Your dream-team of Bulls events(non-player/coach/exec stuff)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Like the thread says. What kind of things would you love to see brought back outside of players/coaches/execs. What exists now that you want to keep, how you would you combine everything to have the best Bulls fan experience, outside of the game itself?

-Keep the Luvabulls, Benny, of course.
-Bring back Ray Clay
-Either get rid of that cheesy starting line-intro animation, or redo it with better CG textures, models and lighting.
-"The Imperial March" should only be used for rivals/division again, with "On The Run" for everyone else.
-Do Name that Tune promotions twice a season.
-Also make every new Bull do Singing with a Bull once, as part of their initiation, as a tradition, but don't force every player to do it in front of the crowd(doing it in front of the crowd can be seen as a badge of honor for rookies).
-Trade Funk with Swirsky. (would love Redd, among other guys to come back, but my mind is more thinking about what can be doable with guys that are both capable and alive).
-Bring back the 85-93 red uni's with glossy white letters and black numbers for alt-road jerseys.

Just stuff off the top of my head. Even when the team was bad, some of these events made the season a hell of a lot more fun.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
And I wonder why cheerleaders don't wear throwback uniforms when teams do throwback games(well, to be fair, the Laker girls still use the 70s-present alt uniform), and they can do throwback songs to of the era portrayed. Seems geeky, but I think that would be awesome. Since the Bulls didn't exist in the more conservative eras of basketball, they wouldn't be wearing sweaters and poms. Think a bulls themed uniform but with something similar to the current NCAA division I-II type of outfit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ray Clay by himself would make my experience infinitely better even sitting at home. Also agree on the "Imperial March" and "On the Run" thing.

I was also a fan of those videos in the beginning of the season where each player sorta introduced himself. They did that the past few seasons but I didn't see any this year.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ray Clay by himself would make my experience infinitely better even sitting at home. Also agree on the "Imperial March" and "On the Run" thing.

I was also a fan of those videos in the beginning of the season where each player sorta introduced himself. They did that the past few seasons but I didn't see any this year.

Yeah, you would think that was due diligence to the fans. Maybe comcast got some kind of exclusive story rights for stuff like that when the TV deals were renegotiated?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, you would think that was due diligence to the fans. Maybe comcast got some kind of exclusive story rights for stuff like that when the TV deals were renegotiated?
:smh:

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
For those of you too unfamiliar with Bulls history from the 70's I would bring back the original Benny the Bull. It was basically a big Bulls head and a red jumpsuit. Think the bull in the movie Bull Durham. But he was more into the game, reacting to the refs and less of kiddie entertainer. And maybe for just one night, Super fan. Before they had all those high priced courtside and end line seats he was the fat guy in his hand made T-shirt, I think some self appointed fan club president, who would rev up the crowd running laps and regularly wipeout.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah get rid of Funk