Zach Lavine - 5 years/$215.2M

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No surprises here. Bulls had little choice but to max him out, even if he doesn’t really make a max top tier level impact. He’s an all-star and face of the team at this point. Couldn’t lose him for nothing. Hopefully he comes back fully healthy and has a career year

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Was getting a little nervous there that mavs made a strong enough push to have him jump ship

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Was getting a little nervous there that mavs made a strong enough push to have him jump ship
I know I shouldnt have.. but I did get a bit nervous when I woke up this AM and there was no deal. Lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That didn't take as long as I thought it might. LaVine is official an AKME guy now. The only one left over from GarPax is Coby.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No surprises here. Bulls had little choice but to max him out, even if he doesn’t really make a max top tier level impact. He’s an all-star and face of the team at this point. Couldn’t lose him for nothing. Hopefully he comes back fully healthy and has a career year
If Bradley Beal can get 50 mil a year I guess this just has to make sense

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Nothing beats the 2016 overpays.

Loul Deng retired 3 years ago and Lakers were still paying him this season. Same with Noah/Knicks.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just noticed buried in the article was this.

The team also re-signed Derrick Jones Jr. to a two-year, $6.6 million deal, according to multiple reports. Jones was one of the most utilized rotational players for the Bulls last season, averaging 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds while providing some of the team’s most explosive dunks off the bench.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Contracts are out of control

did you know in 2014-2015 season the NBA salary cap was 63.1 while the NHL was at 64.3 million.

In 2022 the NHL cap is 82.5 million and the nba has ballooned to 123.6 million

WOW!

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't believe it's a good idea to give max money to a guy that could never be a top 2 player on a championship team.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I don't believe it's a good idea to give max money to a guy that could never be a top 2 player on a championship team.
Losing a budding all star in their mid-20s for nothing is a bad idea. What happens to the Bulls if they lost him to a team like Dallas? They become uncompetitive for the foreseeable future. In all likelihood, LaVine will have at least some value in a couple of years if they decide to change direction as a franchise and trade him for players/picks/assets.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You’ll get flack for this but you’re not wrong. Having said that, what’s the alternative? Lose LaVine for nothing? This is the reality in the NBA today…you have to retain your all-star/face of the franchise players….even if their impact on the court isn’t aligned with a max salary. Just the nature of the beast

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol the ZL doubters always continue and always are changing the narrative around him. First it was, oh he’s just a volume shooter, then it was, oh he’s hurt all the time, then it was, oh he’s not an all star level player, and now it’s, oh, he’s not a top 2 player on a championship team.

I wonder what it’ll be next…