Your 2016 Bears Record Predictions

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We've now seen the meaningful preseason games.

What do you think the Bears finish at?

I have the Bears at 6-10.

Wins over:
vs Philly
vs Detroit
vs Jacksonville
vs Minnesota
vs San Francisco
@ Detroit

5-3 at home. 1-7 on the road.

Start out the season 4-4, stumble down the stretch to a 2-6 finish.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
10-6 just because I'm overly optimistic for no good reason.

Just miss out on a wild card, but the last game of the season counts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7-9.... we will continue to struggle, but do enough to keep ourselves both out of the playoffs but also out of the top 10 in the draft.

Yay mediocrity!

Nick80

Liked Posts:
4-7 wins based upon how many yards and minutes we can use up running the ball on a one cut scheme.

Cutler 'regresses' people go bat shit crazy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I always set my beginning season prediction clock to 10-6. 85% of teams with that record make the playoffs. Not until the Bears are 0-7 will I need to adjust to 9-7 which still is slightly better than 50/50 to make it. #blueskys

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
10-6 for the same reason that Burque mentioned. I will always be optimistic. Every year the Bears will let me down, until the year they don't at which point I will finally know true happiness.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hmmm..

I see 7-9 due to the easier schedule.

Wins over Philly, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, green bay, Washington.

Agree with continued mediocrity.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
@ Texans (L)
Eagles (W)
@ Cowboys (L)
Lions (W)
@ Colts (L)
Jaguars (L)
@ Packers (L)
Vikings (L)
@ Buccaneers (W)
@ Giants (L)
Titans (L)
49ers (W)
@ Lions (L)
Packers (L)
Redskins (L)
@ Vikings (L)

I see 4 wins. Possibly 4-7 total wins. Those saying 10 wins are high.

Texans are a MUCH improved team. Eagles are a question mark in a lot of areas. I thought Dallas would be an NFC contender until a week ago. Unsure of Prescott, but they are so many other offensive weapons. Colts are better and healthy. Jags are a MUCH improved team. Packers are the Packers. Lions and Bears will probably split with each team winning home games. Titans are much better. Niners will suck. Redskins are a question mark to me. Giant will be much better.

I have the final games against the Redskins and Vikes as losses as both will be playing for WC spots and the games will be meaningless for the Bears.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We've now seen the meaningful preseason games.

What do you think the Bears finish at?

I have the Bears at 6-10.

Wins over:
vs Philly
vs Detroit
vs Jacksonville
vs Minnesota
vs San Francisco
@ Detroit

5-3 at home. 1-7 on the road.

Start out the season 4-4, stumble down the stretch to a 2-6 finish.

I am surprised you have detroit down as 2 wins... I am going 5-11 with a split on detroit.

The loss of bennett and Forte are enough to equal the loss of Megatron for detroit, and that is if Jeffrey was 100% and white was looking decent... White looks almost inept at this point and I am uncertain what Jeffrey will look like.

With the downgrades on the line, and the way detroits defense has given cutler fits the past few years, an even split even seems hopeful to me.

I also think the Vikings sweep chicago, and the 5th win comes from a surprise outing against a strong team.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am surprised you have detroit down as 2 wins... I am going 5-11 with a split on detroit.

The loss of bennett and Forte are enough to equal the loss of Megatron for detroit, and that is if Jeffrey was 100% and white was looking decent... White looks almost inept at this point and I am uncertain what Jeffrey will look like.

With the downgrades on the line, and the way detroits defense has given cutler fits the past few years, an even split even seems hopeful to me.

I also think the Vikings sweep chicago, and the 5th win comes from a surprise outing against a strong team.
I usually always split Detroit, with the Bears losing there, but I just think that this year the Bears pull that one out. Plus I had to give the Bears a road win :aj:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I usually always split Detroit, with the Bears losing there, but I just think that this year the Bears pull that one out. Plus I had to give the Bears a road win :aj:

Love the optimism.

I would like to see a detroit win- 6 losses in a row against them is just dismal. Their defense really seems to fuck up the bears pass game. And for some reason, the bears abandon the run against them.
Forte had 20+ carries only a single time in the past 6 detroit games. It would be nice to see a chicago coach slow down the pass rush with a shit-load of runs.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hmmm..

Wins over Philly, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, San Francisco, green bay, Washington.

I disagree.

Philly? Yes.

Dallas - it's in Dallas and even with Prescott, Dallas is a MUCH better team. That offense is stacked.

Detroit - will battle Bears for 3rd in the division.

Minnesota - a playoff team that was a chip shot FG fuckup away from the second round. They are just better than the Bears.

San Fran - Chip Kelly, Kaep controversy and Blaine Gabbert. Bears get 'revenge' from last year

Green Bay - nope.

Wash - a playoff team last year who will fight for a Wild Card spot probably playing a game that matters. I see that as an L.

I guess the real question is which game will Cutler get hurt in? Happens every season. Which one is it this year?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
8-8. Better than most people think but not good enough to get a whiff of the playoffs. If everyone gets and stays healthy and they get some breaks and some teams stumble maybe 9 or 10 but a lot of things have to go there way to get to 8-8, much less any more wines.

JD

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:

Again, I'd rather see 1-15 and Deshaun Watson next year than 6-10 with no playoffs and is picking some "athletic freak"

Liked Posts:
8-8 & not a promising with hope for the future 8-8 as long as this org. stays hitched to the same old QB & their same old antics. Antics meaning that the F.O. & their media machine convince the fanbase that the defense needs to be addressed first & foremost every single offseason, in spite of the offense being worse & ranked lower than the defense during every single season for God only knows how many consecutive years now..

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love the optimism.

I would like to see a detroit win- 6 losses in a row against them is just dismal. Their defense really seems to fuck up the bears pass game. And for some reason, the bears abandon the run against them.
Forte had 20+ carries only a single time in the past 6 detroit games. It would be nice to see a chicago coach slow down the pass rush with a shit-load of runs.

Wow, that's a hell of a stat

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hmmm..

To tell you the truth, I dread the dallas game.
I fear that their stout o-line will blow open holes for the running game, the bears will put 8 in the box to stop the run and dare the rookie to beat them, and there will be 2 or 3 easy pitch and catch tds for Prescott... and the bears will stoke the fire for a full blown QB controversy in Dallas.
I predict that being the dominant conversation after week 3... "does Prescott keep the job after Romo heals?"

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow, that's a hell of a stat

It is, and I think that contributed mightily to the woes of the passing game.

What is worse, is that that was an overtime game. he did have 21 attempts in regulation... and that was the closest the bears came to beating them in the last 6 games.