You guys keep watching this clown show, I've got better things to do with my Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know who is the one and only true fan of the Chicago Bears? This guy:

images

waldo? :shifty:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You guys take this game way too seriously. I'm as passionate about football and the Bears as anybody, and I want very much to see them do well. But it is just a game. Try to keep things in perspective.
I thought you would get the sarcasm. Should have known better....
I'll watch every game, whether the Bears are a 3-13 team or a 13-3 team, because they are "my" team. I love it when they make good plays and I'm disappointed when I see them turn over the ball or go "3 and out," but after the game is over I don't feel angry or pissed off. I've been entertained (sometimes more, sometimes less) and after it's over nothing in my life has changed. It's just football and life goes on.
I'll never be angry at the Bears the rest of this season, because I won't be watching them the rest of the season.
Abraham Lincoln once said that "people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." I consider it a weakness to let things like sports, bad drivers, rude people, etc., affect or determine my happiness. Why would I give that power to people who have no control over my life?
See above. My post was more sarcastic than anything.
Tomorrow is another day and next week is another game, and there are too many good things in life to dwell on the negative. I'll keep watching the Bears good or bad ... and I'll be fine.
I'm with ya man. I got a lot of good things going on for myself right now. Too much to really give a damn about the Bears. If they were better, it would be the icing on my cake and I'd watch them as much as I can. Given how they are playing though, I just don't care to watch them. Instead of watching this past game, I worked on stuff for work, and got a lot accomplished around my house. It was great, and I'm looking forward to doing that again this Sunday.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
It will also help that the Bears aren't playing this Sunday, Prope. :dunno:

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
See how little I care?

I guess I didn't even realize that this was their bye week, either. I'll be damned. I guess I have disconnected from this team even more than I thought. Time to start enjoying my family on Sundays instead of parking my ass in front of the TV and getting upset.

No malice or bad will intended toward the rest of the team at all - I wish them nothing but the best. I just don't want to waste my time anymore - my girls are growing up and will soon be at the point where they don't want to be seen with me - might as well enjoy it!
;)

I experienced this same disconnect with professional baseball (after the '94 strike and steroid scandals) and professional basketball (after the Bulls were broken up). I guess this was probably inevitable. I don't really have a guilty feeling about it at all, if that's possible - this has been brewing for a few years now, and I've found myself just turning off the set and doing something I enjoy when I don't feel they're giving me my "money's worth" on Sundays.

Strange - I couldn't picture it happening even just a few years ago, but I really don't need this team to occupy my time anymore....imagine that.

I'd much rather come here and talk to you guys about things than watch the actual games - isn't that weird?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
No malice or bad will intended toward the rest of the team at all - I wish them nothing but the best.
Same here. If they start playing the way I expect my favorite football team to play, I'll be back watching them. Until then, my football priorities will be about the team at the high school I teach at as the playoffs are starting.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Same here. If they start playing the way I expect my favorite football team to play, I'll be back watching them. Until then, my football priorities will be about the team at the high school I teach at as the playoffs are starting.

I'm kind of the same way - there's just a lot of other things more important in my life right now that truly give me joy: watching the local team roll through the playoffs (a lot of them were students I had when I taught at the local high school), teaching the low achieving kids I have at the middle school I'm at now (maybe that's what is sucking up all my energy and getting my priorities straight - who knows?), and of course, spending quality time with the wife and the kids, family and friends. None of those things have anything to do with the Bears, so I guess they're on the back burner for a while.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
I don't get many Bears games up here in the northwoods and could care less about the queens or fudgepackers so ................. I get in the boat and go fishing !

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I have it made some week I just home after watching the Broncos play and without turning on the TV to watch the game I recorded and get on the computer and if we win I watch the game if not I delete it.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
So who's watching this clown show this weekend?

I am!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've found better things to do with my life than be on here most of the time and probably will soon after this again but hey, 3 hours on Sunday not a lot of time to take interest in... I don't rag on fans wanting success and all but random other ones who say they deserve it or earned it annoys me.

Sports can be enjoyed for sport to me win or loose

BearMan2010

Liked Posts:
I am a BEARS fan for life ! Win, loose, Draw !
:beer:

Last edited:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I always have to watch the Bears (or any of my teams for that matter) when I can. I always figure that has to do with them not being on a lot around here. So when Detroit gets blacked our, or the Bears are on nationally or something I usually make that my priority for those few hours.

For all my teams I wish they would do well, but if not, whatever. I'm going to buy MLB extra innings this spring so I can watch the Sox every night after class, and I would do it even if I was a Royals fan. I know some people prefer to not give them interest (as a boycott, not because their "untrue") when the team is mismanaged, run and coached poorly, and I can completely understand and respect that. But that type of thing isn't I would do personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.