Dent
Singletary
Urlacher
Fencik
Hester
Hilgenberg
Covert
Tillman

There are current Bears who can make this list over time.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
10) Ted Washington - Drafted by the 49ers, had some great years in Denver and Buffalo, then joined the Bears. He was a monster of a man and helped propel that 2001 defense to new heights. While he was only here a short time, his impact was monsterous.

9) Tommie Harris - For a few years there, he was perhaps the most dominant defensive tackle in the game. However, injuries really devastated his young career and negatively impacted the team. It's a real shame.

8) Jim Flanigan - a one time fan favorite that many people forget played for the Bears because he was stuck on terrible team after terrible team. During a six year span at defensive tackle, he ripped off 42.5 sacks or 7 sacks a year during that period. Many people overrated Mike Wells at this time, but to me, the talent was always Jim. I'm rating him higher than Tommie only due to longevity and the fact that he is largely forgotten.

7) Devin Hester - Unfortunately, he was only able to really produce for 2-3 years until Lovie and the league screwed it up. If you have the most exciting player at a position you don't add rules to prevent them from being exciting. You wait until they retire and change some things up. If he had more years like that, he'd be lower on the list. His impact was immeasurable.

6) Khalil Mack - He's outside the top 5 for now only because he's been on the team for just one year. He's on pace to make it to number one if Mitch doesn't beat him to it.

5) Mike Brown - A dominant safety who also had injuries cut his career short. He made so many impact plays, including the memorable back to back game winning picks in 2001. He helped rejuvenate the defense and propel them to dominant heights.

4) Olin Kruetz - He's a fringe player that may deserve an HOF nod at some point. The leader of the offense and an absolute animal. Great guy outside the game too.

3) Lance Briggs - He had an amazing career. An absolute dominant WLB. Unfortunately, his love for BBQ slowed him down.

2) Charles Tillman - Without a doubt, this man deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He is just a total class act and awesome person. On top of that, his play was elite. He could shut down big physical receivers like Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. But what was most impressive was his knack for the ball. He will go down in NFL history as one of the most prolific turnover causing machines. His 38 INTs and 44 Forced Fumbles (6th most of any player since 1993) total 82 Turnover opportunities! That is one of the prolific numbers ever. He was underrated by the media and as a result never got the number of all pro and probowl nods he truly deserved, but they should definitely find a spot for him. Truly a freak of nature

1) Brian Urlacher - Absolutely dominant player. He rejuvenated the defense and redefined the MLB position. His ability to do everything on the football field well was obvious. I believe he's the second best MLB in the Bears history and he was a clear first ballot HOFer. This was an easy one.

Other notables: Kyle Long, Eddie Jackson, Robbie Gould, John Tait, Akeim Hicks, Adewale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, Matt Forte, James Big Cat Williams, Blake Brockenmeyer, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Walt Harris, and Jerry Azumah.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It passed through my mind, but I decided my list would be the ten players I enjoyed watching play the most.

Offensive linemen, no matter how good, are boring as ****.
I have him listed

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure I can really rank order them but here is my ten best:

Urlacher
Mack
Payton
Dent
Singletary
Peppers
Hampton
Neal Anderson
Hester
Tillman

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
10) Ted Washington - Drafted by the 49ers, had some great years in Denver and Buffalo, then joined the Bears. He was a monster of a man and helped propel that 2001 defense to new heights. While he was only here a short time, his impact was monsterous.

9) Tommie Harris - For a few years there, he was perhaps the most dominant defensive tackle in the game. However, injuries really devastated his young career and negatively impacted the team. It's a real shame.

8) Jim Flanigan - a one time fan favorite that many people forget played for the Bears because he was stuck on terrible team after terrible team. During a six year span at defensive tackle, he ripped off 42.5 sacks or 7 sacks a year during that period. Many people overrated Mike Wells at this time, but to me, the talent was always Jim. I'm rating him higher than Tommie only due to longevity and the fact that he is largely forgotten.

7) Devin Hester - Unfortunately, he was only able to really produce for 2-3 years until Lovie and the league screwed it up. If you have the most exciting player at a position you don't add rules to prevent them from being exciting. You wait until they retire and change some things up. If he had more years like that, he'd be lower on the list. His impact was immeasurable.

6) Khalil Mack - He's outside the top 5 for now only because he's been on the team for just one year. He's on pace to make it to number one if Mitch doesn't beat him to it.

5) Mike Brown - A dominant safety who also had injuries cut his career short. He made so many impact plays, including the memorable back to back game winning picks in 2001. He helped rejuvenate the defense and propel them to dominant heights.

4) Olin Kruetz - He's a fringe player that may deserve an HOF nod at some point. The leader of the offense and an absolute animal. Great guy outside the game too.

3) Lance Briggs - He had an amazing career. An absolute dominant WLB. Unfortunately, his love for BBQ slowed him down.

2) Charles Tillman - Without a doubt, this man deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He is just a total class act and awesome person. On top of that, his play was elite. He could shut down big physical receivers like Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. But what was most impressive was his knack for the ball. He will go down in NFL history as one of the most prolific turnover causing machines. His 38 INTs and 44 Forced Fumbles (6th most of any player since 1993) total 82 Turnover opportunities! That is one of the prolific numbers ever. He was underrated by the media and as a result never got the number of all pro and probowl nods he truly deserved, but they should definitely find a spot for him. Truly a freak of nature

1) Brian Urlacher - Absolutely dominant player. He rejuvenated the defense and redefined the MLB position. His ability to do everything on the football field well was obvious. I believe he's the second best MLB in the Bears history and he was a clear first ballot HOFer. This was an easy one.

Other notables: Kyle Long, Eddie Jackson, Robbie Gould, John Tait, Akeim Hicks, Adewale Ogunleye, Alex Brown, Matt Forte, James Big Cat Williams, Blake Brockenmeyer, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Walt Harris, and Jerry Azumah.
I love the list...but completely disagree that Tillman is a HOF'er. Maybe sneaks in on some veteran ballot someday because he's such a good dude, but you look at the DB's enshrined in Canton..specifically CB's and Tillman doesn't match up.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's interesting that no one has Marshall on their lists. He was an All Pro WR and great player but it's interesting to see how his attitude has pretty much left him off of these lists. Objectively, he likely belong on them...but it's tough to kick a long time Bear and/or good guy that was a pretty good player for a player in Marshall who was objectively great but a malcontent. You could argue in Marshall's three years on the team he did more than Ted Washington(almost no tenure), Jim Flanigan(good player on terrible teams), and Tommie Harris(short peak..slow decline) combined for their entire Bears career.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite Bears. Nor necessarily the best, but that helps and these are the ones I liked the most. It's nice that there are a good number of these guys playing right now. A few years ago that wasn't the case. My watch history is pretty much 2000 onwards.

25) Bernard Berrian
24) Marty Booker
23) Rex Grossman (he represented hope to me)
22) Jerry Azumah
21) Nathan Vasher
20) Adawale Ogunleye
19) Tarik Cohen
18) Johnny Knox
17) Alex Brown
16) Robbie Gould
15) Kyle Long
14) Chris Harris
13) Akiem Hicks
12) Lance Briggs
11) Julius Peppers
10) Matt Forte
9) Khalil Mack
8) Eddie Jackson
7) Kyle Fuller
6) Olin Kreutz
5) Mike Brown
4) Brian Urlacher
3) Tommie Harris
2) Devin Hester
1) Charles Tillman

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think it's interesting that no one has Marshall on their lists. He was an All Pro WR and great player but it's interesting to see how his attitude has pretty much left him off of these lists. Objectively, he likely belong on them...but it's tough to kick a long time Bear and/or good guy that was a pretty good player for a player in Marshall who was objectively great but a malcontent. You could argue in Marshall's three years on the team he did more than Ted Washington(almost no tenure), Jim Flanigan(good player on terrible teams), and Tommie Harris(short peak..slow decline) combined for their entire Bears career.
One thing I’m not sure that I understand is how Marty Booker didn’t get on the top 100 list that was put out.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I love the list...but completely disagree that Tillman is a HOF'er. Maybe sneaks in on some veteran ballot someday because he's such a good dude, but you look at the DB's enshrined in Canton..specifically CB's and Tillman doesn't match up.
Lol its probably mostly based on my feelings. I think most would disagree with him being a HOFer, and I get it

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I’m not sure that I understand is how Marty Booker didn’t get on the top 100 list that was put out.
Compiler on shitty/forgettable teams and a forgettable era. I had a lot of issues with the list.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I like these two lists. Most of these guys were in my head...
Born in 1966:

Payton
Hampton
Dent
Singletary
Urlacher
Fencik
Hester
Hilgenberg
Covert
Tillman

There are current Bears who can make this list over time.
Not sure I can really rank order them but here is my ten best:

Urlacher
Mack
Payton
Dent
Singletary
Peppers
Hampton
Neal Anderson
Hester
Tillman
Covert, Hampton, Urlacher, Anderson... great players. Just another 10 made a bigger impression on me.
He was on my list. He was probably the best Bears WR I ever regularly watched.

Big Black Bear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1. Charles Tillman
2. Devin Hester
3. Brian Urlacher
4. Matt Forte
5. Julius Peppers
6. Mike Brown
7. Thomas Jones
8. Lance Briggs
9. Tommie Harris
10. Khalil Mack

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Born in '89, so here goes:

10. Tommie Harris
9. Robbie Gould
8. Mike Brown
7. Devin Hester
6. Matt Forte
5. Lance Briggs
4. Akiem Hicks
3. Khalil Mack (could be #1 very soon, transcendent players are very uncommon.)
2. Brian Urlacher
1. Charles Tillman

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Brandon Marshall is also close to being on the list, I've never felt more confident in a player winning his match up than him.

Eddie Jackson is also on the rise.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
My favorite Bears. Nor necessarily the best, but that helps and these are the ones I liked the most. It's nice that there are a good number of these guys playing right now. A few years ago that wasn't the case. My watch history is pretty much 2000 onwards.

25) Bernard Berrian
24) Marty Booker
23) Rex Grossman (he represented hope to me)
22) Jerry Azumah
21) Nathan Vasher
20) Adawale Ogunleye
19) Tarik Cohen
18) Johnny Knox
17) Alex Brown
16) Robbie Gould
15) Kyle Long
14) Chris Harris
13) Akiem Hicks
12) Lance Briggs
11) Julius Peppers
10) Matt Forte
9) Khalil Mack
8) Eddie Jackson
7) Kyle Fuller
6) Olin Kreutz
5) Mike Brown
4) Brian Urlacher
3) Tommie Harris
2) Devin Hester
1) Charles Tillman
Glad Jerry Azumah got some love. He was an awesome returner. I loved him and was really upset when he hurt his neck. Unfortunately for him he is easily forgotten as Hester followed him immediately.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Was born in '88.

In no particular order:

Conway (Was one of the only Bears players worth a shit when I was a kid)
Urlacher
Tillman
Briggs
Forte
T. Harris
E. Jackson (I think he's already the best Bears safety of all time, and he's a super cool player)
Hester
Peppers
Mack

Would've liked to put more '90s guys in there, because that's my childhood team. But shit, man---'90s Bears football. You know.

Robbie Gould is probably *juuusst* outside my Top 10. Same with Tarik Cohen.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cade McNown
Kevin White
Stan Thomas
Michael Haynes
Gabe Carimi
John Thierry
Rick Mirer
Sam Hurd