Your 2013 First Round Pick... Cordarrelle Patterson

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes you're not the 4.5 guy, you're the "quick but not able to take off the top" guy. I noticed you cherry picked that post and failed to address the rest.

I do not think he has the speed to do so. Sorry if I want clear. He losses too much speed coming out of his breaks. May he develop better route running in the NFL? Absolutely! His cuts in the open field remind me of Reggie Bush. Whose exceptional speed was marginalized at the NFL level. That said I've never seen a wr with Patterson's vision. He will make people miss. Those 60 yard gains from 8 yard routes he is used to meeting at the collegiate level however will be 20 yard gains. He will be an asset, Im just not sold that he will be what many are hyping him up to be.

Again..... as I've said I won't be upset if we draft him. He doesn't have to be the best route runner right now. He doesnt have to be our number 1 wr. He has time and room to grow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I do not think he has the speed to do so. Sorry if I want clear. He losses too much speed coming out of his breaks. May he develop better route running in the NFL? Absolutely! His cuts in the open field remind me of Reggie Bush. Whose exceptional speed was marginalized at the NFL level. That said I've never seen a wr with Patterson's vision. He will make people miss. Those 60 yard gains from 8 yard routes he is used to meeting at the collegiate level however will be 20 yard gains. He will be an asset, Im just not sold that he will be what many are hyping him up to be.

Again..... as I've said I won't be upset if we draft him. He doesn't have to be the best route runner right now. He doesnt have to be our number 1 wr. He has time and room to grow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey we're basically on the same page. Whatever happens, we need an impact guy that can contribute from day one. That's why Eifert is intriguing as well. Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be interesting...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here's the other side of the argument... Let the games begin...

"There was a time when Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson was being considered as the second receiver to come off the board. No longer. There are issues with maturity and football acumen. He is one year removed from junior college and remains very raw, and teams are clearly getting scared off. Teams love his ability to get yards after the catch. But can he figure out where he needs to be on the field. Some position coaches have been very turned off about his knowledge of routes and the overall passing game. "No way is he going in the first round," one GM said."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22095728/nfl-draft-not-sexy-yet-unpredictable-well-after-tackles-are-gone

There are some other interesting draft observations contained in the link as well...

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
I really think this guy is going to struggle. Definitely a boom/bust prospect, and my personal hunch is bust. I would rather have his teammate Hunter over him TBH.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's the other side of the argument... Let the games begin...

"There was a time when Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson was being considered as the second receiver to come off the board. No longer. There are issues with maturity and football acumen. He is one year removed from junior college and remains very raw, and teams are clearly getting scared off. Teams love his ability to get yards after the catch. But can he figure out where he needs to be on the field. Some position coaches have been very turned off about his knowledge of routes and the overall passing game. "No way is he going in the first round," one GM said."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22095728/nfl-draft-not-sexy-yet-unpredictable-well-after-tackles-are-gone

There are some other interesting draft observations contained in the link as well...

At this time of the year it could very well he teams trying to push down his value.

His stock seams all over the place.

All I know is this guy is dangerous with the ball in his hands and is truly a playmaker. That gift cannot be taught and is not all about speed.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I really think this guys is going to struggle. Definitley a boom/bust prospect, and my personal hunch is bust. I would rather have his teammate Hunter over him TBH.

I like Hunter as well. Greg Cosell says he's the number one WR prospect.

"While many analysts have Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson ranked as the No. 1 wide receiver this year, Cosell views teammate Justin Hunter as "the most intriguing" and "the most physically talented" wideout on the board.

"(Hunter) is, without question, the most explosive as a route runner with his long body, route fluidity, vertical speed and playmaking ability at the catch point," Cosell writes on Yahoo!'s Shutdown Corner blog.

Returning from a 2011 anterior cruciate ligament injury, Hunter showed a tendency toward mental mistakes and drops despite out-producing Patterson last season. Cosell concedes that Hunter is far from a finished product, but the tape shows a "smooth, supple and explosive" player.

Those physical traits were on display when Hunter blew up the NFL Scouting Combine, leading all receivers in the vertical (39½ inches) and broad jump (11-foot-4) while blazing a 4.44-second 40-yard dash at 6-foot-4 and nearly 200 pounds.

Cosell compares Hunter to a more raw A.J. Green based on body type and fluid strides. Others have thrown out Randy Moss' name due to similarities in height, length and movement.

Billed as a future Pro Bowl pick at the time, Hunter set a school record for most receiving yards in the first two games of a season before suffering the ACL injury. Cosell believes he's recaptured the "legitimate acceleration and vertical explosion that clearly projects to the NFL" and "will impact games."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160371/article/justin-hunter-is-top-wr-in-nfl-draft-greg-cosell-says

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Not that I put much stock in Sport Science but they did say that Cordarrell had the fastest reaction time and fasted to 20mph time they have tested. Reaction time is god givin and cannot be improved much through training. If he played one more year at Tennessee he would be a top 10 pick next year. Why not take him now if he is there at 20?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I agree this kid is a play-maker... period...

Emery has to do enough in free agency to allow us to truly go BPA at 20. There are a ton of scenarios out there in "mock draft land" but there is a chance that we may have our choice of this kid and most likely the top two tight ends. I want a player at 20 that has the potential to be great and not just a guy that fits a need. Also, I wonder what Phil does if a top ranked defender (on his board) slips to 20? I hope at least three QBs are taken before 20. Each one selected pushes a better player to us.

If we add Bushrod and a guard in free agency, Patterson in round one, Larry Warford in round two and Travis Kelce in the 4th... I would be a happy Bear fan.

So this is a post I put up pre draft last year. The Bears did add Bushrod and a FA guard (Slauson). Would they be better now with Patterson and Warford or Long and Bostic? Interesting debate...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
312160d1319392152-man-killed-uncle-because-his-brother-mating-his-cousin-weird_kid_fap.gif

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So this is a post I put up pre draft last year. The Bears did add Bushrod and a FA guard (Slauson). Would they be better now with Patterson and Warford or Long and Bostic? Interesting debate...
Hard to say because then I don't think we get a breakout season from Jeffery IMO.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If we picked Patterson we would have the best WR corps in the league for a few years... Being unbalanced in football works... its one of the only sports where you can pull off being unbalanced... if we went all offense and settled with what we had on defense... we could be a very scary team...

When I looked at this I saw something very rare... he has the ability to accelerate from 0 to top speed in the blink of an eye... His agility is unrivaled in this years draft... his physicality and size are a great weapon together...

He should be a top 5 pick...

They say he is a bad route runner... and isn't the brightest kid in the world... bad wonderlic score or whatever... but from what I see he makes plays... when the ball goes his way... and his YAC from Running after the catch is unbelievable...

The kid has a very unique talent that you don't see in many drafts... size elusiveness physicality catching running agility acceleration... he is like Josh Cribbs with better hands acceleration and athleticism...

This is from last year before the season started...

I was with you Playthrough...

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
The answer is Kiko Alonso in the first and Warford in the second.

How about Alonso and then Long, in the second? ....or were the Packers and Patriots both looking to take Long, in the first?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
How about Alonso and then Long, in the second? ....or were the Packers and Patriots both looking to take Long, in the first?

The Colts reportedly were, and I think another team in the 20s

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2