Your Picks on the Coaching Carousel

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
Giants- Wilks. Gettleman uses his Carolina connections for Wilks. Brings in McCoy as OC (also spent time in Carolina)
Colts- Nagy. Ballard knows him well, a more established coach isn’t going to want to deal with Irsay.
Lions- Patricia. Lions want to keep Cooter, so a defensive coach with Patriots ties makes sense.
Arizona- Shurmer. They try to keep the defensive coaches intact and go with another veteran offensive coach. The fact that he can bring a QB with him will be appealing too.
Oakland- Gruden.
Bears- Do they go with brilliant and volatile or brilliant and inexperienced? I think the tipping point is that because of McDaniels brother being here, both sides will believe they know what they are getting into. McDaniels is the choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hope not on McDaniels. I'm in the anyone-but camp. Petulant man-children don't change.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Giants- Wilks. Gettleman uses his Carolina connections for Wilks. Brings in McCoy as OC (also spent time in Carolina)
Colts- Nagy. Ballard knows him well, a more established coach isn’t going to want to deal with Irsay.
Lions- Patricia. Lions want to keep Cooter, so a defensive coach with Patriots ties makes sense.
Arizona- Shurmer. They try to keep the defensive coaches intact and go with another veteran offensive coach. The fact that he can bring a QB with him will be appealing too.
Oakland- Gruden.
Bears- Do they go with brilliant and volatile or brilliant and inexperienced? I think the tipping point is that because of McDaniels brother being here, both sides will believe they know what they are getting into. McDaniels is the choice.

I think you're spot on about everything, except McD. My prediction is Flip as HC.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oakland- Gruden.

Is this a who we want, or who we thing will end up where thread?

Monster

Liked Posts:
My concern on McDaniels is the Brady factor.
The GOAT makes everyone around him shine.
I know this is a very common opinion said a million times.
One million and one now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm leaning towards Shurmur or Nagy.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think you're spot on about everything, except McD. My prediction is Flip as HC.
I still think McDaniels is going to be the Bears head coach. He isn't my first choice but I think it's going to happen.

I still think it would be pretty interesting if coach Flip ends up our offensive coordinator.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Is this a who we want, or who we thing will end up where thread?
I think it's a less than who we want and more of a where we think they'll end up

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Considering the brother connection, I think we are the team that should know McDaniels better than anyone. If he is the pick, I will have to trust Pace that he has grown since the Denver incident. My personal choice would be Flip, though...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oakland- Jon Gruden/Frank Reich
Bears-Matt Shurmur/Matt Wilks
Giants-Jim Swartz/Josh McDaniels
Lions-Matt Patricia/Mike Vrabel
Colts-Nagy/Flip
Arizona-I honestly have no clue...........Mike Vrabel

Everyone thinks it is a foregone conclusion JBC stays with the Lions, locally there is a lot more doubt about that. I would be surprised if he is the OC for the Lions in 2018, at best he will be the QB coach again. Same can be said for Austin, although I think he has a much better chance of remaining DC that Cooter does OC.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Oakland- Jon Gruden/Frank Reich
Bears-Matt Shurmur/Matt Wilks
Giants-Jim Swartz/Josh McDaniels
Lions-Matt Patricia/Mike Vrabel
Colts-Nagy/Flip
Arizona-I honestly have no clue...........Mike Vrabel

Everyone thinks it is a foregone conclusion JBC stays with the Lions, locally there is a lot more doubt about that. I would be surprised if he is the OC for the Lions in 2018, at best he will be the QB coach again. Same can be said for Austin, although I think he has a much better chance of remaining DC that Cooter does OC.

Better for us if either of those guys are kept around...

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Colts- Matt Nagy
Giants- Jim Schwartz
Raiders- Jon Gruden
Cardinals- Pat Shurmur
Lions- Matt Patricia

Bears- Josh McDaniels

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better for us if either of those guys are kept around...

I think Shurmur as a HC and Cooter as a QB coach would be the best possible combination myself. Not sure how it is better for the Bears if they stay on the lions staff, their record against the Bears hasn't been all that bad recently......

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think Shurmur as a HC and Cooter as a QB coach would be the best possible combination myself. Not sure how it is better for the Bears if they stay on the lions staff, their record against the Bears hasn't been all that bad recently......

Cooter has no idea how to run the football. And that is only one of his issues.

Bears are getting better. Detroit likely will not. This is coming from a 20+ year FORMER Lions fan...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cooter has no idea how to run the football. And that is only one of his issues.

Bears are getting better. Detroit likely will not. This is coming from a 20+ year FORMER Lions fan...

If you look closely, I didn't say Cooter as OC I said Cooter as QB coach.....try again? Bears are getting better? How is 4 years in last place deemed better by any stretch of the imagination?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cooter is staying with the Lions.

If somehow he leaves he won’t take a demotion. Teams will be lining up to hire him as an OC.

Liked Posts:
Oakland- Gruden.

Lions- Patricia
Giants- Shurmur
Colts- Toub
Bears- Defilippo
Raiders- Gruden
Arizona-Nagy

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Considering the brother connection, I think we are the team that should know McDaniels better than anyone. If he is the pick, I will have to trust Pace that he has grown since the Denver incident. My personal choice would be Flip, though...

this....pretty much this.

gonna be an interesting weekend once the dominoes start falling

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cooter is staying with the Lions.

If somehow he leaves he won’t take a demotion. Teams will be lining up to hire him as an OC.

Quinn has repeatedly said he won't force a staff on the new HC, the decision on staff will be his (the new HC) and his alone. He even went as far to say as he won't let the QB influence this decision. With all likelyhood of a Patricia signing, it will be up to him, and him alone should he want to retain Cooter.

So to say the Lions are keeping Cooter is a bit pre-mature.