Zach didn’t agree with Donovan benching him

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah the horror of Donovan benching LaVine who shot 1-14 and is a sub par defender ?

The reality is the Bulls prob would have lost by more points with LaVine in the game. He was absolutely terrible. Maybe in his mind he’s Michael Jordan but the truth is, he’s closer to a 3rd option on a championship team. Can’t believe he actually said that Billy has to “lay with it” lol…you’d expect someone making max dollars to not only show it on the court, but also show it through leadership.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bad knees. Bad leadership. Not even a T1 star when healthy. Great guy to max!

From all accounts AK never entertained a S&T which to me, was a very unwise decision. Zach was never going to sign outright to another team because he would have left a ton of money on the table and he was looking to get paid (as he should). Bulls held all the cards and they came across as desperate and a team looking to gain favor with the players as opposed to making good decisions.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If you actually read what ZL, you’d have no issue with it really. All he said was that he wanted to be out there and that guys like him can go off at any moment. He acknowledged he played terrible to that point, but is he really wrong to say that he’s capable to go off for 10-15 points in a 5 min stretch?? He’s certainly done it before, few guys can

Reality is, BD and ZL were both correct in what they did and said. And when the benching was going on, it’s not like ZL was on the bench pouting. He was up cheering like everyone else on the bench was

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This will either be a turning point where they get their heads out of their asses or it will get much worse going forward.

To make it sting more WCJ played great against the Bulls again, and Laurie went off for 38 with a game winning shot over the Suns last night.

I had hope that we left Bulls hell when they sign AKME, but shit is not looking good at all.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This will either be a turning point where they get their heads out of their asses or it will get much worse going forward.

To make it sting more WCJ played great against the Bulls again, and Laurie went off for 38 with a game winning shot over the Suns last night.

I had hope that we left Bulls hell when they sign AKME, but shit is not looking good at all.
WCJ always plays well against the Bulls.

I'd be interested if Coby White suddenly becomes a thing once he's no longer a Bull.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Crazy that WCJ is still only 23. The big thing with him is health and he always misses time, unfortunately. But here’s his numbers so far this season:

17 PPG
9 RPG
eFG%: 57%
FG% 51%
PER: 18
TS% 62%
WS/48: .136
Salary: 14 mil (de-escalating contract that will pay him 10 mil in his last season)

He’s also a much better defender than Vuc. That trade looks worse and worse

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WCJ always plays well against the Bulls.

I'd be interested if Coby White suddenly becomes a thing once he's no longer a Bull.
What is it about the Bulls? Feels like we are always waiting for someone to develope. Is it the organiation? are they too impatient? Do the coaches use people improperly?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What is it about the Bulls? Feels like we are always waiting for someone to develope. Is it the organiation? are they too impatient? Do the coaches use people improperly?
The Bulls last three coaches: BD, Boylen, and Hoiberg lol

It’s coaching. The Bulls didn’t have problems developing players under Thibs.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Also, would love to hear anyones explanation on why Alex Caruso is playing 8 more minutes a game than Javonte Green. Besides noticeably passing the eye test and making an impact pretty much every time he steps on the court, he got no burn in the 1st half yesterday and BD continues to give Caruso consistent burn despite being a travesty on offense. Lets look at some key efficiency numbers:

Green

eFG% 59%
3P% 35%
FG% 53%
PER: 15
TS% 61%
WS/48: .144

Caruso

eFG% 49%
3P% 36%
FG% 38%
PER: 10
TS% 53%
WS/48: .061

Like…wtf is BDs thought process playing the worse player 8 more minutes per game? Does he think Caruso is an infinitely better defender than Green? The difference is marginal on that end, but huge on the offensive end towards Green. Give Dragic the bulk of the backup PG mins. Caruso shouldn’t be playing more than 10 mins a game. He’s fucking terrible. Let Green backup the 2/3 spots and give DJJ consistent minutes at the backup 4 spot. Good things happen when he’s in the game. Taper Caruso the hell out of the rotation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sure because I dont know Zach true thought process, but did he really want to be a Bull? The Pels went through this with Eric Gordon. He didnt want to be a Pel but he was public about it. They matched the Suns offer sheet. He went and played like absolute shit the rest of the time he was with us. He then goes to Houston and magically found his shooting touch again. Not saying this is it, but Lavine could have some doubt in his head of not wanting to be there especially with him not being the alpha. Players are funny like that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Im not sure because I dont know Zach true thought process, but did he really want to be a Bull? The Pels went through this with Eric Gordon. He didnt want to be a Pel but he was public about it. They matched the Suns offer sheet. He went and played like absolute shit the rest of the time he was with us. He then goes to Houston and magically found his shooting touch again. Not saying this is it, but Lavine could have some doubt in his head of not wanting to be there especially with him not being the alpha. Players are funny like that.

That would be awesome. Then AK could trade him without having to worry about the “optics.” I wouldn’t let that stop me, personally, but I could see why it might give AKME pause.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is Zach's second contract with the Bulls. He was an RFA in 2018 and the Kings signed him to an offer sheet, and the Bulls matched. This past offseason he was up for a max and wanted nothing but. The Bulls could offer him the most, so it made more sense for him to want to stay. I also never heard any grumblings of him not wanting to be here, but what do I know?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is Zach's second contract with the Bulls. He was an RFA in 2018 and the Kings signed him to an offer sheet, and the Bulls matched. This past offseason he was up for a max and wanted nothing but. The Bulls could offer him the most, so it made more sense for him to want to stay. I also never heard any grumblings of him not wanting to be here, but what do I know?
All i will say, is either something is wrong with him or her doesnt care because he is extremely athletic and all of the sudden looks like he is 15 year vet thats tired.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Good analysis on the situation

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you actually read what ZL, you’d have no issue with it really. All he said was that he wanted to be out there and that guys like him can go off at any moment. He acknowledged he played terrible to that point, but is he really wrong to say that he’s capable to go off for 10-15 points in a 5 min stretch?? He’s certainly done it before, few guys can

Reality is, BD and ZL were both correct in what they did and said. And when the benching was going on, it’s not like ZL was on the bench pouting. He was up cheering like everyone else on the bench was
You mean he didn’t go to the locker room like Pippen, who wasn’t even pulled but just didn’t get a play wrote up for. Lol.

Good post, btw.