You wanna fix this team...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You're at a rebuild point now due to poor management decisions.

We were at a rebuild point 4 years ago!

The o line was awful... The receivers were terrible... We still have zero drafted defensive ends on the team... Wtf seriously?

We busted on 2 offensive tackles who later moved to guard who are now on some of the worst teams in the league...

If Urlacher didn't play for this franchise we might have been the worst franchise for an entire decade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
No I'm saying why would any GM in their right mind want to trade for him at this point? It makes no sense with how poorly the offense is under-performing thanks in large part to Cutler's inability to improve his game. They might as well just draft someone else and start fresh with someone that still can be coached up and has potential to be a long term answer. Additionally if you're only getting a measly 6th or 7th round pick in return then you might as well keep him on the roster and ride it out until the guaranteed portion of his deal is up and the next QB is on the roster and ready to step in and replace him.

Yup, his contract doesn't help either.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
No I'm saying why would any GM in their right mind want to trade for him at this point? It makes no sense with how poorly the offense is under-performing thanks in large part to Cutler's inability to improve his game. They might as well just draft someone else and start fresh with someone that still can be coached up and has potential to be a long term answer. Additionally if you're only getting a measly 6th or 7th round pick in return then you might as well keep him on the roster and ride it out until the guaranteed portion of his deal is up and the next QB is on the roster and ready to step in and replace him.

To be clear, when you trade a player under contract any unpaid guarantee, dead money, bonuses and everything else left on it becomes the responsibility of the team trading for the player. In some cases the team trading away the player can assume responsibility for a portion of the remaining monies owed to help sweeten the deal and ensure the trade happens.

Yup, his contract doesn't help either.

And Cutlers contract only has $16 million left in guaranteed monies spread over years 2, $10 million, and years 3, $6 million. So the team that trades for him isn't burying themselves in dead/guaranteed money.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be clear, when you trade a player under contract any unpaid guarantee, dead money, bonuses and everything else left on it becomes the responsibility of the team trading for the player. In some cases the team trading away the player can assume responsibility for a portion of the remaining monies owed to help sweeten the deal and ensure the trade happens.

Um thanks for the needless explanation but I didn't say his contract was the key issue at play here, it's his lackluster performance.

But since you mention it, why the hell would anyone want to take on whatever is left on his contract and give up picks for a guy that's failing to live up to his potential and regressing as the season goes on? It makes absolutely no sense. If Cutler was actually playing good football and wasn't embarrassing himself out there it'd be one thing but as things stand now it's a pipe dream... unless the guy puts on a QB clinic these last few weeks of course, but if that happens you might as well just ride it out like I said before.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

And Cutlers contract only has $16 million left in guaranteed monies spread over years 2, $10 million, and years 3, $6 million. So the team that trades for him isn't burying themselves in dead/guaranteed money.

Okay, and you think his contract helps to trade him? It's not like I think the Bears actually have him for 6 more years.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
Um thanks for the needless explanation but I didn't say his contract was the key issue at play here, it's his lackluster performance.

But since you mention it, why the hell would anyone want to take on whatever is left on his contract and give up picks for a guy that's failing to live up to his potential and regressing as the season goes on? It makes absolutely no sense. If Cutler was actually playing good football and wasn't embarrassing himself out there it'd be one thing but as things stand now it's a pipe dream... unless the guy puts on a QB clinic these last few weeks of course, but if that happens you might as well just ride it out like I said before.

My response was mainly in response to "Additionally if you're only getting a measly 6th or 7th round pick in return then you might as well keep him on the roster and ride it out until the guaranteed portion of his deal is up." And in response I was giving you a reason why you would take a low draft pick for Cutler. Not trying to pick a fight just providing opinions and perspective on situations.

Okay, and you think his contract helps to trade him? It's not like I think the Bears actually have him for 6 more years.

Yes. I think his contract is a selling point. Another franchise looking for a starting QB or at very least a stop gap would take a chance on Cutler knowing that they are only in for $16 million and can dump him after 1 year.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok so cutler is the only reason this offense has regressed? that's what we are sayin plug in any other qb in the world and we are rolling off fiffy rocks on everyone ok got ya

mecha

Liked Posts:
ok so cutler is the only reason this offense has regressed? that's what we are sayin plug in any other qb in the world and we are rolling off fiffy rocks on everyone ok got ya

hurt receivers. shuffled (and weaker) OL. Forte's the only player that's been consistent, and the defense gives up so many points he doesn't even get to run the ball anymore.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Guys you don't see NFL teams explode like this very often. It's not going to change this season OR PROBABLY IN THE NEXT TWO AS WE REBUILD THE TEAM, so enjoy the show.

IFYP

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Here is all you need to know as to why all the coaches need to be fired at the end of the season.

When fuller came in that game in replacement for Tillman he lit it up, and he did the same for the next game as well. Now granted he got dinged up, but no one can tell me that since then he seems to have slipped from a guy that looked like he had a nose for the game, to a guy that looks lost out there like the rest of the team. That's coaching all the way.

And for these coaches to be allowed to lie to us by saying they are doing a good job in practice, putting players in position to make plays, having the players behind them, should be enough to get Emry fired as well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
hurt receivers. shuffled (and weaker) OL. Forte's the only player that's been consistent, and the defense gives up so many points he doesn't even get to run the ball anymore.

I love it when people analyze! Absolutely true.