeAndre Hopkins, the NFL's highest-paid player at the position. Hopkins (2,572) and Diggs (2,665) are the only receivers with more receiving yards than Robinson over that span.

Oh, and in addition to producing at an elite level, Robinson has pretty much singlehandedly carried the Bears' passing attack. He has produced 22.6 percent of the Bears scrimmage yards since 2019 -- only Washington's Terry McLaurin (39.6) has accounted for a higher percentage of his team's offense. Coming off two consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, Robinson is one more away from becoming the first Bears player to hit at least 1,000 receiving yards in three different seasons with the team.
----

But go on and tell me how replaceable this guy is
What is the highest annual amount you would pay him?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
And that isn’t unreasonable. I still think it’s a bit high, but not unreasonable.

My point is I have a feeling he wants more.
Hopefully with Fields coming in, they can work something out. I personally think he would put up monster numbers

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I thought the Amari Cooper contract was fair:

Screenshot_20210512-115327_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Soft cap hit the first year for a cap strapped Bears and most of the guaranteed money paid out after two years if you think it's too much cash for dwindling production.

Robinson may want more guarantees though.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
With no QB here I wanted no part of Robinson. It was financially a waste of money. It’s different now after the draft. I’m open to paying him now, but I’d prefer no more than a 3 year deal.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
He’s a great player, but he would also bring back a great player in other areas of need. I still think they could have had Orlando Brown Jr for A Rob after seeing what the Chiefs gave up. Kind of important to have a big time LT if you’re planning to have a franchise QB. At least if you didn’t go to the Jerry Angelo or Grigson school of GM.

Also despite being a great player, he’s not a game changer worth $20 million. I didn’t see that 30th ranked offense change status since he’s been here. That’s not all on him obviously but IMO, not a game changing talent. Failed to sell high. Will watch him walk for a comp pick next off season.

I don’t think it’s out of any disrespect ppl might feel this way, I’d rather have a great O-line than a overpaid receiver