Your draft day Bears QB prediction..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
trask.jpg

The top 5 are going to be gone quickly and the Bears have other holes to fill instead of mortgaging the future.

Why did Trubisky fail: He wasn't accurate with the deep ball and didn't see the field well.
What does Trask do well: Sees the field well and throws a beautiful deep ball.

This is a pocket passer that Nagy can work with. I predict the Bears move up just a little bit in the second round and grab him in the middle of the second. Mond lacks the deep accuracy that Nagy wants and Mills hasn't shown he can consistently go through all the reads. Trask is the 2nd or 3rd best pure passer in the draft.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If I had to bet, I would put my money on the Bears not taking a QB before the 3rd round, which means we'd just get some someone to sit for a couple years and hope we catch lightning in a bottle.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
justin fields @ 20

maxresdefault.jpg

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think Trask is Matt Jones light, i watched a thing last night where he was w/ Mooch and mooch likes the kid

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Trask - I hate Florida Gators QBs.. ( much love to the sex cannon ). I think they can actually set him up nicely IF they draft an tackle at 20 AND they don't start him until 2022.

My fear is they're gonna go CB or WR with #20 and then get behind in the draft and not pick a tackle until the later rounds. Which would be unfortunate because Dalton's gonna get murdered behind Leno.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I predict not 1 of the top 5 quarterbacks will win a super bowl with the team that drafts them

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't see anyway the bears take one of the top 5 Qb's at #20

If one is sliding there is no way Pace doesn't trade up to draft him.....even Jones who Pace will think he needs to jump above 15 to draft before NE takes him.

If he has "conviction" on someone I can smell the dispersion kick in around pick #7

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think that the Bears are going to try and get one of the top 5, and will not get a deal done.

They will take BPA at 20 and Mond at 52.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
View attachment 11493

The top 5 are going to be gone quickly and the Bears have other holes to fill instead of mortgaging the future.

Why did Trubisky fail: He wasn't accurate with the deep ball and didn't see the field well.
What does Trask do well: Sees the field well and throws a beautiful deep ball.

This is a pocket passer that Nagy can work with. I predict the Bears move up just a little bit in the second round and grab him in the middle of the second. Mond lacks the deep accuracy that Nagy wants and Mills hasn't shown he can consistently go through all the reads. Trask is the 2nd or 3rd best pure passer in the draft.
I like the idea, but I don't think you would have to move up from #52 to get Trask. Of the three tier 2 quarterbacks most rate Trask as the third.

Having seen a number of Trask's games last year I can see why he is not considered a first round pick.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Kyle Trask - I hate Florida Gators QBs.. ( much love to the sex cannon ). I think they can actually set him up nicely IF they draft an tackle at 20 AND they don't start him until 2022.

My fear is they're gonna go CB or WR with #20 and then get behind in the draft and not pick a tackle until the later rounds. Which would be unfortunate because Dalton's gonna get murdered behind Leno.
Little in round 2 is my guy to replace Leno. Knee injury I think knocked him out in 2019 and he opted out in 2020. Ran a 4.8 recently so hopefully the knee is cleared up. I think he’ll be one of the steaks at T in the draft.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Either a huge trade up for Feilds or Lance with Miami or Mond in later round

Last edited:

atlcubbiebear

Liked Posts:
I don't see anyway the bears take one of the top 5 Qb's at #20

If one is sliding there is no way Pace doesn't trade up to draft him.....even Jones who Pace will think he needs to jump above 15 to draft before NE takes him.

If he has "conviction" on someone I can smell the dispersion kick in around pick #7
?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
but I don't think you would have to move up from #52 to get Trask. Of the three tier 2 quarterbacks most rate Trask as the third.
The grades are close. But just talking skill set, if you have to pick your poison of 1). lack of athleticism 2) lack of deep ball accuracy and 3) lack of ability to read the field... what would you pick? Knowing our history no way I am going with 2 or 3.

On moving up, its 70 points to go from 52 to 44. 70 points is a middle 4th round selection. That's not very much to give up if its a guy you think can start. He still may be there at 52 though, I know what you saying.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Why Mond over Trask?
Don't get me wrong I would get behind either one, BUT.

We have two older versions of Trask on the roster right now, and no one feels that we can get to a Super Bowl with them. So I feel that Mond gives us a shot at a higher ceiling.

The possibility of Trask becoming the next Tom Brady are slim, but I feel that the possibility of Mond becoming the next Russell Wilson are better.

I know that you view Mond as he has already reached his potential due to his long college career, but I disagree.

For me if you are taking a QB in the second round he is going to need to develop, and my gut is telling me Mond will be the guy to have more potential to be a difference maker.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Prediction? Sure. Fuck it.

Bears don't take a QB till the mid rounds and it'll be a random name nobody expected/talked about/examined/speculated over like Peyton Ramsey or Ian Book, maybe even Jaime Newman (who has been examined by this board's most esteemed scouts)...

Nelly

Liked Posts:
At #20, we're in prime position for another team to be able to move up and perhaps stop a guys' slide. If there's any trading going on for Pace, it's going to be downward to get a couple more bites at the apple in attempt to fill out some holes on the roster.