Zach Ertz on trade block

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Hopefully this Philly TE doesnt have anxiety issues.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Would love to get ertz as long as it doesn’t cost draft picks. Miller, dalton, Foles?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Why trade a moderately impactful TE for another one. I’d prefer Graham over Ertz strictly for the red zone. He’s massive.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you want to trade our best redzone threat for Ertz who is on the decline?

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Kmet and Graham is better that Kmet and Ertz. Graham should be kept unless we absolutely need the cap to address the secondary.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know we have been talking about how Graham is very useful in the RedZone, and he was, but let's not forget how BAD he was on the other 80 Yards. Not until the end of the Year did they start to get Kmet involved between the 20s.

Ertz could be a good pickup if he came with an exchange of players and minimize draft capital to later rounds, because Ertz is 30 now so he may not be the value he once was.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I know we have been talking about how Graham is very useful in the RedZone, and he was, but let's not forget how BAD he was on the other 80 Yards. Not until the end of the Year did they start to get Kmet involved between the 20s.

Ertz could be a good pickup if he came with an exchange of players and minimize draft capital to later rounds, because Ertz is 30 now so he may not be the value he once was.
He wasn't really that bad at all like you're trying to make him sound.

Does Graham have breakaway speed anymore? Hell no.

But he made a lot of difficult catches that helped move the chains, and not all of them were touchdowns. So to me he's still a productive player and one I'd want to keep especially with a new quarterback. A tight end that can catch is a quarterback's best friend and security blanket.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I still think Ertz has 2-3 years left in him. Despite having a fast TE 40 (4.67) and being a bigger guy (6'5, 250) he really plays a finesse game. He's a great route runner who goes down on first contact.

Last year was similar to DeSean Jackson's 2012 non-holdout, non-caring contract year. He mailed it in trying to avoid an injury before the next contract. Ertz did get banged up, but I think it he used that to avoid further injuries.

Is he worth trading? Not for your team. You'd trade for Ertz knowing he wants an extension. Why not just keep Graham who gives you comparable production for what I'm guessing would be less money.

The rumored landing spot for Ertz has always been Buffalo. They need a TE to work the middle and he'd be perfect. Not sure if it will happen, but it should.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He wasn't really that bad at all like you're trying to make him sound.

Does Graham have breakaway speed anymore? Hell no.

But he made a lot of difficult catches that helped move the chains, and not all of them were touchdowns. So to me he's still a productive player and one I'd want to keep especially with a new quarterback. A tight end that can catch is a quarterback's best friend and security blanket.
He shouldn't be on the field outside the red zone. He's a liability that can't block or stretch the field.