You're Allowed 1 Pick - Who is it?

ChiGuy23

Liked Posts:
Nabers with the caveat that it comes with a trade down and additional draft capital. His run after the catch ability and deep speed are insane.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Every position on an offense has to scare the opposition, that is how championship teams are built. In the NFC, look at the 49ers. they are loaded with talent from the offensive line through the tight ends. Every position has players that force the defense to adjust and overcompensate. The Bears offense is not comparable to the 49ers offensive personnel. But, we have a chance to build our offense through the draft and free agency to be quite formidable next season. Go Bears...
We'll know more after this weekend. Right now the only thing we have to go on is an extremely weak NFC and a 45-10 Ravens win over the 49ers.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Joe Alt for me, I want an OLine that allows the QB to do his job without requiring miracles
My opinion. The issue is more the interior than the edges. A stud center is the biggest priority for me on OL, whether through FA or the draft.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
My opinion. The issue is more the interior than the edges. A stud center is the biggest priority for me on OL, whether through FA or the draft.
I agree 100% center is #1 priority but those can be found in free agency every year, elite LT's are rare.

I think having two bookend elite tackles will set this offense up to compete for the next decade.

BearNation

Liked Posts:
Non-first rounder Cooper Beebe Guard from Kanas State. Allowed 1 sack in last 3 years.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Joe Alt for me, I want an OLine that allows the QB to do his job without requiring miracles
i guess its a good thing you arent the GM then. heres braxton jones' penalties and sacks allowed this year per pff

1707450696474.png

and here's laremy tunsil

1707450717006.png

can you at least just go look at the actual games and realize what you're saying and reality do not match. as ive told you four separate times the majority of pressure given up by this line is on the interior. it is an issue, but it is NOT an issue with the tackles.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's Harrison. By far. Nobody else is close.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i guess its a good thing you arent the GM then. heres braxton jones' penalties and sacks allowed this year per pff

View attachment 34750

and here's laremy tunsil

View attachment 34751

can you at least just go look at the actual games and realize what you're saying and reality do not match. as ive told you four separate times the majority of pressure given up by this line is on the interior. it is an issue, but it is NOT an issue with the tackles.

It's like talking to a dumb wall tbh

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MHJ will probably join the ranks of Lamb, Jefferson and Chase.... but sadly we won't hear his name called during Bears games unless they're playing against him.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which of the FOUR picks is your one and only? Discipline my man, you can do it.
Or do I assume you take Nabers?

Nabers

I was under the impression you meant who to pick at 9 and I put together a 4 man draft board.

But yes, Nabers

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If you only have 1 pick, you draft Caleb Williams becuase the QB position is so important. But that's not the scenario we are in. Its Caleb Williams at #1, or MHJ at #2 and a 1st rd pick, or a massive haul to trade further back.

Now if you asked me who would I bet my life on becoming a successful HOF worthy type of player, that would be MHJ. To me, he is the most surefire guy to translate to the next level.