Your draft day Bears QB prediction..

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Bears get Fields at 8. Pace is not a wait-and-see guy.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong I would get behind either one, BUT.

We have two older versions of Trask on the roster right now, and no one feels that we can get to a Super Bowl with them. So I feel that Mond gives us a shot at a higher ceiling.

The possibility of Trask becoming the next Tom Brady are slim, but I feel that the possibility of Mond becoming the next Russell Wilson are better.

I know that you view Mond as he has already reached his potential due to his long college career, but I disagree.

For me if you are taking a QB in the second round he is going to need to develop, and my gut is telling me Mond will be the guy to have more potential to be a difference maker.
1) On your first point I totally disagree. Though Trask is less mobile than Mond he has more mobility and pocket presence than Foles and about the same as Dalton. He is also more accurate on the deep ball than either one and much more accurate on the long ball than Mond, even though Mond has the stronger arm.

2) Trask is no Brady and never will be, but then again there is not a pocket passer in the league that is even close. I think a better ceiling for Trask would be Carr, a pocket passer with a good but not great arm who needs everything around him to be a productive starter. I see Mond's pro comp as Kapernick due to the fact that both have had trouble with deep ball consistency.

3) Actually I don't think Mond or Trask has reached his potential, far from it as both need at least a year of development at the pro level.

4) Yes I agree a 2nd round QB needs time to develop. At this time in my opinion Trask is the more developed QB. Last year I saw a lot more of Trask's games than Mond's and that probably sways my opinion somewhat.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
My draft day QB prediction is that this CCS board is gonna require me to get lots of popcorn and enjoy the posts.