Zach Lavine - 5 years/$215.2M

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Lol the ZL doubters always continue and always are changing the narrative around him. First it was, oh he’s just a volume shooter, then it was, oh he’s hurt all the time, then it was, oh he’s not an all star level player, and now it’s, oh, he’s not a top 2 player on a championship team.

I wonder what it’ll be next…

An overpaid player.

I never said any of those things about Zach so I have no idea whom you are talking about. Either way, my option of Lavine has nothing to do with what other "doubters" said and vice versa.

With few exceptions, a NBA team needs two truly elite players to win a championship. Unless you are operating with an excessive budge it is difficult to pay two elite players while also giving max money to a non elite player. Resigning Lavine solidifies the Bulls as a mid level playoff team with no chance of an NBA Championship. For some that is better than rebuilding which I can understand.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
An overpaid player.

I never said any of those things about Zach so I have no idea whom you are talking about. Either way, my option of Lavine has nothing to do with what other "doubters" said and vice versa.

With few exceptions, a NBA team needs two truly elite players to win a championship. Unless you are operating with an excessive budge it is difficult to pay two elite players while also giving max money to a non elite player. Resigning Lavine solidifies the Bulls as a mid level playoff team with no chance of an NBA Championship. For some that is better than rebuilding which I can understand.
Clearly, I’m not talking to you then, unless you’re a ZL doubter, which your post would seem to indicate.

whether you’ve said those things I mentioned or not, it’s the narratives that have been pushed about him over his time here in Chicago. I would of thought you could grasp that, even if it’s not something you specifically have said…would think you would comprehend it’s things many have said about ZL in the ever changing narrative about him.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Clearly, I’m not talking to you then, unless you’re a ZL doubter, which your post would seem to indicate.

whether you’ve said those things I mentioned or not, it’s the narratives that have been pushed about him over his time here in Chicago. I would of thought you could grasp that, even if it’s not something you specifically have said…would think you would comprehend it’s things many have said about ZL in the ever changing narrative about him.

You wouldn't like being grouped in with a narrative or group you had no part of either. My point is from a budatory standpoint I don't agree with the signing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You wouldn't like being grouped in with a narrative or group you had no part of either. My point is from a budatory standpoint I don't agree with the signing.
What would you of done? Let him walk for nothing??

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
An overpaid player.

Like I said before, bulls couldn’t lose him for nothing but you are absolutely correct…bulls are a mid level playoff team with no chance at an nba championship. No way around that…but the alternative was to lose your face of the franchise player for nothing and tarnish the bulls reputation even more. They really didn’t have much of a choice here.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Like I said before, bulls couldn’t lose him for nothing but you are absolutely correct…bulls are a mid level playoff team with no chance at an nba championship. No way around that…but the alternative was to lose your face of the franchise player for nothing and tarnish the bulls reputation even more. They really didn’t have much of a choice here.

That's a fair take.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
What would you of done? Let him walk for nothing??

It's a very valid question. I'd prefer a sign and trade. You can make the argument if you are not a true contender you might as well blow it up. But way easier said than done. Being a bottom feeder during a rebuild (ie cubs) and hoping to build through the draft definitely sucks. I would also add that for me the situation represents the limitation of this organization. They have to overpay for a good not great player like Levine because truly elite players don't sign here. Anyway, I hope Levine proves me wrong (and stays healthy).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It's a very valid question. I'd prefer a sign and trade. You can make the argument if you are not a true contender you might as well blow it up. But way easier said than done. Being a bottom feeder during a rebuild (ie cubs) and hoping to build through the draft definitely sucks. I would also add that for me the situation represents the limitation of this organization. They have to overpay for a good not great player like Levine because truly elite players don't sign here. Anyway, I hope Levine proves me wrong (and stays healthy).
What you get in a sign and trade? A bunch of middling talent just to match up salaries plus a bunch of picks that are likely in the 20 range lottery protected. No thank you.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What you get in a sign and trade? A bunch of middling talent just to match up salaries plus a bunch of picks that are likely in the 20 range lottery protected. No thank you.
Plus I think due to base year compensation we can't even match Zach's full salary, just half of the first year, so it's really middling talent at that point.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Fair enough. I respect your take. Hopefully he proves me wrong (and stays healthy).