Z to Fenway for Dice K??????

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
One potential trading partner for the Cubs if they decide to shop Carlos Zambrano — the Red Sox, possibly for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who is owed only $10 million for each of the next two seasons. …

MLB whispers: How about Matsuzaka for Zambrano? - chicagotribune.com

Thoughts? I say NO and I don't even think twice. This would be a dumb trade for the Cubs. I know Z could be crazy...but we did not see that when he was good at the end of the season. He's younger and I think he will pitch better.

Dice K has been injury prone as of late, has not pitched good and is older. He still is owed 10M a year and that's less but not by a lot.

The Cubs probably could save money, but this is not the trade to do so.

Oh and there's the fact, Z said he will not waive his NTC. C'mon Rogers! This is his BS idea. It has to be.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
NO, and won't happen.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
No
Dice K has bad control and is massively overpaid. This would just be a trade of "take my bad contract for yours" and Z is better than Dice K

herky

Liked Posts:
Not unless they send Ellsbury along with Dice K. which isn't going to happen. One thing to swap bad contracts and save money but it's another to give the Red Sox Z who is far and away the better baseball player.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread has run it's course. Got Teeth will receive an infraction for his comments, but I do agree w/ him that there's no way the Red Sox trade Ellsbury in this proposed deal. The Red Sox will want a top prospect for him, which I doubt the Cubs or any team will give up for him.

Last edited: